Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Re: Please Read..

AuthorMessageTime
David
Ok, here's the deal, I go to a school with a guy, a real nice guy, really quiet, but his family has financial issues. As of right now, this is the 4th month they have been without any kind of power, they live off of cold showers, without heat, and without electricity. In collaberation with my English teacher, we are trying to raise up enough money to get his family's bills caught up as best we can, winter is coming up, and we living in Virgina Beach are the #5 most prone spot to Hurricanes in the U.S., so please, all of you who can donate, please do, every little bit counts.

More information, and the donation link can be found [url]http://www.futilenetworks.com/content.php?content.2[/url]

I want to thank everyone ahead of time, please spread the word, and thank you again.
September 14, 2005, 3:04 AM
Newby
That's awful. I feel bad for him. :/
September 14, 2005, 3:08 AM
peofeoknight
I feel bad for this kid, but I would never donate money over the internet to something that is not backed by a reputable organization (even though these often times have high administrative costs that kill the efficiency). You are more likely to get your funds locally. Good luck, this is a good thing you are doing.
September 14, 2005, 3:41 AM
Topaz
Sell the house and move to a shelter.
September 14, 2005, 4:53 AM
David
[quote]I feel bad for this kid, but I would never donate money over the internet to something that is not backed by a reputable organization (even though these often times have high administrative costs that kill the efficiency). You are more likely to get your funds locally. Good luck, this is a good thing you are doing. [/quote]

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, and it's understandable, and my teacher, who is also a Narcotics Investigator ;x is trying to find some ways to help him. Thanks again to all of you who actually read the post.
September 14, 2005, 12:08 PM
Invert
[quote]
I know some people are going to see this as someone trying to scam money, buts it's really not.
[/quote]

Oh boy, that is so reassuring. Here is all my money!
The only way I see you getting any money (if it’s real) is from people that know him. If you donate money to this over the internet you can just change your real name to Dumb Ass.
September 14, 2005, 3:06 PM
hismajesty
The hurricanes probably aren't gonna hit us too hard David, people were talking about school being closed here tommorow and Friday, yeah right.

Shouldn't your school help him with like food or whatever? Granby does food drives for Thanksgiving and stuff for kids IN the school that are in need. I donated some last year because we got extra credit if we did. :)
September 14, 2005, 6:36 PM
iago
It sucks to be him; however, there are poor people here, too.  In fact, there are poor people everywhere. 

I don't understand financial stuff, but couldn't his family declare bankrupcy, start over, and move on with their life?
September 14, 2005, 7:20 PM
Soul Taker
That would help with any bills they have, but it wouldn't help them get the money to pay for electricity and such.
September 14, 2005, 8:19 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=iago link=topic=12807.msg128116#msg128116 date=1126725642]
It sucks to be him; however, there are poor people here, too. In fact, there are poor people everywhere.

I don't understand financial stuff, but couldn't his family declare bankrupcy, start over, and move on with their life?
[/quote]

Bankruptcy is for rich people. :P
September 14, 2005, 8:30 PM
Newby
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12807.msg128123#msg128123 date=1126729859]
It sucks to be him; however, there are poor people here, too. In fact, there are poor people everywhere.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is now. Now, you have to pay when you declare it! =p
September 14, 2005, 9:37 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Newby link=topic=12807.msg128129#msg128129 date=1126733869]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12807.msg128123#msg128123 date=1126729859]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It is now. Now, you have to pay when you declare it! =p
[/quote]

I told my mom she should buy me a Mercedes and then file bankruptcy so that I didn't have to pay for it. Too bad they've secured it a bit more since too many people were redoing their house, buying nice cars/homes/whatever and then filing.

Actually I need a Cadillac. :)
September 14, 2005, 9:44 PM
peofeoknight
Why not just eat up my tax money through welfare?
September 14, 2005, 9:45 PM
CrAz3D
You're too young for a Caddy, they're nice but an older guy's car.  You need something more sporty, maybe a new Z06.

Anyways, David, sorry to hear about your schoolmate & such.

