Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [VB] Winsock alternative?

AuthorMessageTime
LockesRabb
My winsock senddata buffer keeps overflowing, and it's driving me insane causing my bot to error out and disconnect.

Here's the weird thing: if I open VB, open up the project, execute it-- it doesn't error out. It connects fine, joins channel fine, and chats without a problem.

Then I click disconnect. Then I click Connect. It reconnects, then errors out with a winsock senddata buffer overflow. No matter how many times I retry, it errors out. Even if I quit the program, and reexecute it, still errors out. Now get this: if I quit VB, then reopen VB and the project-- it works fine, until I disconnect and reconnect.

Insane,  no?

So I guess my only assumption is the winsock sendbuffer isn't clearing itself after sending the data- a glitch, perhaps? So I'm asking if you guys know of a winsock alternative I can use in VB, a class, or something-- to see if it is indeed the mswinsock that's faulty, or my code that's faulty.

Thanks in advance for info!
September 14, 2005, 1:57 PM
KkBlazekK
Search CSocket on google.
September 14, 2005, 5:54 PM

Search