Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Gaming Discussion | Rome Total War

AuthorMessageTime
crankycefx
Hey all,

Does anyone here play Rome: Total war?
If you legitimately own it or just downloaded it...
I'm looking for people to play with.  I've been successfully using Hamachi
to play it with friends online without connecting to the GameSpy network or the manufacturers networks.

Reply to this if you're down..I love this game :)

Cheers
October 27, 2005, 2:16 AM
LW-Falcon
I used to play this so much when it first came out, but after I beat the campaign with both the Julii and Greek cities it got kind of boring. I am looking forward to the expansion for it though :)
October 27, 2005, 10:42 PM
crankycefx
Expansion is amazing.

I own with the Saxons.

Undefeated with them, anyways. :)
October 29, 2005, 6:13 AM
Zakath
Does the expansion fix any of the crippling AI bugs? I stopped playing the game when I found my enjoyment seriously sapped by problems with the campaign AI.
October 30, 2005, 7:28 PM
Invert
I always found it annoying that TW games always have bugs in them that should have been fixed.
October 30, 2005, 7:57 PM
crankycefx
Not really. Unless you have it on the hardest settings, the AI is still crippled.  I'm mowing through campaign on moderate campaign/very hard battle settings.

It is better, but not fixed.

Dude, I want to play multiplayer.  Single player is entertaining, but I love multiplayer.
October 31, 2005, 12:21 AM
hismajesty
I started playing this today. It is not as fun as I thought. The battles are boring, I think, so I generally just have the computer do them (unless it's like really close in numbers/ability.) I'm still on the first part of the Roman part in the Inperial campaign. I ran out of family members to govern the areas which sucks. I don't like the camera stuff and the map is crowded. The computer shouldn't make so many single boats. Grr. Also, I paid my stupid allies to help me attack this town and they didn't do it.
November 5, 2005, 3:25 AM
Zakath
I always played on Very Hard/Very Hard. The big problem was a single bug in the campaign AI processing: every time you loaded the game from a save, the AI apparently forgot all the decisions it had made. It would analyze the map and start all it's strategic decision making from scratch. The result of this is that armies would pull back from invasions and even release cities under siege, then within a couple turns, the computer would decide that it wanted those territories, and it would send those armies right back in where they started. The practical result of all this was the AI nations would have huge armies standing around doing nothing because it never had enough time to do anything with them before it's decision making process was rebooted.

Incidentally, the R:TW patch did wonders for the single boats thing. The AI builds sizable navies and attacks with them once you install it.
November 7, 2005, 7:26 PM
hismajesty
Now, I have too many family members and it's a pain to move them. I know Rome claims you're too powerful at around 25 territories (I have 26) so I'm worried about them attacking me. I also went from $120,000 to < $1000. I've taken over all of Gaul/Spain and I have 1 or 2 German settlements left (they retook one of them.) I captured the Greek capital too, which was cool. I'm considering spreading into Africa soon too.
November 7, 2005, 8:13 PM
LW-Falcon
Take over Rome first :)
November 7, 2005, 9:34 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=13098.msg133111#msg133111 date=1131399297]
Take over Rome first :)
[/quote]

Is that even allowed?
November 7, 2005, 11:15 PM
LW-Falcon
Hell yea
November 8, 2005, 1:11 AM
crankycefx
Fiddle with the settings hM.

You need to edit them in the options at the main menu / outset of the game.

Who wants to play tonight? ^_^
November 8, 2005, 2:35 AM
NocBrute
My brother played the demo, he said it was Very good.
November 16, 2005, 6:39 AM

Search