Slight lol @ qusai-modo, heh
September 14, 2005, 9:46 PM
peofeoknight
No way man, caddy's are nice. Pretty soon I am going to be driving a buick park avenue myself though, an upgrade over the lesabre I drive now. This thing has leather power seats w/ memory and the built in warming and back massage features. It also has passenger side climent control. Plus the back seat is HUUUGGGEEE, and you know what that means! (you can comfortably fit 6 peole in the thing).
September 14, 2005, 9:50 PM
hismajesty
I need a Caddy because I'm a P.I.M.P, all of us gangsters have one.

(I was joking.)

My friend got a Mercedes ML320 though, and I have nothing. She needs to send me some moolah.
September 14, 2005, 9:53 PM
iago
[quote author=Soul Taker link=topic=12807.msg128119#msg128119 date=1126729147]
That would help with any bills they have, but it wouldn't help them get the money to pay for electricity and such.
[/quote]

This may sound like a dumb question, but what about getting a job? :P
September 14, 2005, 10:11 PM
hismajesty
You sound like a Republican.
September 14, 2005, 10:18 PM
Topaz
If their budget is so strained that they can't afford to pay their bills, they might as well sell their house and move into a low income area.
September 14, 2005, 10:22 PM
iago
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12807.msg128141#msg128141 date=1126736281]
[/quote]

I don't side with any political party.  I say what makes sense :P
September 14, 2005, 11:30 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=iago link=topic=12807.msg128154#msg128154 date=1126740655]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12807.msg128141#msg128141 date=1126736281]
[/quote]

I don't side with any political party.  I say what makes sense :P
[/quote]

Same difference.  :P
September 14, 2005, 11:38 PM
peofeoknight
so in a nutt shell he is a republican.
September 15, 2005, 12:11 AM
David
Invert, him, his mother, and father all have jobs, social services apparently denied any help to his family, and yes I realize this goes on more than just around where I am, that's why you have people donating to things like the Red Cross, but see, nobody focuses on the individual, they are not "poor" persay, they just had some rough times and owe the electric company somewhere in the vacinity of $1200.00, which whether you help or not doesn't really affect me any. I'm glad to see the gathering of the minds couldn't come up with something better than:

[quote]This may sound like a dumb question, but what about getting a job?  [/quote]

On a last note, Invert you need to get out more and realize that there is more going on then you may know, I myself, donate $10 out of every paycheck, I get paid every week, which doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up, if you have 100 employees donating $10 per week, that's $1000 per week, $4000 per month, and to assume they don't have jobs is assanine, I'm glad to see how logically you all think.
September 15, 2005, 2:41 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=David link=topic=12807.msg128189#msg128189 date=1126752082]
Invert, him, his mother, and father all have jobs, social services apparently denied any help to his family, and yes I realize this goes on more than just around where I am, that's why you have people donating to things like the Red Cross, but see, nobody focuses on the individual, they are not "poor" persay, they just had some rough times and owe the electric company somewhere in the vacinity of $1200.00, which whether you help or not doesn't really affect me any. I'm glad to see the gathering of the minds couldn't come up with something better than:

[quote]This may sound like a dumb question, but what about getting a job?  [/quote]

On a last note, Invert you need to get out more and realize that there is more going on then you may know, I myself, donate $10 out of every paycheck, I get paid every week, which doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up, if you have 100 employees donating $10 per week, that's $1000 per week, $4000 per month, and to assume they don't have jobs is assanine, I'm glad to see how logically you all think.
[/quote]

Uh, no, actually I think it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask, and I don't believe you adequately addressed it.  What kind of rough times did they have if they have jobs but can't pay their electric bill?  Stop spending your damn money on stupid stuff and take care of your responsibilities.  Furthermore, why did they let their electric bill get so out of control that it's US$1200?  Additionally, there are many kinds of debt-consolidation services available that will help them with their bills; electric companies are interested in getting their money, not shutting off someone's electricity. 

If whether or not he helps doesn't affect you, why are you posting the problem in the first place, and why are you bothering to respond in such a hateful way?

Finally, if you are donating US$10 a week, find 9 other people to do it too.  You'll have the US$1200 electric bill paid off in 3 months.  I'm sure you have 9 friends, or the guy that you're trying to raise money for does.
September 15, 2005, 3:04 AM
JTN Designer
The biggest issue in this topic, is the following:

1) If this is a real case and not a scam, there are several options ANY family of ANY financial class can take to better thier situation.
2) The only people who have grounds to ask for donations under any circumstance, is the the Red Cross.

