Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | $7.1 billion to battle avian flu

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/11/01/us.flu.plan/index.html

November 1, 2005, 10:54 PM
St0rm.iD
Obligatory liberal comment:

7.1 billion for a fabricated right-wing conspiracy threat, but only $xxx for yyy!!!?!?!? WHAT AN OUTRAGE! IMPEACH BUSH!
November 1, 2005, 11:13 PM
Charlie
Lol, I don't know. For our luck if we don't spend money on it then we will get it. So...Hell if I know, I say nuke it!

Lmao

-Charlie
November 2, 2005, 7:21 AM
iago
"How will they blame THIS on the terrorists?" -My teacher

But anyway, I don't think I (or anybody here) is qualified to make this call.  I would want to talk to somebody who studies disease trends, especially flu trends (with no political or financial motivations for their opinion), to see what they think of it, and I'm sure that's what the government did, so I will trust them. 
November 2, 2005, 8:22 PM
Charlie
Iago, that is a good point. If politics influence's the doctor that study's it, it would make their study biased. I don't know though, because most doctors do have their own beleifs so it could fall either way still.
November 2, 2005, 8:54 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=iago link=topic=13124.msg132639#msg132639 date=1130962938]

But anyway, I don't think I (or anybody here) is qualified to make this call.  I would want to talk to somebody who studies disease trends, especially flu trends (with no political or financial motivations for their opinion), to see what they think of it, and I'm sure that's what the government did, so I will trust them. 

[/quote]According to the fun article they said that the avian flu can't go person to person (yet), it has to be transmitted by bird.  They are anticipating the possibility that it WILL become contagious between people. 
November 2, 2005, 10:10 PM
iago
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13124.msg132675#msg132675 date=1130969458]
[quote author=iago link=topic=13124.msg132639#msg132639 date=1130962938]

[/quote]According to the fun article they said that the avian flu can't go person to person (yet), it has to be transmitted by bird.  They are anticipating the possibility that it WILL become contagious between people. 
[/quote]

Do you know how the flu virus can mutate to end up person-to-person?  I sure don't.  That's why I'm not going to comment on how possible it is or isn't (or fill out the poll).  It's silly to ask people in a community like this whether or not a virus is going to mutate. 
November 2, 2005, 10:33 PM
CrAz3D
I need to use that against* people that talk about evolution.

*not really against, maybe when talking to them about evolution?...I dunno
November 2, 2005, 10:36 PM

Search