Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Laptop screen light went off/out

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
Ok, so I had dimmed my screen because it was too bright.  It was plugged in at the time.  When you unplug the power cord the light goes back to the regular setting.  Now, I had my computer sitting there for a while & noticed the screen wouldnt come back on.  After restarting it twice I come to realize that the screen is on, just not the screen light.

Any idea other than a trip to BestBuy on how to fix this awesome problem?
October 24, 2005, 5:42 AM
CrAz3D
Damn Best Buy.  They acknowledged that its most likely the backlight & they said they'd have it back to me in 3 weeks.  At first I thought the guy had said 3 days, which seems more realistic as my dad had his Dell's monitor replaced in 3 days (1 day to get there, 1 day there, 1 day to get back).

FREAKIN A!  3 weeks!?  I have school work & work work I do on that thing, 3 weeks is about 1/6th the time I've even owned the friggin thing
October 24, 2005, 6:26 PM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13090.msg131866#msg131866 date=1130178371]
Damn Best Buy. They acknowledged that its most likely the backlight & they said they'd have it back to me in 3 weeks. At first I thought the guy had said 3 days, which seems more realistic as my dad had his Dell's monitor replaced in 3 days (1 day to get there, 1 day there, 1 day to get back).

FREAKIN A! 3 weeks!? I have school work & work work I do on that thing, 3 weeks is about 1/6th the time I've even owned the friggin thing
[/quote]

That should be a lesson: Be more careful? :P
October 24, 2005, 7:55 PM
CrAz3D
Uhm, by be more careful do you mean don't use my laptop?

The screen went off like normal cause it was sitting, I came back & moved the mouse & it didnt work :(

I called HP, they said they can have it BACK to me in 7 working days tops.  I'm gonna take it in tomorrow afternoon to ship.
October 24, 2005, 9:28 PM
dRAgoN
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=13090.msg131877#msg131877 date=1130189334]
Uhm, by be more careful do you mean don't use my laptop?

The screen went off like normal cause it was sitting, I came back & moved the mouse & it didnt work :(

I called HP, they said they can have it BACK to me in 7 working days tops.  I'm gonna take it in tomorrow afternoon to ship.
[/quote]
One more reason not to buy an hp/compaq.
October 26, 2005, 12:16 AM

Search