It's great you want to apply some effort and ask for online donations, but the again what about every other poor person on the internet? Should we all donate to them too? I think not. I'll stick to my realistic points of view and working class ethics and not donate to your cause. Although if indeed it is NOT A SCAM, and this is an actual true story, I send me deepest wishes and the best of luck, but you won;t be seeing any of money especially if it's going to YOUR paypal account (if indeed your using that payment processor, which 99.9% chance you are.)

That is all.
September 15, 2005, 6:06 AM
hismajesty
$1200 isn't very much to be in debt, you made his situation sound much worse.
September 15, 2005, 10:14 AM
Soul Taker
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12807.msg128131#msg128131 date=1126734244]
I told my mom she should buy me a Mercedes and then file bankruptcy so that I didn't have to pay for it. Too bad they've secured it a bit more since too many people were redoing their house, buying nice cars/homes/whatever and then filing.

Actually I need a Cadillac. :)
[/quote]
Being an IRS employee, I can't understand why so many people think like this.  If you declare bankruptcy, your current bills are put aside and you don't have to pay them... But it's temporary.  As soon as you come out of bankruptcy, you have to pay all the bills you had.  The companies aren't just going to eat a massive loss of money.
September 15, 2005, 1:35 PM
Adron
Do people actually get to keep their cars and homes if they file bankruptcy? Over here, you would have to sell your car to pay your bills.
September 15, 2005, 1:47 PM
shout
[quote author=Adron link=topic=12807.msg128221#msg128221 date=1126792071]
Do people actually get to keep their cars and homes if they file bankruptcy? Over here, you would have to sell your car to pay your bills.
[/quote]

Over there the average IQ is higher than 20 :/
September 15, 2005, 1:54 PM
iago
Incidentally, for anybody who goes for this, I have a deal for you that might help you get rich:

[quote]>From The Desk Of:Barr.Frank Omego.
(Omegochambers )
Tel/fax:+234-290629
E-MAIL:omegochambers@yahoo.com
;barri_omego@lawyer.com
Attn:Sir/Ma
I am Barrister Frank Omego. I am the Personal Attorney to Mr.Morris
Thompson an American who unfortunately lost his life in the plane crash
of Alaska Airlines Flight 261 which crashed on January 31 2000,
including his wife and only daughter. You
shall read more about the crash on visiting this website.
http://www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01/alaska.airlines.list/ and
http://www.nativefederation.org/history/people/mThompson.html
Since then I have made several enquiries to his Embassy to locate any
of my clients extended relatives, this has also! proved
unsuccessful.After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to
trace his relatives over the Internet, to locate any member of his
family but of no avail, hence I contacted you for your assistance .
I contacted you to assist in repartrating the money and property left
behind by my client before they get confiscated or declared
unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged with the
UBA BANK PLC.This is the Bank where the deceased had
an account valued at about $7.5million U.S dollars( seven million five
hundred thousand
U.S.America Dollars).

Conseqently,The bank issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or
have the account confiscated within the next fourteen official working
days. since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the relatives for over
3 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of
the deceased since you are not his relative so that the proceeds of
this account ! valued at $7million U.S dollars( seven million
U.S.America D ollars). can be paid to you and
then you and me can share the money. 60% to me and 30% to you,while 10%
should be for expenses or tax as your government may require.We intend
to effect the transfer within a few days from the date of receipt of
the following information:
1)Your full names,
2) companys name,
3) your mailing address
4) telephone and fax numbers,
I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any
claim we may make. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable
us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under
a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the
law.
Please get in touch with me by my email address below or phone to
enable us discuss further and send me your fax and telephone number.
PRIVATE E-MAIL:omegochambers@yahoo.com or barri_omego@lawyer.com
Best regards,
Barr.Frank Omego

[/quote]

Normally I'd do this myself, and get rich, but anybody who wants to can take part!

