Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | beginner using csb.ocx would like help

AuthorMessageTime
diabl0
i know theres a tutorial.... i know some people dont like csb users.
i dont know vb

with that said, you can flame, but tell the people something they dont already know....
heres where i am so far...

i have opened vb6 and started a new project as a standard .exe
i placed cleanslatebot2.ocx into my c directory
i typed this into my runbox regsvr32  c:\CleanSlateBot2.ocx and i got the successful message.
i couldnt drag the CH icon but i double clicked it, and i now see "cupheads cleanslatebot ocx" on my form

the tutorial (very small  and incomplete) now says i must do this.
-=- 5.1 Properties                                          -=-
-=-    The OCX has properties that must be set before you  -=-
-=- tell the bot to connect.  These will be explained here.

so.. how do i change the properties? i dont know what to click on, or where they are.

and i will say this in hopes to get some help.. because im sure i will be back asking more questions but...
i appreciate all the work others did to make it easier for a newb to make his own bot.
i would also like to mention that i do not plan on distributing this bot.. or takling credit for others work.

my goal  is to make a finished bot.. that can actually connect to a game!
i simply want to make a bot for myself, that will automule items from one account, to another, and log the items that it mules  to a .txt file or database of some type..

of course i dont have the foggiest on where to start.  but it would be nice to just be able to
login
go through all characters in an account
determine character type (combinations of ladder, hard/soft core and expansion/non-expansion)
create a game in normal difficulty
go to town in act 1
dump inventory, stash, gold, mercs gear if possible (drop on the ground or better yet trade to another bot)
have the second bot create an account,  go to the game,, grab the items (trade or grab off of ground)
log each item the second bot picks up with full statistics (like def/dmg and any/all stats)

i know this is getting way ahead of myself, and i just would like to get the bot to connect to bnet at this moment but... i have been trying to make a bot for sooo long and i have used autoit (www.hiddensoft.com) but its not very reliable as it does not deal with packets.. only mimics keystrokes and mouseclicks plus you have to have d2 installed

but i mean i dont want someone to do the work for me, but on the same hand i dont want to learn everything there is to know about vb6 before i start making this bot.

i would love some source code, tutorials, any help that can be offered to me.
i would especaially like some one on one tutoring possibly through an instant messenger.
i am wanting to make this bot to help me play the game, and im not trying to make a bot for others to download and use, so im not going to be "leaching" anything.

well.. i suppose even with that foreword there will still be flamers so.. flame on i suppose.
ty to those of you who are willing to help a noob who isnt afraid to admit that he is a noob.

so to recap... my CURRENT  question is (because i know there will be many more questions)
properties..  where do i find those? (read above for the properties im referring to)
September 6, 2005, 11:50 PM
LW-Falcon
www.pscode.com has some source codes you could look at, otherwise you should learn the language before attempting to program in it.
September 6, 2005, 11:55 PM
HdxBmx27
What you want to do is IMPOSSIBLE with CSB, Also, it is dammen near impossible if you dont have good know-how of VB (obviously you dont)
To Change/getthe properties of an object, Int he code section type the Oject's name (For example CleanSlateBot1.) and then a period . and it will show you the possible properties for that object.
So if you Wanted to set the UserName of your CSB object to "Hdx" you would Put CleanSlateBot1.UserName = "Hdx"
Ok now for some flaming, Your stupied, You CANNOT makea bot w/o atleast the minimal know-how of VB/C/Cpp/Java  or any other good programming language (No comments about me including VB in that statement guys -.-) Your best bet is to use some bot made by someone smarter at programming then you.
~-~(HDX)~-~
September 7, 2005, 12:00 AM
diabl0
yes i know a little of the language...
but it seems that all tutorials and especially cleanslatebot are aimed towards vb
i know the scripting language autoit extremely well  but i know that doesnt help.

from what i have read even an idiot can make a bot (and alot of them do) using csb
so,  i mean, i pretty much would like help learning vb, but not from a "hello world" standpoint
from a "so you want to make a bot" standpoint

step one.. step  two......
because i have already spent so much time.
i would prefer to make the bot in c++ because i hate using vb thats why i never learned it.
but i have read a few books on c++ and i know how to declare variables and make functions.. all of that. but i dont know how to make a bot at all.

