Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | BNLS

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
I'm just wondering how long it took y'all to come up with the BNLS system. It is really quite nice.
May 10, 2003, 5:20 AM
St0rm.iD
Ten to fifteen minutes.
May 10, 2003, 10:21 PM
Eternal
As long as that?
May 14, 2003, 6:37 AM
Spht
[quote author=CrAz3D link=board=2;threadid=1288;start=0#msg9600 date=1052544047]
I'm just wondering how long it took y'all to come up with the BNLS system. It is really quite nice.
[/quote]

Skywing first mentioned BNLS to me about, say, April 13, 2002 at 6:30:44 PM. I believe that was around the time he started working on it (maybe a couple days earlier). The server was hosted on Skywing's system and was not fully functional. I immediately added support for this server in a client I was building at the time. BNLS at the time did not support messages like BNLS_HASHDATA - instead, the new logon system messages, so we were testing with Warcraft III beta. Over the next week (wasn't constant working on it), Skywing fixed several bugs that were found, and I made the first logon with Warcraft III using BNLS (a part of EternalChat's advertising scheme =P).

Now BNLS is hosted on the Valhalla Legends server, 99 unique logon databases (as Yoni mentioned), and lots and lots of logins daily - mainly generated statistically by StealthBot and EternalChat (not offending anybody, this is just what I've been told).
May 14, 2003, 8:03 PM

Search