But seriously, back to the original topic -- what, exactly, does his family do that they don't have money?  My mom's a bartender for less than $9/hour, and we still managed to make ends meet with her and 2 young kids (when I was young).  Is there some reason he can't work?
September 15, 2005, 2:52 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Thats abismal pay. Your mum earns as much as me an hour and im 18!
September 15, 2005, 3:33 PM
David
Honestly, I have no idea how or why they are in debt, and why it is such a high amount, my family, I live with both my parents, and have 2 younger brothers, my dad is an I.C.C in the US Navy, teaches MME ( Micro Miniature Electronics ) and makes a decent amount of money, my mother works at the local commissary working with the markdown and makes right under $14/hr, myself on the other hand works in the produce dept. of a local grocery store making right around $7/hr, we own 5 cars, well one is mine, one is my brothers, and 3 my parents.  And honestly, I didn't expect much donation, and that is not my personal paypal account, that is the account I use to pay for my hosting, and that is the extent of it, I didn't use my personal account, just because of things like that. 

Donating: I figured people who sell names and keys might toss a couple dollars at this since all the money they make off the dumbasses who actually buy that shit, is all profit. But I do appreciate all the wishful thinking.
September 15, 2005, 4:32 PM
Soul Taker
[quote author=Adron link=topic=12807.msg128221#msg128221 date=1126792071]
[/quote]
It depends on who you owe money to.  Owing money to the US Treasury is the worst.  If a case from us goes to our collections department, they sometimes start taking the person's paychecks, and can force them to sell things or sell things themselves at auction to try and get the money.
September 15, 2005, 6:01 PM
hismajesty
[quote], and why it is such a high amount, [/quote]

It's not a high amount though, that's what I can't understand about this situation. It's $1200, that's NOTHING, especially if everyone in the house works.
September 15, 2005, 6:42 PM
Invert
Don't make posts here asking for free money.

I make my own money why can't they? My parents immigrated to the United States in the 80's with nothing and they did something about it. They worked hard and now own a house that is worth over a million US dollars amongst other things. My parents never asked for donations or lived on welfare. They just worked hard. I cant comprehend how living in the United Stated and being poor go together? Why can't someone that was born here do what my parants did?

The poor will always stay poor unless they do something about it. If you ask for free money you are no better than that soiled pants drunk on the corner of the liquor store begging for a dime.

F all those lazy people that are living off my taxes that are on welfare.
September 15, 2005, 8:26 PM
Rule
I think that's a bit extreme.  Although I don't deny a lot of people take advantage of the system, there are many situations where welfare payments are warranted.
September 15, 2005, 9:01 PM
David
Invert, I can almost guarantee everything YOU have is because of your parents. You can talk all you want, and down the less fortunate, but the way I see it, shit happens, and I hope that one day, you will grow up, get out of your little world where you are used to having everything handed to you, and actually do something.  Everything I have, I paid for, this computer, my car, my insurance, my phone, my stereo(s). How much have you actually earned on your own? Without working for someone your parents know, or without using their resources to get to a point where you can make good money? At one point, I was working 2 jobs and going to school, I know what it takes to make money, but I seriously doubt you do, so don't talk down on someone, or a group of people when pricks like you who get everything handed to them, you have no worries.
September 16, 2005, 3:42 AM
JTN Designer
So why justify someone else's cause, Invert is right on alot of levels. Posting on a public forum on a family's behalf is not your place nor; I'm sure they didn't ask you to, so why does it matter. Don't ask for money to be sent to you for their cuase, it's not your place nor responsibility. If they wanted 'Online' help [i]they[/] would have posted it ;) And regardless of the paypal account, you have access to it, so it sounds like a scam, IMO.
September 16, 2005, 4:41 AM
KkBlazekK
Doesn't filing for bankcrupty kill your credit?
September 16, 2005, 4:49 AM
kamakazie
[quote author=JTN Designer link=topic=12807.msg128304#msg128304 date=1126845719]
So why justify someone else's cause, Invert is right on alot of levels. Posting on a public forum on a family's behalf is not your place nor; I'm sure they didn't ask you to, so why does it matter. Don't ask for money to be sent to you for their cuase, it's not your place nor responsibility. If they wanted 'Online' help [i]they[/] would have posted it ;) And regardless of the paypal account, you have access to it, so it sounds like a scam, IMO.
[/quote]

