Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [vB6] Need a base d2 connection.

AuthorMessageTime
Fr0z3N
Hi, I haven't been programming in awhile and I wanna start getting into some things right now but it seems pointless to write the connection that everyones written again. So all I need it a core connection that will connect hashed to diablo2/lod. Thanks alot.
August 25, 2005, 1:49 AM
KkBlazekK
Fix your title.
August 25, 2005, 1:58 AM
Fr0z3N
What's wrong with it?
August 25, 2005, 2:01 AM
HdxBmx27
You want us to give you the code for the (almost) most difficult part of creating a Bnet bot? How about you use jsut CSB is you are just gona lech.
~-~(HDX)~-~
August 25, 2005, 2:13 AM
laurion
ALRIGHT, I guess I'll help him.
Now, be grateful!
[code]
winsock1.connect "useast.battle.net", 6112
[/code]
you owe me one man.
August 25, 2005, 2:44 AM
PiaNKA
[quote author=i8tweety link=topic=12612.msg125333#msg125333 date=1124934573]
So all I need it a core connection that will connect hashed to diablo2/lod. Thanks alot.
[/quote]

Perhaps you misread his post?
August 25, 2005, 3:05 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Hi, I haven't been programming in awhile and I wanna start getting into some things right now but it seems pointless to write the connection that everyones written again. So all I need it a core connection that will connect hashed to diablo2/lod. Thanks alot.
[/quote]If you can make Feanor's TCPConnection class un-suck, it might work still maybe....Anyways, why don't you just write your own like everyone else who has any skill has done?  It's really not to hard when you use something like BnetDocs in junction with a reference forum and a place to ask questions.
August 25, 2005, 3:28 AM
JoeTheOdd
Read the VB6 programming forum guidelines. Grok's going to kill you, because you called it vB.
August 25, 2005, 4:44 AM
Fr0z3N
[quote author=PiaNKA link=topic=12612.msg125344#msg125344 date=1124939105]
So all I need it a core connection that will connect hashed to diablo2/lod. Thanks alot.
[/quote]

Perhaps you misread his post?
[/quote]

Thanks Ricky.

Too everyone else, I've written it about 10 times, its a waist of time when everyone has it thats why I'm asking.
August 25, 2005, 4:52 AM
l2k-Shadow
Yeah, so since everyone has done it, and you want to be a nub and leech code, then by all means download an open source and rip it's connection.  There are plenty of open sources which may connect to d2/d2 LoD client through a locally hashed connection.  Now if you cannot rip the connection from an open source, then don't even think about writing your own..

Now, on the other hand, if you ARE skillful enough to understand winsock and the Battle.net packets then write your connection.  There are public hashing libraries which you may freely use for the hashing functions (I suggest BNCSUtil which is open source and has a Visual Basic example source written by the author).

Now I recommend you use suggestion #2 because it is simply more mature and probably will be more stable and you will be able to always understand your code more than anyone else's. If you cannot work with either of these suggestions then go use CSB.
August 25, 2005, 6:00 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
[quote author=i8tweety link=topic=12612.msg125356#msg125356 date=1124945562]
Too everyone else, I've written it about 10 times, its a waist of time when everyone has it thats why I'm asking.
[/quote]Then why not use one of the ten you've already written?
August 25, 2005, 6:24 AM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=12612.msg125352#msg125352 date=1124945081]
Read the VB6 programming forum guidelines. Grok's going to kill you, because you called it vB.
[/quote]
See my post.

On topic:  Nobody here supports csb (Maybe zorm does... *shrug*) but if its that or leaching, take that or don't do it.

There is a stickied post in this forum that has links to everything you'd need to know to make a bot.
August 25, 2005, 6:25 AM
QwertyMonster
here

Thanks to Ringo for that.
August 25, 2005, 11:30 AM
Networks
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=12612.msg125361#msg125361 date=1124949615]
Yeah, so since everyone has done it, and you want to be a nub and leech code, then by all means download an open source and rip it's connection.  There are plenty of open sources which may connect to d2/d2 LoD client through a locally hashed connection.  Now if you cannot rip the connection from an open source, then don't even think about writing your own..

Now, on the other hand, if you ARE skillful enough to understand winsock and the Battle.net packets then write your connection.  There are public hashing libraries which you may freely use for the hashing functions (I suggest BNCSUtil which is open source and has a Visual Basic example source written by the author).

