Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | works only once??

AuthorMessageTime
diabl0
i dont know if im getting my ip temp banned, or what the deal is.

this bot works when i try it once.. then wont work again.. until i usually start it on another day. then it works only once again. i dont know if its my bot source code, or if its the servers.... or both!

i thought it was bnls before since it was down... but its back up and the same thing is happening
i tried switching cd keys, that didnt work.
i tried another server besides bnls.. that didnt work. (67.189.101.218 a.k.a. hdx.no-ip.org )
i log on the first time just fine... then i get this for every other attempt

[14:02:18] BNLS: Connecting...
[14:02:18] Connected to BNLS!
[14:02:18] BNLS: Auth Successful!
[14:02:18] Connecting to battle.net...
[14:02:18] Connected!
[14:02:18] BNET: Client version accepted!
[14:02:19] BNLS: Disconnected

keeps saying bnls is disconnecting me.... not bnet.  wtf? why is it doing that?

here is the source
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/richie/bot.html
October 6, 2005, 7:06 PM
Forged
BNLS should disconnect after you  finish the battle.net login
October 6, 2005, 9:12 PM
Explicit[nK]
Your timer is ending the application after x amount of time being connected, so just comment out that piece of code and reconnect.
October 6, 2005, 10:35 PM
diabl0
well i found this in the code

Private Sub csb_JoinedChannel(ByVal ChannelName As String, ByVal Flags As Long, SimulatedEvent As Boolean)
AddText vbGreen, "Joined channel " & ChannelName & " with flags " & Flags
Timer1.Enabled = True
End Sub

i changed it to false like so

Private Sub csb_JoinedChannel(ByVal ChannelName As String, ByVal Flags As Long, SimulatedEvent As Boolean)
AddText vbGreen, "Joined channel " & ChannelName & " with flags " & Flags
Timer1.Enabled = False
End Sub

i dont think the program is ending.. which is what i think the timer does.. so i dont think that was the problem. i want it to end after all.. once it has done the deed. but its not changing the pass like its supposed to do.

like i said i dont know if this is the only problem with the bot.. but it WORKS (once) when i let it sit.. usually a few days
now its not even changing the pass.. (didnt before either except the first time)  im sorry if im a vb noob, lol. its true! i just want to get this damn thing to work!

also thanks guys for the tips.. but its still not working to my (and your) dismay
sorry that im so annoying! but.. im annoyed! i cant get it to run, and im uhh.. begging. yeah thats it
October 7, 2005, 5:30 AM
Explicit[nK]
I don't think you understand what I was getting at. Your timer control's procedure is what's causing you problems.

[code]Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
csb.Disconnect
Timer1.Enabled = False
AddText vbRed, "Disconnected."
End Sub[/code]

This fixes it.
October 7, 2005, 5:43 AM

Search