If their electricity is out and they are in debt, how do you expect them to post online?
September 16, 2005, 6:58 AM
Mangix
Public library has comps with internet access
September 16, 2005, 8:01 AM
David
[quote]So why justify someone else's cause, Invert is right on alot of levels. Posting on a public forum on a family's behalf is not your place nor; I'm sure they didn't ask you to, so why does it matter. Don't ask for money to be sent to you for their cuase, it's not your place nor responsibility. If they wanted 'Online' help [i]they[/] would have posted it  And regardless of the paypal account, you have access to it, so it sounds like a scam, IMO.[/quote]

My original post even said some of you might think this is a scam, I could care less. And you say [quote]Don't ask for money to be sent to you for their cuase, it's not your place nor responsibility.[/quote] , so why are we donating to United Way? Or the American Red Cross? I mean, it's not our responsibility to help those in ned of it, pft, they should have packed their houses and started a new life, they should have water and food that isn't contaminated already. And yes, I have access to the account, why would you? You don't know, and can't help them.

[quote]Public library has comps with internet access [/quote] And yes, you are right, but like I posted, he and his family do not know about this, only people who do, are myself, my teacher, and my fiancee.

And as a last note, since I should not be posting this on a public forum, I guess I'll go post it on a private forum so only certain people can read it.
September 16, 2005, 4:40 PM
Invert
[quote author=David link=topic=12807.msg128298#msg128298 date=1126842132]
Invert, I can almost guarantee everything YOU have is because of your parents. You can talk all you want, and down the less fortunate, but the way I see it, shit happens, and I hope that one day, you will grow up, get out of your little world where you are used to having everything handed to you, and actually do something.  Everything I have, I paid for, this computer, my car, my insurance, my phone, my stereo(s). How much have you actually earned on your own? Without working for someone your parents know, or without using their resources to get to a point where you can make good money? At one point, I was working 2 jobs and going to school, I know what it takes to make money, but I seriously doubt you do, so don't talk down on someone, or a group of people when pricks like you who get everything handed to them, you have no worries.
[/quote]

When I was 9-10 (I had my 10th birthday in Italy) my parents were emigrating from the former Soviet Union, we immigrated through Austria and to Italy with very few personal possessions and very little money. In Italy my father had to work 12 hours a day at a construction site hauling stones while my mother sold Russian souvenirs at a flee market so we can have some money for food. When we got to the United States we had nothing.

At age 12 I worked as a paper boy, at age 15 I walked dogs, at age 17 I worked at Jamba Juice, at age 18 I worked as a file clerk at Rochester Big & Tall, at age 19 I worked as a customer support representative at Otto Frei, at age 21 I worked at a .com start up doing content managing, at 22 I worked at Excite.com and at Electronic Arts as an e-commerce development engineer, at 23 I joined the United States Army as an Infantry 11B, served most of my time in 4-23 Stryker Infantry Battalion at Ft. Richardson Alaska while earning the Army commendation and the Army Achievement medals for meritorious service to my country. At 26 I got out of the military. Oh, I forgot to mention that I also went to a private college with a major in computer science and engineering.

I have never received allowance I had to make my own money for things that were not necessities. My parents stopped paying for me at age 18. I bought my own cloths, I took out loans to pay for my college, my books, and everything else I had including my car (with car insurance and registration), my computers, my phone, and my stereo.

I'm still 26; I work at a private company as director of marketing and development without subtracting taxes I make over 80k a year. I have my own place, my own furniture my own television and my own everything!

You are right; everything I have is because of my parents!
My parents gave me a fishing pole instead of a fish. They taught me how to be independent and how to live my life with me in the driver seat. For that I am grateful and I hope I can pass that on to my children in the future.

Shit happens and when it does you won't see me on the corner begging for your money and looking for your sympathy. You will see me do everything I can to get passed that shit and come out on top.

Excuse my little life story here but people like you have no idea what hard is.

If you would come to me and tell me that everything was handed to me with your attitude I would punch you square in the mouth.
September 16, 2005, 5:39 PM
iago
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=12807.msg128309#msg128309 date=1126846182]
Doesn't filing for bankcrupty kill your credit?
[/quote]
Yes.  But it's better than starving. 

