Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Re: MPQ Files

AuthorMessageTime
PaiD
I started playin with MPQ Files and I was hoping some1 could tell me where the clients store thier icons

WAR3/W3XP
- War3.mpq
STAR/SEXP
-StarDat.mpq
-patch_rt.mpq
W2BN
- ?
D2DV/D2XP
- ?
I know most of the icons will be the same but i just would like to know where they are located.
September 30, 2005, 2:22 AM
UserLoser.
Icons for what exactly?  The product icons shown for users in a channel are downloaded from icons.bni for Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft II while Warcraft III uses icons-war3.bni.  Otherwise, somewhere else in those MPQ files are some other icons
September 30, 2005, 3:20 AM
Topaz
How do you unpack the game files from the MPQ?
September 30, 2005, 6:04 AM
l2k-Shadow
Well I use Total Commander which is the best public file managing program out there IMO. After you download TC, follow directions on this page.
September 30, 2005, 6:06 AM
Ringo
[quote author=Savior link=topic=12938.msg129704#msg129704 date=1128046956]
I started playin with MPQ Files and I was hoping some1 could tell me where the clients store thier icons

WAR3/W3XP
- War3.mpq
STAR/SEXP
-StarDat.mpq
-patch_rt.mpq
W2BN
- ?
D2DV/D2XP
- ?
I know most of the icons will be the same but i just would like to know where they are located.
[/quote]
AFAIK, NB2W Defalt icons are in War2Dat.mpq, RATS/SEXP are in Patch_rt.mpq and LTRD's are in Patch_rt.mpq i think.
VD2D/PX2D icons are in Diablo II/Support/Images/Chars, or you can find the animated gif ones on bnets site somwhere.
Other wise W2/SC/D1 can be found here
September 30, 2005, 3:09 PM

Search