Now I recommend you use suggestion #2 because it is simply more mature and probably will be more stable and you will be able to always understand your code more than anyone else's. If you cannot work with either of these suggestions then go use CSB.
[/quote]

This coming from the guy that makes crappy leeched bots to begin with. -.-

If you wish to argue with me:
[quote]
There are plenty of open sources which may connect to d2/d2 LoD client through a locally hashed connection.  Now if you cannot rip the connection from an open source, then don't even think about writing your own..
[/quote]

I believe your shitty ass bot's source got leaked and is throughly leeched.
August 25, 2005, 2:00 PM
Yegg
Blaze: I support CSB. :)

Anyways, it's always better to write your own connection method. This way you will actually understand what is going on.
August 25, 2005, 3:06 PM
Quarantine
[quote author=Networks link=topic=12612.msg125383#msg125383 date=1124978449]
Yeah, so since everyone has done it, and you want to be a nub and leech code, then by all means download an open source and rip it's connection. There are plenty of open sources which may connect to d2/d2 LoD client through a locally hashed connection. Now if you cannot rip the connection from an open source, then don't even think about writing your own..

Now, on the other hand, if you ARE skillful enough to understand winsock and the Battle.net packets then write your connection. There are public hashing libraries which you may freely use for the hashing functions (I suggest BNCSUtil which is open source and has a Visual Basic example source written by the author).

[/quote]

If you wish to argue with me:
[quote]
There are plenty of open sources which may connect to d2/d2 LoD client through a locally hashed connection. Now if you cannot rip the connection from an open source, then don't even think about writing your own..
[/quote]

[/quote]

DAMN! You beat me to it!
Anyway yea, don't worry dude just dive into it. I'm sure if people see you putting some thought into your own implementation they will help you with any obstacles you may face.

Good luck.
August 25, 2005, 3:19 PM
Topaz
I don't have any links for you, but the login sequences for W2BN/STAR-SEXP/D2DV are nearly identical. The only real difference is the verbyte and product sending. If you can find an open source bot with STAR hashing, you've got what you're looking for.

Note that adding D2XP requires a little work, you can refer to BnetDocs for help with that.
August 25, 2005, 10:42 PM
QwertyMonster
[quote author=QwertyMonster link=topic=12612.msg125375#msg125375 date=1124969437]
here

Thanks to Ringo for that.
[/quote]

August 25, 2005, 11:02 PM
l2k-Shadow

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bot got leaked because I gave it to the wrong person. The source is not leeched, apparently you are a complete nub since you cannot see that the source is not comparable to any other bot source out there. Oh and btw the reason "It uses same sub names" is not acceptable. Also I do not understand the leaker's moronic thinking. I was not trojaned for the source, or anything of that source.. I gave it out.. so why the fuck would I leave a backdoor inside it? You are just one immature idiot who will never succeed in life.
August 26, 2005, 1:11 AM
Insolence
Shadow, you're not making the situation any better with posts like that.
------------------
To contribute to the actual thread, I don't see much reason for someone to learn the VERY back-end of something like a bot.  They need to learn string parsing, and that's about it.  They don't have to learn what's going on in the background (that's why you're using VB anyway, right?) to get it working/have fun.
August 26, 2005, 10:40 AM
Quarantine
Yea, use CopyMemory and Mid() and stuff. Easy.
August 27, 2005, 2:51 AM
Networks
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=12612.msg125485#msg125485 date=1125018690]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bot got leaked because I gave it to the wrong person. The source is not leeched, apparently you are a complete nub since you cannot see that the source is not comparable to any other bot source out there. Oh and btw the reason "It uses same sub names" is not acceptable. Also I do not understand the leaker's moronic thinking. I was not trojaned for the source, or anything of that source.. I gave it out.. so why the fuck would I leave a backdoor inside it? You are just one immature idiot who will never succeed in life.
[/quote]

I commend you for being able to leech unnoticably. From what I've seen, people have a certain skill level in there coding. When you reach bot development you would think some people have the ability to code semi-neatly especially when they do not leech. I think it's rather sophisticated programming to be able to get a bot to connect to battle.net through a product like Warcraft III or Starcraft. You really have to learn a lot. Your code in that bot does not exhibit efficient or neat coding whatsoever.

Also something I've noticed with leechers. Leechers have the tendency to copy and paste correct? You're coding fluctuates between indented coding and non-indented coding. Either you got better over time or you copied and pasted and wrote some of your code.
August 28, 2005, 5:36 PM
Quarantine
With all the new advancements in BotDev anyone with fairly decent knowledge of the programming language can connect to battle.net (BNCSUtil, BNLS, BNLSRipoffs, etc..).
August 28, 2005, 5:41 PM
Networks
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=12612.msg125795#msg125795 date=1125250882]
With all the new advancements in BotDev anyone with fairly decent knowledge of the programming language can connect to battle.net (BNCSUtil, BNLS, BNLSRipoffs, etc..).

