AuthorMessageTime
UserLoser.
http://simcityneworleans.ytmnd.com/
September 4, 2005, 11:55 PM
Twix
funny but mean
September 5, 2005, 12:17 AM
KkBlazekK
I love that game, I didn't even know how to play for almost a month of playing it... :P
September 5, 2005, 12:31 AM
QwertyMonster
Lol! Thats funny, but very mean. :P
September 5, 2005, 10:22 AM
Trance
Ah good ol' sim city 2000... I still play sim city 4 every now and then, great game to kill time with .. too bad sim city 4 doesn't believen disasters like 2000 did.
September 5, 2005, 7:37 PM
UserLoser.
http://katvsnew.ytmnd.com/
September 6, 2005, 12:20 AM
Mangix
ROFLLMAO
September 6, 2005, 12:58 AM
Newby
If you truly find this funny, I hope your state is hit by some huge natural disaster and left completely wrecked so that you can be the butt end of cruel jokes for a good year or so.

This is not funny; this is downright offensive. Do you think those people could help the fact that the hurricane hit them?

(As in, stop it from flooding their state?)
September 6, 2005, 2:15 AM
HdxBmx27
[quote author=Newby link=topic=12713.msg127022#msg127022 date=1125972927]
If you truly find this funny, I hope your state is hit by some huge natural disaster and left completely wrecked so that you can be the butt end of cruel jokes for a good year or so.

This is not funny; this is downright offensive. Do you think those people could help the fact that the hurricane hit them?

[/quote]
I hope my state gets hit by a desaster to!
thad be awsome.
I'd be the guy sittin on the roof with a fishing pole, 2 2-liters of Mt. Dew, and a fishing net!
The thing is, they had like 2~ weeks warning for the hurricane, that is PLUNTY time for them to get EVERYTHING valuble out of there houses,
it only takes 3 days to drive across the eintire country (i've done it) there is NO reason people should of died/lost so much. It's there own fucking fault. Yes, there nothing you can do about houses, but thats what you have insurance for!
~-~(HDX)~-~
September 6, 2005, 2:34 AM
LW-Falcon
Yea its there fault for not taking it seriously and staying in New Orleans, but its not right to laugh at them for it...
September 6, 2005, 2:40 AM
Mangix
[quote author=Newby link=topic=12713.msg127022#msg127022 date=1125972927]

[/quote]
UL's second link is funny.
September 6, 2005, 3:09 AM
UserLoser.
Oh why do we have Bush?
September 6, 2005, 3:21 AM
Mangix
LMAO
September 6, 2005, 5:05 AM
Newby
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=12713.msg127026#msg127026 date=1125974422]
Yea its there fault for not taking it seriously and staying in New Orleans, but its not right to laugh at them for it...
[/quote]

The original post made fun of the fact that New Orleans is underwater.

It never made fun of the fact that people stayed there.

I hope your city is buried in 25 feet of water. I would love to see how you'd take to losing your house.
September 6, 2005, 6:03 AM
Mangix
[quote author=HdxBmx27 link=topic=12713.msg127024#msg127024 date=1125974061]
The thing is, they had like 2~ weeks warning for the hurricane, that is PLUNTY time for them to get EVERYTHING valuble out of there houses,
it only takes 3 days to drive across the eintire country (i've done it) there is NO reason people should of died/lost so much. It's there own fucking fault. Yes, there nothing you can do about houses, but thats what you have insurance for![/quote]

rofl get your facts straight. Katrina wasnt supposed to hit New Orleans. it was supposed to go near Florida and then back into the ocean. but it went into the Gulf of Mexico and pretty much fucked up New Orleans. The real truth is that the people had ~2 days not 2 weeks to evacuate. that is NOT plunty of time to get everything and evacuate. you should search wikipedia more often :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina

edit:@Newby: i believe that there were plenty of articles that had already predicted that Katrina would happen. PBS's show Nova had an episode about the hurricanes(i watched it online) and it did involve the conspiracy that is Katrina. According to my dad, The Smart people went out of the state before the hurricane arrived and stayed at a hotel or a friend's house and watched TV when it happened. The Dumb people stayed there cause they didnt read newspapers so they didnt know that this could have happened. then again there is the fact that the federal goverment cant mess with the local goverment and that delayed a lot of stuff :P
September 6, 2005, 7:33 AM
hismajesty
True, they should have left. But New Orleans is 67.3% black, and has a lot of poverty, so not everyone could afford to leave - though, many were able and didn't.

Even if they had left though, they'd still have lost their houses/things - they can't help that, there's only so much you can fit into a car.

