Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | .NET Platform | [C#]AppendRTB

AuthorMessageTime
Mangix
im making a void to Append Text to a Rich Text Box but im having one problem. i cant set the color.

[code] void AppendRTB(System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox rtb, string text, System.Drawing.Color color)
{
rtb.SelectionStart = rtb.Text.Length;
rtb.SelectionLength = 0;
rtb.SelectedText = text;
rtb.SelectionColor = color;
}[/code]

i've tried using just the color name but it says it doesnt exist. i also tried using Color.colorname which doesnt error but it doesnt change the color. it's still black.

also, how do i make a newline in .NET?
September 17, 2005, 5:07 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Mangix link=topic=12838.msg128500#msg128500 date=1126976860]
im making a void to Append Text to a Rich Text Box but im having one problem. i cant set the color.

[code] void AppendRTB(System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox rtb, string text, System.Drawing.Color color)
{
rtb.SelectionLength = 0;
rtb.SelectedText = text;
rtb.SelectionColor = color;
}[/code]

i've tried using just the color name but it says it doesnt exist. i also tried using Color.colorname which doesnt error but it doesnt change the color. it's still black.

also, how do i make a newline in .NET?
[/quote]
Try selecting the text (by specifying the SelectionLength as text.Length after adding the text?  Otherwise IDK.

Environment.NewLine.
September 17, 2005, 9:13 PM
Mangix
i fixed it somehow. dunno why but the same code now works. weird.

edit:do you know how i can do a perfect Now function? right now im using this code to produce a Time. [code]string tmeNow = DateTime.Now.Hour.ToString() + ":" + DateTime.Now.Minute.ToString() + ":" + DateTime.Now.Second.ToString();[/code] now i dont like this code. sometimes it produces a time value like this.

[quote]12:3:7[/quote]
the real time is 12:30:07 but that's what i want it to show. the zeroes behind it.
September 17, 2005, 11:11 PM
Insolence
That's very easy, if < 10 +=  " ", then tack on the minute(s)/second(s) :)
September 18, 2005, 6:51 AM
Myndfyr
I'm going to throw out a REALLY crazy suggestion...

If you have MSDN documentation, you can see the codes for the DateTime format strings here: ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2004OCT.1033/cpguide/html/cpconcustomdatetimeformatstrings.html (copy-paste that into MSDN document reader)

(This links to October 2004 MSDN, which is the most recent that I had).

How about:
[code]
DateTime.Now.ToString("HH:mm:ss")
[/code]

I've noticed people like to do things the hard way when easy ways to do stuff exist automatically.  :P
September 18, 2005, 9:01 AM
Mangix
dont you mean the MSDN Library? i have the Beta 2 but i cant access it. reason is because it's supposed to be used with VS 2005 products but i uninstalled all of em(cept for SQL Server(i cant get rid of it -_-)). right now the whole library is in weird .hks files(i think). it's also zipped in an archive.

edit:as for the Now, thanks a lot :) oh and just so you know, i dont think i cant use any version of the MSDN Libarary cause i use SharpDevelop :-\
September 19, 2005, 3:31 AM

Search