Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Is there an easy way to install Java VM?

AuthorMessageTime
MrRaza
I've tried a few sites to get some information, mainly google and microsoft, aswell as Sun. When I try to install what is given to me, I get error's or it fails, or I need an older version to install ontop of. What I'm asking for is this, can someone give me a step by step guild to installing Java VM, without any fuss. Please, people who know what they're talking about only reply.

Thank you.
September 5, 2005, 9:30 PM
Kp
[quote author=MrRaza link=topic=12719.msg126977#msg126977 date=1125955855]Please, people who know what they're talking about only reply.[/quote]

So the informed people can only reply, but not make new posts?  That seems like rather a strange request.  I really don't see what's hard about getting a JVM installed though.  It's just ./configure && make && make install from the gcc root directory (after unpacking the appropriate add-on to get gcj).  Is there some particular failure you're trying to resolve?
September 5, 2005, 10:14 PM
MrRaza
Thank you, solved.
September 5, 2005, 11:07 PM
iago
On debian/fedora/other rpm-based distros:
apt-get --install java

On slackware:
slapt-get --install java

(of course, you need to install slapt-get first)

Alternatively, you can download the .rpm from Sun's site, and install it like a normal rpm. 

Or, on Slackware, use rpm2tgz, then installpkg on the .tgz. 
September 6, 2005, 7:25 PM

Search