Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | More screwed up California law things

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/07/02/BAGO4DI6GJ1.DTL

WTF!?  They push this guy out of busniess to build condominiums & a SEARS TIRE STORE!?
F you California, F you
November 11, 2005, 2:33 AM
Topaz
Blame the Supreme Court, not Cali!
November 11, 2005, 2:38 AM
CrAz3D
I do, I blame California too cause they're the ones that did it.  Just cause it is legal doesn't make it right (i.e. if homo marriage is ever legal)
November 11, 2005, 2:41 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13199.msg133469#msg133469 date=1131676865]
I do, I blame California too cause they're the ones that did it.  Just cause it is legal doesn't make it right (i.e. if homo marriage is ever legal)
[/quote]

Why don't you calm down for a change Crazed, Jesus.  Your constant whining and blatant comments of the same thing over and over are annoying; we get it, you're a radical conservative who hates anything that would threaten the values of conservatives, i.e. liberals.  (Invert, feel free to flame some more)
November 11, 2005, 10:06 PM
CrAz3D
So, because I don't like it when the government steals my house & gives to someone else, & I don't like it that the government steals my arms, & I don't like it that big government has become FUCKING HUGE government I'm whining?  k, just thought I'd ask.

At least I know that I wouldn't vote away my freedoms & that I care.
November 11, 2005, 10:11 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13199.msg133632#msg133632 date=1131747085]
So, because I don't like it when the government steals my house & gives to someone else, & I don't like it that the government steals my arms, & I don't like it that big government has become FUCKING HUGE government I'm whining?  k, just thought I'd ask.

[/quote]

Guess you shouldn't have voted Bush then, eh?
November 11, 2005, 10:12 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=13199.msg133633#msg133633 date=1131747157]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13199.msg133632#msg133632 date=1131747085]

[/quote]

Guess you shouldn't have voted Bush then, eh?
[/quote]He was the lesser of 2 evils in my view.  Kerry would've done nothing but mess stuff up (or done everything exactly the same...there were only 2 roads from where the country was [re: Iraq] near election time).  Gore wouldn't've been as good as Bush after 9/11.

I'm not fond of Bush's neo-conservatism, no, but I do support that more than the "crazy hippy policy" that gives people a slap on the wrist & says "play nice".
November 11, 2005, 10:19 PM
Mephisto
If you're implying that the legal action taken in California is the result of Liberals/Democrats, I'd strongly think again.  As it turns out, and I'm sure you're quite aware, the majority of the Supreme Court is filled with conservatives, not necessarily social conservatives, but constitutional conservatives who interpret the constitution narrowly.  As a result on this matter, the Supreme Court voted 5-4 in favor of recognizing state/local governments power of eminent domain, allowing this to legally occur in the incident of California which you present.  Mind you as well, that California State Government is currently conservative under Schwarzenegger who openly endorsed Bush.

But you may be pleased to know that this ruling has indeed stirrerd up much opposition: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/04/eminent.domain.ap/
November 11, 2005, 10:25 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=13199.msg133637#msg133637 date=1131747928]
If you're implying that the legal action taken in California is the result of Liberals/Democrats, I'd strongly think again.  As it turns out, and I'm sure you're quite aware, the majority of the Supreme Court is filled with conservatives, not necessarily social conservatives, but constitutional conservatives who interpret the constitution narrowly.  As a result on this matter, the Supreme Court voted 5-4 in favor of recognizing state/local governments power of eminent domain, allowing this to legally occur in the incident of California which you present.  Mind you as well, that California State Government is currently conservative under Schwarzenegger.

But you may be pleased to know that this ruling has indeed stirrerd up much opposition: http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/04/eminent.domain.ap/
[/quote]
Maybe read the whole 2 other posts of the thread next time, kthnx.
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13199.msg133469#msg133469 date=1131676865]
[/quote]
I acknowledged that it is the SCOTUS that screwed up to begin with, however, Californians used it so it makes them @ fault as well.
If I hand you crack & you use it is it only my fault?...no, I just enabled you to do it.  We're equally stupid.
November 11, 2005, 10:30 PM
CrAz3D
Oh yeah, & I <3 the new Congress bill...
I thought only the Supreme Court could overturn rulings?...
November 12, 2005, 2:56 PM
Arta
New congress bill?
November 12, 2005, 3:38 PM
CrAz3D
The one Mephisto was talking about
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/04/eminent.domain.ap/

Congress wants to withhold federal funding from state & local governments using eminent domain to seize private property for private use.
November 13, 2005, 1:49 AM

Search