Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [RaptorChat] Password Location [Solved]

AuthorMessageTime
Yegg
This seems like the correct location for such a question. Anyways, due to a very abnormal error with my floppy disk, I've lost all important information on it, most of which I cannot get back under any circumstance; which really sucks. One of the bigger problems is that my Battle.net account (Yegg) had its password located in a text document on that floppy. This is because the password is near impossible to remember (or crack). Anyways, I really need this password back. My copy of RaptorChat on my other computer is configured with the username Yegg and its password, the only problem is that RaptorChat stores its data in a very unusual way. It is not located in the registry, and there is only one possible file that could contain it. However this file contains a very strange pattern of certain shift keys. The only other possibility is that the configuration data is stored in some other location on the hard drive. Does anyone else know how RaptorChat stores information, or of a way to view the password behind the **'s?

Update: Never mind, I forgot that RaptorChat uses chat, I can simply packet log it and retrieve my password.
October 9, 2005, 7:15 PM
LoRd
Start -> Search - Find Files or Folders -> All Files and Folders and then set "A word or phrase in the file" to the username that you used.  If it's in a file on your computer, it'll find it.
October 9, 2005, 7:22 PM
Explicit[nK]
Or if he had it registered, he could have gotten it back that way.
October 9, 2005, 7:28 PM

Search