Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | ID legal, for now

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/11/08/evolution.debate.ap/index.html

I believe ID should be taught, not creationism, but ID yeah
November 9, 2005, 2:52 AM
Hitmen
ID shouldn't be taught for the simple fact that it isn't science. But Kansas found their own way of dealing with that. Hey, why don't we just redefine science!

[quote]
In addition, the board rewrote the definition of science, so that it is no longer limited to the search for natural explanations of phenomena.
[/quote]
November 9, 2005, 3:39 AM
St0rm.iD
I'm gonna have to go liberal on this one. Evolution, baybee!
November 9, 2005, 4:00 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=dxoigmn link=topic=13184.msg133276#msg133276 date=1131512944]
[quote author=Banana fanna fo fanna link=topic=13184.msg133269#msg133269 date=1131508832]
I'm gonna have to go liberal on this one. Evolution, baybee!
[/quote]

I don't think it is a liberal vs conservatism thing.  It's more like people with vs people without a brain.
[/quote]Actually, just the fact that someone is a person means that they have a brain ... maybe you need to study science more ;)

Anyways, science iself is just a bunch of theories.  But ID (the idea that something @ least started it all) should be taught, anyone with a brain can see that scientific 'facts' alone can't prove that the earth even exists.  Science says nothing can come from nothing.  So, inorder for us to be here there must've been something, but where did that come from?  Nothing?  Maybe we ARE nothing? ;)

Eh, I just hope they don't push creationism too.  I don't agree w/strict Bible teachings.  Crazy neo-conservatism
November 9, 2005, 6:09 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13184.msg133279#msg133279 date=1131516584]
Actually, just the fact that someone is a person means that they have a brain ... maybe you need to study science more ;)

Anyways, science iself is just a bunch of theories.  But ID (the idea that something @ least started it all) should be taught, anyone with a brain can see that scientific 'facts' alone can't prove that the earth even exists.  Science says nothing can come from nothing.  So, inorder for us to be here there must've been something, but where did that come from?  Nothing?  Maybe we ARE nothing? ;)

Eh, I just hope they don't push creationism too.  I don't agree w/strict Bible teachings.  Crazy neo-conservatism
[/quote]

ID is not a science therefore should not be taught in a science class. If you want it to be taught, let it be taught in high school as an elective option. Science does not say something came from nothing.
November 9, 2005, 6:27 AM
CrAz3D
Science is the study of something, yeah?  Theology is the study of religion & such.  ID is a theory.  Evolution (when in reference to us changing as time goes by) is not a science either, it is a theory.
November 9, 2005, 3:16 PM
Forged
ID is not a theory, it has no real evidence supporting it.  You really can't debate ID, either you think some diety created everything or you don't. 
November 9, 2005, 4:04 PM
St0rm.iD
ID shouldn't be taught in science classes, but instead should be taught in some other class. Personally, I think its ridiculous that we're still fighting this fight. Unfortunately, liberal whining has devalued their arguments, an unfortunate thing, in my eyes.
November 10, 2005, 1:16 AM
Myndfyr
Not a single person has ever responded to the argument that says "We should teach problems with our current model of evolution as potential support for ID" with any kind of argument.  And thus people are still saying there's no support, blind sheep still following.  :/
November 10, 2005, 5:58 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=13184.msg133396#msg133396 date=1131602287]
Not a single person has ever responded to the argument that says "We should teach problems with our current model of evolution as potential support for ID" with any kind of argument.  And thus people are still saying there's no support, blind sheep still following.  :/
[/quote]

Just because there are problems with evolution does mean that is support for ID. That is not science, nor logical.
November 10, 2005, 6:42 AM
CrAz3D
Hmm, the Dover schoolboard was voted out today I guess.  lol

Didn't think it'd hold long
November 10, 2005, 6:44 AM
Adron
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=13184.msg133396#msg133396 date=1131602287]
[/quote]

Indeed, problems with evolution are not necessarily support for ID. Neither are problems with ID directly support for evolution.
November 10, 2005, 4:13 PM
Arta
Yes. Mf never responded when I asked if he was an ID proponent or an evolution critic... :)
November 10, 2005, 5:13 PM

Search