Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [PHP] Info for you PHP guys

AuthorMessageTime
LockesRabb
Guess what? This is my 100th post! I just wanted to use that 100th post to tell everybody on bnet vl bot dev forums that I love 'em all, even when occassionally they elect to flame me-- you're all lovable! :-)

To celebrate the 100th post, I'm making my old PHP Bnet Stats checking script available to use. :-)

http://www.doncullen.net/bnetphp.txt

Enjoy- the code will need a bit of updating though :-P
September 11, 2005, 11:09 PM
Insolence
I suggest you make this into a class instead of using global vars.

Also, you may be able to use a little AJAX to only have to connect once.  Or even pass the class multiple usernames to get stats of.
September 12, 2005, 12:17 AM
LockesRabb
Wish I could, I know next to nothing about PHP classes, much less about AJAX. What is AJAX? But as for passing the code multiple usernames to get stats of-- that can be done easily- I had originally coded that function for simply allowing members to get stats upon request, but the code can be easily modified to take on more than a single username.

[Edit: Added more to avoid double-posting]

I'd love to update the code, and even learn to convert it into a class, and even enhance the code to make it more efficent-- but the problem is, my host doesn't allow telnet based connections-- the script worked fine when I last tested it, but I'd rather not risk it by continuing to work on the script and test it constantly whenever I make a change while updating it. My host made it clear that to continue to do so will result in my account being suspended. It's a paid account, and the funds were paid in advance for the year, so I'd much rather avoid an account suspension.

So for the time being, I won't be able to update that particular script.
September 12, 2005, 12:35 AM
Insolence
www.wampserver.com (or google WAMP, I forget the URL :))
Will allow you to setup and test PHP/MySQL on your own local computer, no need for a remote server to restrict you.

www.phpfreaks.com
Learn about classes there.

Good luck and have fun, PHP is a great place to learn OO.
September 12, 2005, 3:25 AM

Search