And yeah, as Mangix said, they had two days to evacuate. For two reasons: 1) it wasn't supposed to be so strong and 2) the eye wasn't supposed to hit there.
September 6, 2005, 10:07 AM
QwertyMonster
LOL at those links!

But yeah i do feel sorry for those people.
September 6, 2005, 10:21 AM
Newby
Mangix, did you even read my post?

I am NOT talking about the people. I am talking about their homes.
September 6, 2005, 1:08 PM
Adron
Actually, if they had 48 hours to get out, they should have been able to move a pretty good distance. And that even if they carried water and dried food for a couple of days on their backs. It is probably more a matter of thinking "It won't happen to me" even though they had been warned.

Of course, the sick and elderly should have been evacuated. Why the government did not take care of that, I do not understand. Ultimately I suppose you will have to blame the leader of the country for the insufficient government response. The ultimate power to take action in emergencies, and the ultimate skill at avoiding admitting responsibility when the wrong action or no action is taken.

September 6, 2005, 3:45 PM
hismajesty
It was the responsibility of the local government, Adron.
September 6, 2005, 7:23 PM
LW-Falcon
[quote author=Newby link=topic=12713.msg127049#msg127049 date=1125986631]
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=12713.msg127026#msg127026 date=1125974422]
[/quote]

The original post made fun of the fact that New Orleans is underwater.

It never made fun of the fact that people stayed there.

I hope your city is buried in 25 feet of water. I would love to see how you'd take to losing your house.
[/quote]
Except I was replying to Hdx's reply, not to the original post.
September 6, 2005, 8:23 PM
Adron
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12713.msg127114#msg127114 date=1126034586]
It was the responsibility of the local government, Adron.
[/quote]

Aren't natural disasters of that magnitude a national responsibility? It seems to me like it is a bit too much for the local government to handle.
September 6, 2005, 8:42 PM
hismajesty
You can't expect the national government to be able to deploy the proper people in that amount of time (obviously, less than a day.) The local government is supposed to (and they did) have plans already set out, and they were prepared to move out because they knew it was possible it was hit (plus, with it being low area, they already had generic plans for these types of events.) The local government knew the area would flood, the levy's would break, etc. They just didn't anticipate that many people to be trapped, or that amount of damage to be done.

The national government could not have helped much more, and it was the local governments job to handle it until FEMA, Red Cross, etc. could act.
September 6, 2005, 8:52 PM
Mangix
didnt bush declare a state of emergency 48 hours before hurricane katrina hit? according to my dad, the federal goverment could not mess with the local goverment so they spent all the time arguing :P. ok it's not exactly what he said but it's pretty close.
September 6, 2005, 9:09 PM
kamakazie
It seems like the national response to 9/11 was much faster than the response to Katrina? The president and all his goons are certainly capable of responding quickly.
September 6, 2005, 9:25 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=dxoigmn link=topic=12713.msg127131#msg127131 date=1126041942]
It seems like the national response to 9/11 was much faster than the response to Katrina? The president and all his goons are certainly capable of responding quickly.
[/quote]

Local government agencies (NYPD, for example) handled that until Federal services could step in. Besides, that's a lot different, seeing the hurricane was hardly a terrorist attack.
September 6, 2005, 9:50 PM
Topaz
If they can afford a small apartment, they can afford to use their savings and get their asses out. This happens every 60/70 years, they should have wised up by now.
September 6, 2005, 10:32 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=daRktYpE link=topic=12713.msg127156#msg127156 date=1126045945]
If they can afford a small apartment, they can afford to use their savings and get their asses out. This happens every 60/70 years, they should have wised up by now.
[/quote]

Savings? A small percentage of Americans save.

In fact, most americans are only 1-2 paychecks away from being homeless (meaning, they could only survive about two weeks without pay.)
September 6, 2005, 10:51 PM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12713.msg127161#msg127161 date=1126047072]
Savings? A small percentage of Americans save.

In fact, most americans are only 1-2 paychecks away from being homeless (meaning, they could only survive about two weeks without pay.)
[/quote]

Really? Can you provide me with a link? Because I didn't know that. :-\
September 6, 2005, 10:54 PM
hismajesty
No, I can't. I saw it on the news a few months ago, sorry.
September 6, 2005, 11:20 PM
Explicit[nK]
It's alright; that's just something I find hard to grasp.
September 7, 2005, 1:48 AM
Topaz
Probably saw it on FOX, which is oh-so-unreliable.

Many people do live day-by-day because of low income, but middle-class citizens tend to save money.
September 7, 2005, 3:26 AM
hismajesty
It was local news, iirc.
September 7, 2005, 9:49 AM
LW-Falcon
Use the edit button -_-
September 8, 2005, 5:47 AM

Search