Who votes we report this thread to PayPal as a scam? :)
September 16, 2005, 7:13 PM
hismajesty
I agree with Invert, although I haven't been in his situation, my grandfather was.

He grew up poor, his father was a bum, he had like 8 siblings (one was put up for adoption because they couldn't afford him) and no money for extras. My grandfather collected bottles in order to pay for bread, he worked as a paper boy, and cut grass - whatever he could do to support his family. He was in boy scouts, but couldn't afford an alarm clock, so he used his mind - he tied a string to his toe and put it out of the window so when the troop was leaving to go camping, his friends would tug on the string to wake him up.

He never once begged for money, he always worked for it. He didn't ask for others help, but he always offered to help others. His family couldn't even afford shoes for all of the children, they had to them, and even those were full of holes. Pretty much all of my grandfathers siblings are very financially secure, him and his brother (who is a rocket scientist or something like that) are the two better off of the bunch. He (My grandfather) took the military route and became a Master Chief in the Coast Guard, while also doing the Army Reserves. He got into real estate and stock market investing, and now, some 40 years after he got into investing, he can, in his words "afford the best shoe they make." Though, he still wears shoes from Wal-Mart on most occasions.

That's the same reason I hate welfare, people that are GIVEN money just expect it and don't make an effort to better themself. My grandfather attributes his success to the fact that he was dirt poor, it motivated him. I'm sure that's the same for Invert's story as well. Besides, they obviously have enough money to not be on welfare, so what's the problem? Are they making frequent stops at McDonalds or BINGO?

Edit: I know I talk about him a lot, but the story applies so much to the topics here about this. I know that I haven't ever been faced with too hard of times (well, I sort of have, but I was too young to remember it) but I do understand the  concept of money.
September 16, 2005, 7:24 PM
David
You know, the whole "frequent stops at mcdonalds" , they have NO power, therefore unless they have a working grill, or start a bonfire every day, they have no way to cook food, they are either eating everything raw, or making the best of what they can.

-- This topic is done, well, my part in it is.
September 17, 2005, 3:53 AM
hismajesty
Food bank?
September 17, 2005, 4:01 AM
Invert
[quote author=David link=topic=12807.msg128433#msg128433 date=1126929180]
-- This topic is done, well, my part in it is.
[/quote]

Your part is done because you don't make sense and you are asking people for free money.
If you care so much why won't you just invite them into your own home and breast feed them.
September 17, 2005, 6:29 AM
David
Invert, get your 30 year old ass off of BNET. And like I said, what are organizations like the Red Cross, or United Way doing. Looks like I make sense, they are asking for "free money" which is a stupid phrase, call it Donations, there is no such thing as "free money".
September 17, 2005, 2:15 PM
hismajesty
You've failed to tell us how a house with 3 working people can't afford a <$2000 debt. You said they eat out because they don't have electricity...what's electricty cost? I don't know, but it can't be more than $200 a month.

If there's only 3 people, and their meal costs (combined), say, $10, then that's $300 just for dinner (fast food, of course.) What about breakfast and lunch? Are they eating out then too? It'd be much cheaper to pay their electric bill and get microwavable meals, those 69cent personal pizzas, raman noodles, soup, or something along those lines. Dr. Phil ate mustard sandwiches when he was growing up, but at least he ate.

Edit: Why don't you invite them over for dinner, or take them out to dinner, or something like that?
September 17, 2005, 4:49 PM
Invert
[quote author=David link=topic=12807.msg128473#msg128473 date=1126966532]
Invert, get your 30 year old ass off of BNET. And like I said, what are organizations like the Red Cross, or United Way doing. Looks like I make sense, they are asking for "free money" which is a stupid phrase, call it Donations, there is no such thing as "free money".
[/quote]

If you can't count let me help you... I was born in 1979, it's currently 2005.

_ 2005
----------

I am 26 not 30, I need 4 more years to get to that magic number. I'm also wondering where did you get that I was on Battle.net (BNET)? I believe I was 24 last time I was on battle.net, I don't play games there and I don't chat there, I don't even play any blizzard games.

I don't give money to the Red Cross or to Salvation Army I give them food and cloths donations. I give to them at least once a year.

Edit -> Also what is the difference between a "monetary donation" and "free money"?