so i would rather have someone say ok type this
connect-battlenet port 6112 or somehting like that,

instead of spending weeks just trying to figure out commands.. screw that. years.
i dont even want to learn vb im just stuck with it because otherwise i will

have to go to college
spend 10 years and alot of money
build a bot for a dead game nobody plays anymore.

im not asking to have the bot built for me although if i had the money i would GLADLY pay someone to code it for me.

however i know time is very valuable but i would still like to be an apprentice if there is anyone willing.
im good at following directions.

i have read tutorials on vb as well... yadda yadda
i know programming, concepts.. but the syntax  and different commands for different languages is killing me.

i could go on forever.. but i have typed too much already.
so without advice on what i should learn (i have learned enough! if i knew it all i wouldnt need help!) please offer help instead.
im not starting from nothing here.. and asking for a handout. im sincerely trying to understand how to make a bot. i have vb6 and i just want to know what i need to do next to make the bot.. not asking how or why a command works or functions....

i need a cigarette!!!!!

properties.. where are those???????????????????????????????
please!

modified ok  the tutorial said properties.
now im jsut reading the tutorial, not writing it.. it never said OBJECT properties

im not stupid, actually.. just ignorant to visual basics.

and why is it impossible, even if i was a vb guru... to make a bot like i described using csb?
September 7, 2005, 12:15 AM
HdxBmx27
It is impossible to do it using CSB because CSB does not allow you to connect to D2GS/D2RS,
If you would actually like to make a bot not using CSB and actually handleing the information yourself I would suggest this.
Add winsock to your VB project (Project->Components->Microsoft winsock control)
Then you add a winsock to your form, then in the code section, have Winsock1.Connect "USwest.battle.net", 6112
There your now trying to connect to uswest
Thent ehre is a _OnConnect sub for Winsock, when that sub fires it means you've successfully connect to the server and are ready to send/recive info.
When this happens you have to send the Protocol byte(Chr$(0)), and SID_AUTH_INFO(0x50)
I suggest you read BnetDocs Including the Login squances and Protocol header Also I would suggest using BNLS so you dont have to worry about doing locl hashing.
~-~(HDX)~-~
September 7, 2005, 12:32 AM
shout
You suck.
September 7, 2005, 12:40 AM
diabl0
i know
September 7, 2005, 12:53 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Shout link=topic=12731.msg127208#msg127208 date=1126053624]
You suck.
[/quote]

C'mon now, we're here to help, :P
diabl0, check your PM's.
September 7, 2005, 1:31 AM
Topaz
Same diabl0 as the Mytob/Zotob author?
September 7, 2005, 1:39 AM
hismajesty
I like this guy, but not enough to read his whole post. His blunt nature is funny though.
September 7, 2005, 9:31 PM
JoeTheOdd
Look diablo, I've programmed in VisualBasic for nearly an entire year before I even attempted a CleanSlateBot, and I'm still taking (and aceing, ok, I shouldn't be talking) classes on the language. I really hate to say this to an ambitious programmer, but slow down.
September 7, 2005, 9:38 PM
LivedKrad
JOE[X86] ACeD HeeZ L3ET HArD vB CLaSsEs! TAkE tHE aDVIcE THe L33T JOE[X86] GIvEs YoU D-EyE-aBlO: SLoWz DoWN Yo!!!!111
September 7, 2005, 10:11 PM
JoeTheOdd
W3rd.
September 7, 2005, 10:15 PM
Topaz
Krad: You suck at life.

diabl0: If you're so ambitious to learn the language and code a bot, avoid using CSB. It'll just cripple you in the long run.
September 7, 2005, 10:22 PM
Yegg
[quote author=daRktYpE link=topic=12731.msg127328#msg127328 date=1126131734]
Krad: You suck at life.

diabl0: If you're so ambitious to learn the language and code a bot, avoid using CSB. It'll just cripple you in the long run.
[/quote]
I disagree. For an absolute beginner to the world of Battle.net programming, CSB would help them understand much more than they already know.
September 7, 2005, 11:13 PM
bethra
Damn, I thought the tutorial was enough... I mean it took me 30 minutes to start up using CSB.  >_<

The hard part was not using CSB.  Once I had the concept of packets and how they are sent and recieved using a packet buffer and stuff... everything else was just learning the language further more.
September 9, 2005, 2:21 PM

Search