Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [perl] Would it be possible to write a bot in perl?

AuthorMessageTime
Zoruglu
Would it be possible to program a bot in perl? Preferably in windows with a GUI, but linux would be fine too...

I have a 2 years experience on programming perl for the web, and on linux... Writing a bot for bnet, and writing perl on windows is new for me however...

This question is also: How well is perl implemented in windows?

If it is possible, and I come up with a perl version, I would write a module (for CPAN) so writing a bot in perl is simpler...
May 13, 2003, 6:10 PM
Kp
[quote author=Zoruglu link=board=5;threadid=1322;start=0#msg9875 date=1052849432]
Would it be possible to program a bot in perl? Preferably in windows with a GUI, but linux would be fine too...

I have a 2 years experience on programming perl for the web, and on linux... Writing a bot for bnet, and writing perl on windows is new for me however...

This question is also: How well is perl implemented in windows?

If it is possible, and I come up with a perl version, I would write a module (for CPAN) so writing a bot in perl is simpler...
[/quote]It is possible (and has been done before). Really any language with basic data processing/extraction and networking capabilities *should* be able to do it. It's just a question of program efficiency / design ease. Not sure how well perl is implemented on Windows.
May 13, 2003, 6:26 PM
Zoruglu
Yep, perl seems perfect :)

The linux chat project seels dead! I could only download the lc.pl file from sourcefourge, without the hashdata.pm file... Does anybody have the original files somewhere on their hd?

Apparently, this file contains some functions that does something with the data to send, although I don't know what is done exactly...

Thx for the link and the info anyway, it has helped me a lot! :)
May 15, 2003, 12:32 PM
Zakath
Try talking to c0ol, the author. You can find him in channel "clan fatal-error" on Bnet, if you've got means to get online.
May 16, 2003, 8:30 PM
Zoruglu
Sure, I'm online almost everyday, to play Starcraft ;)

Thx Zakath!!
May 21, 2003, 9:10 AM
Zakath
No problem. He's not been around much recently, but maybe you'll get lucky.
May 23, 2003, 2:23 AM

Search