Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [VB6] Listview Alternative

AuthorMessageTime
LockesRabb
I'm coding a channel list that contains names, game/flag icons, and ping icons. When I performed a search, I came up with Listview, and I immediately started messing around with that. I found out that for one, the listview wasn't formatted (the columns) the way I'd prefer they would be, for two, there wasn't a way to disable the horizional scrollbar AFAICS.

So I'm wondering if there's any alternatives to Listview?

[Edited to avoid double posting]

P.S. Thanks in advance for any input given. :)
September 16, 2005, 6:11 AM
Myndfyr
Custom draw a listbox.

Custom draw your own control period.

I mean, yes, there are plenty of alternatives.
September 16, 2005, 8:22 AM
rabbit
[quote author=Kyro link=topic=12825.msg128325#msg128325 date=1126851100]
I'm coding a channel list that contains names, game/flag icons, and ping icons. When I performed a search, I came up with Listview, and I immediately started messing around with that. I found out that for one, the listview wasn't formatted (the columns) the way I'd prefer they would be, for two, there wasn't a way to disable the horizional scrollbar AFAICS.

So I'm wondering if there's any alternatives to Listview?

[Edited to avoid double posting]

P.S. Thanks in advance for any input given. :)
[/quote]You can change the width to elminiate th horizontal bar.
You can change the formatting style (you probably want lvwReport style).
September 17, 2005, 4:48 AM
LockesRabb
Change the width, how? And its already lvwreport style.
September 17, 2005, 5:08 AM
Topaz
Stretch it?
September 17, 2005, 5:49 AM
LockesRabb
No- i meant automatically... how do i control the width of each column at run time?
September 17, 2005, 6:27 AM
Topaz
I don't think i\you can.
September 17, 2005, 6:32 AM
laurion
off the top of my head
[code]
listview1.columnheaders(1).Width = listview1.width - listview1.columnheaders(2).width - 100
[/code]

this works if say 1 is users and 2 is ping. (I have my ping width set to 475, and this bit of code works for me)
HTH.
September 17, 2005, 1:33 PM
LordNevar
Just right click on it, click properties, and the Column Header Tab, and set it up from there. You can make as many columns as you want for as big as you want the listview, I use mine for icon and ping, that's about it, and it works just fine.
September 17, 2005, 2:14 PM
Topaz
"Runtime"
September 18, 2005, 3:56 AM

Search