Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Job Offer

AuthorMessageTime
Denial
[quote] I can try to photo copy them the information about this project is extremly big. There are also screen shots how i want the interface to be perhaps you can contact me by phone? There have been alot of applicants and so far i  dont think anyone has every tried to make  the program that I want. I have consulted  a engineer but he says that something like this is going to take about 6 months to even present the beta version.

Let me give you  a  breif description of what kind of program I am seeking I have a big screen tv infront of a  busy roadway and I am advertizing the local stores ads and so forth i havent found a  program to suit my needs the closest i have found is very tidious to handle and is extremely expensive. It doesnt do 80 of what i want so far i have been controlling it by manually playing ad videos at the times elected i need a  program that has a  timed schedule so  a  video automaticly plays at the time assigned and all i have to do is assign the time of the video and it plays it for me with out me having to manually play it it also must have  a video that plays  when the  personal stores ad is not playing the stores temp ad should override the current video so when there is no personal ad playing there is a  video I will assign when no personal ad is playing also i would like it to play common video files nothing special  and if possible print out  a reports for each video and what times it was played, so I have something to present to my consumers I am in extreme need of this program.

I also need to  have  a estimated time of how long its going to take. I am currently running 6 seperate ad screens at diffrent location and this is extremely tiring also if you do this you would be working for the government since i represent my local town on one my my ad screens contact me via phone or email asap .[/quote]

Anyone intrested contact me via email (warroche@hotmail.com) or pm. if choosen everything will be under legal contract. If you know someone that could do this as well let me know.
September 13, 2005, 6:55 PM
Grok
That's a joke right?  Sounds like playing back videos according to a scheduler.  That would take the most incompetent inexperienced programmer 6 months to fine-tune and polish a packaged application to do what was asked.
September 19, 2005, 3:18 PM
Soul Taker
How did you even decipher that?  I counted seven periods in that huge block of text.
September 19, 2005, 8:49 PM
Denial
[quote author=Grok link=topic=12798.msg128679#msg128679 date=1127143136]
That's a joke right?  Sounds like playing back videos according to a scheduler.  That would take the most incompetent inexperienced programmer 6 months to fine-tune and polish a packaged application to do what was asked.
[/quote]

no joke.

[quote][url]http://dinubacommerce.org/Pedro/[/url] i just got it done DONT put my name on the program header i did that as an example and i would like to like to buy the copyright to the program so i am able to use it if i transfer to another job so i can use it over and over again
note here is some more info  all the program does is make a schedule and saves it but it also needs to have  a little more features   at the top right of the screen there has to be  a 160x96 pixels  play back window that shows what is being advertized at the moment also it must have tcp/ip connectivity the interface needs to communicate with the playback program via tcp/ip connection local play back would be nice  800x600 pix or bigger res of interface media formats avi , mpeg, mov, jpg,  exc  program functions interface sends a  schedule file to playback program immediatly and begins playing the new schedule  i hope all this makes sense to you guys call or email me back with info also i want this program to be professional [/quote]

i believe the bidding price is roughly around 5-8K if you need more info ( grok) or proof you can contact me we can talk via phone or anything you wish even a fax is fine.

this is for a friend asking if i knew anyone that could accomplish this. so i figured

Im just quoting what is said. so don't blame me for the grammer.
September 20, 2005, 12:41 AM
jeddaka
maybe you should try learning how to use something like winamp, or windows media player, something that has a playlist.
September 20, 2005, 1:15 AM
laurion
[quote author=jeddaka link=topic=12798.msg128734#msg128734 date=1127178919]
maybe you should try learning how to use something like winamp, or windows media player, something that has a playlist.
[/quote]
[quote]
a video that plays  when the  personal stores ad is not playing the stores temp ad should override the current video so when there is no personal ad playing there is a  video I will assign when no personal ad is playing also i would like it to play common video files nothing special  and if possible print out  a reports for each video and what times it was played
[/quote]
No playlist does that stuff.
September 20, 2005, 1:17 AM
Denial
funny but no like grok said "Sounds like playing back videos according to a scheduler."

so yes if any of you guys know anyone or can do it let me know. as i said it will be contracted as well for the goverment of california so everything will be legal and everything
September 20, 2005, 1:21 AM
rabbit
Start > Settings > Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks
September 21, 2005, 1:50 AM
Denial
thats not funny i think people who are truely intrested should reply.
September 21, 2005, 3:26 AM
dRAgoN
[quote author=Denial link=topic=12798.msg128842#msg128842 date=1127273177]
thats not funny i think people who are truely intrested should reply.
[/quote]

[quote] a big screen tv infront of a  busy roadway [/quote]

I have seen a few of these tv billboards, do they come with some sort of SDK or is it he wants the said program to auto push the buttons on the current software he has when a certain timeframe hits.
September 21, 2005, 4:40 AM
Option
im having a hard time following this persons lack of grammar skills. ask him/her to be more clear and ask not to use abbreviations that one, personally me, would not recognize.
i would be willing to help, if i knew exactly what was needed. (granted i know how to do it)
September 21, 2005, 1:49 PM
Denial
hmm i was sleeping when i typed that let me be more clear for you who can't understand broken english

1) Video Player Software that can play back various formats of video according to a schedule file. All Videos will reside in the system on which this player application is running or in the Local Network connected to the system by TCP/IP. Play back will be done on a DV Output or Composite output, also on a preview window in Playback Software.

2) Schedule Creator Application that will help you to make schedule and Set which video to play at what time. You will specify location of the video in this too. You want to see the preview of the videos in the scheduler application too.

3) Player should be able to take new schedule directly from the schedule file available on the same system or from a Schedule Application using TCP/IP.
September 21, 2005, 3:34 PM
Grok
[quote author=Denial link=topic=12798.msg128872#msg128872 date=1127316872]
hmm i was sleeping when i typed that let me be more clear for you who can't understand broken english

1) Video Player Software that can play back various formats of video according to a schedule file. All Videos will reside in the system on which this player application is running or in the Local Network connected to the system by TCP/IP. Play back will be done on a DV Output or Composite output, also on a preview window in Playback Software.

2) Schedule Creator Application that will help you to make schedule and Set which video to play at what time. You will specify location of the video in this too. You want to see the preview of the videos in the scheduler application too.

3) Player should be able to take new schedule directly from the schedule file available on the same system or from a Schedule Application using TCP/IP.

[/quote]

Post the RFP.  Post the file formats the video, or list their types if standard.  Post the file format of the schedule file.  Describe the last comment, about some application making a schedule available via TCP.
September 21, 2005, 5:24 PM
Myndfyr
OK, Denial, I'll do it.  6 months, it will be done.  4 months I'll have a beta version for you.  US$8,000.  And take your ad off of Rent-A-Coder (I saw it in my e-mail:
[quote] Large Business Project: $5,000(USD) and above

2) playing back videos according to a scheduler

3) Stock Photography/Sound Effects Site[/quote]).

I want a contract though.  Sooner = more money, but time and price are negotiable based on the price I gave.

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=336074
September 22, 2005, 1:28 AM
Denial
as you can tell i posted it on rentacoder.com as well but i posted it here first because there are some people ive known here for some years and i trust better then some random coder from a website.
September 23, 2005, 4:32 AM

Search