[/quote]

Oh shut up, you probably had more experience when you were working with CSB then Shadow did with his binary bot. You only say that now because you're experienced.
August 28, 2005, 10:21 PM
Quarantine
True, true. I still see it as easy and me overcomplicating things while I wrote my first binary bot.
August 28, 2005, 10:40 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
tweety hasn't come back....just let this die.........
August 29, 2005, 5:04 AM
NetNX
[quote author=Networks link=topic=12612.msg125793#msg125793 date=1125250603]
[quote author=l2k-Shadow link=topic=12612.msg125485#msg125485 date=1125018690]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I commend you for being able to leech unnoticably. From what I've seen, people have a certain skill level in there coding. When you reach bot development you would think some people have the ability to code semi-neatly especially when they do not leech. I think it's rather sophisticated programming to be able to get a bot to connect to battle.net through a product like Warcraft III or Starcraft. You really have to learn a lot. Your code in that bot does not exhibit efficient or neat coding whatsoever.

Also something I've noticed with leechers. Leechers have the tendency to copy and paste correct? You're coding fluctuates between indented coding and non-indented coding. Either you got better over time or you copied and pasted and wrote some of your code.
[/quote]

Can we see your first bot's code?
August 30, 2005, 1:41 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=NetNX link=topic=12612.msg126018#msg126018 date=1125366093]
[/quote]
Does he even have a bot?  He has a point, and whether or not you call him a hypocrite is irrelevant.  What he says is true.

I hate it when people wait all the way until the end of the freeway exit to move over into the exit lane.  That doesn't mean I never do it -- I try not to, but sometimes it's unavoidable.  I've incorporated pieces of other people's work into my projects (I've used a BigInteger class and a PropertyBag class for various reasons in various places).  It's not a mortal sin to copy code.  It is to do it and then expect everyone else to babysit that code for him.  (OK, maybe not a *mortal sin*, but close!
August 30, 2005, 1:51 AM
NetNX
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=12612.msg126021#msg126021 date=1125366693]
[/quote]
Does he even have a bot?  He has a point, and whether or not you call him a hypocrite is irrelevant.  What he says is true.

I hate it when people wait all the way until the end of the freeway exit to move over into the exit lane.  That doesn't mean I never do it -- I try not to, but sometimes it's unavoidable.  I've incorporated pieces of other people's work into my projects (I've used a BigInteger class and a PropertyBag class for various reasons in various places).  It's not a mortal sin to copy code.  It is to do it and then expect everyone else to babysit that code for him.  (OK, maybe not a *mortal sin*, but close!
[/quote]

I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to situatations like this "remembers the nls.dll incident **shivers**" I personally would rip anyone off aslong as i saw proper need to do so. I guess im a sinner but I always give credit... What I find is that most good programers use other peoples sources to better understand what they do and/or they belive the source if rewritten wouldnt be much diffrent or better then the original source... As for Mr. l2k-Shadow, someone I program with frequently he wont even let me help him sometimes because he would much rather sit there and try and figure it out himself. So saying hes a source stealer dosen't make very much sence... So do you have any proof?
September 1, 2005, 1:31 AM
BaDDBLooD
[quote author=NetNX link=topic=12612.msg126381#msg126381 date=1125538271]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to situatations like this "remembers the nls.dll incident **shivers**" I personally would rip anyone off aslong as i saw proper need to do so. I guess im a sinner but I always give credit... What I find is that most good programers use other peoples sources to better understand what they do and/or they belive the source if rewritten wouldnt be much diffrent or better then the original source... As for Mr. l2k-Shadow, someone I program with frequently he wont even let me help him sometimes because he would much rather sit there and try and figure it out himself. So saying hes a source stealer dosen't make very much sence... So do you have any proof?
[/quote]

This *BELONGS* in a private message.  This also belongs in a private message, but i want it as a example of what a private message should consist of.
September 2, 2005, 4:11 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=topic=12612.msg126600#msg126600 date=1125634312]
This *BELONGS* in a private message.  This also belongs in a private message, but i want it as a example of what a private message should consist of.
[/quote]
Why?
September 2, 2005, 7:26 AM
NetNX
[quote author=BaDDBLooD link=topic=12612.msg126600#msg126600 date=1125634312]
[quote author=NetNX link=topic=12612.msg126381#msg126381 date=1125538271]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Nobody loves you.
September 2, 2005, 2:48 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
LET IT DIE
September 5, 2005, 4:32 PM

Search