David, save your self the embarrassment and stop posting.
September 17, 2005, 7:27 PM
K
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12807.msg128497#msg128497 date=1126975792]
You've failed to tell us how a house with 3 working people can't afford a <$2000 debt. You said they eat out because they don't have electricity...what's electricty cost? I don't know, but it can't be more than $200 a month.
[/quote]
Correct.
We have four people (and one guy's freeloader girlfriend who refuses to pay rent or move out) living in our house.  Our September power bill -- that's combined gas and electric -- was $140.
September 17, 2005, 7:30 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
I cant see how people cant wrk themselves out of debt. I hate asking people for things. Since I was 11 I had a morning and evening paper round, as soon as I hit 16 I was working in McDonalds. I bought my PC, Laptop, phone, broadband, luxureys etc. Never ask for anything why do people have to freeload?
September 17, 2005, 7:47 PM
Soul Taker
[quote author=Meh link=topic=12807.msg128508#msg128508 date=1126986425]
I cant see how people cant wrk themselves out of debt. I hate asking people for things. Since I was 11 I had a morning and evening paper round, as soon as I hit 16 I was working in McDonalds. I bought my PC, Laptop, phone, broadband, luxureys etc. Never ask for anything why do people have to freeload?
[/quote]
Not everyone can get normal jobs though.  30 Days showed that many people were only making about $5.50 an hour, no overtime.  Amazingly, though, at least one of the people shown in that particular episode supported 5 children on those wages.  No idea how that worked out though.
September 17, 2005, 10:23 PM
rabbit
Each kid had 1 outfit and rationed 2 cans of dog food per week.

(Obviously I'm lieing.)
September 18, 2005, 12:41 AM
David
Look at it this was Trust, if they are just barely cutting it each month, and one month they get, lets just use $200, $200 behind on bills, next month they have to try and make up that $200, and if they can't they are gradually becoming more in debt, and I've found a new solution which requires no donations out of anyone's pockets, I've made a GoogleAdsense account and just getting as many people as I can to click on my little 125x125 icon, so far it's made almost a dollar!

For those who want to help without giving "Free money" please click on the banner in the bottom left corner of ****
September 18, 2005, 3:45 PM
Arta
If google catch you doing that they'll close your account. You're not allowed to ask people to click on the ads.
September 18, 2005, 3:53 PM
hismajesty
Very true. I did that, but they didn't close my account. However, turns out you have to have tax information to collect the money so I didn't get my $100. :(
September 18, 2005, 4:00 PM
iago
[quote author=David link=topic=12807.msg128585#msg128585 date=1127058327]
Look at it this was Trust, if they are just barely cutting it each month, and one month they get, lets just use $200, $200 behind on bills, next month they have to try and make up that $200, and if they can't they are gradually becoming more in debt, and I've found a new solution which requires no donations out of anyone's pockets, I've made a GoogleAdsense account and just getting as many people as I can to click on my little 125x125 icon, so far it's made almost a dollar!

For those who want to help without giving "Free money" please click on the banner in the bottom left corner of ****
[/quote]

There are companies designed for people with problems like that.  They'll give you a loan to pay the bills, no matter what your credit rating is. 

September 18, 2005, 5:02 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
[quote author=iago link=topic=12807.msg128592#msg128592 date=1127062965]
[quote author=David link=topic=12807.msg128585#msg128585 date=1127058327]

[/quote]

There are companies designed for people with problems like that.  They'll give you a loan to pay the bills, no matter what your credit rating is. 
[/quote]
Then break a finger each day you dont pay.
September 18, 2005, 6:44 PM
rabbit
[quote author=iago link=topic=12807.msg128592#msg128592 date=1127062965]
There are companies designed for people with problems like that.
[/quote]Mafioso*
September 18, 2005, 7:02 PM
Grok
[color=yellow]THIS TYPE OF POST IS FORBIDDEN ON THIS FORUM.[/color]

I am sorry I did not see this post before now.  If Arta is correct, there are over 4 billion people living in poverty in the world.  That sucks, but this forum is not the cure.  Future topics like this will be locked and trashed.  If someone you know needs help, go to where help is given.

Grok has spoken.
September 19, 2005, 3:14 PM

Search