Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Spht's Forum | Re: Failed to Initiate

AuthorMessageTime
simpleviet
I download everything that was required for the Spht bot to work and made sure that I ment the requirements.

SphtBotv3 requires an operating system with a NT kernel (Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP/Server 2003/Longhorn).
    * Visual Basic 6 runtimes
    * To install the following, simply extract them to your Windows \System32\ directory.
    * MSCOMCTL (Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 SP4)
    * RICHTX32 (Microsoft Rich Textbox Control 6.0)
    * Visual C++ 7 runtimes

I placed the MSCOMCTL, RICHTX32 and both files from Visual C++ 7 runtimes into where the bot files are. In the end, it says "Failed to Initiate". What can I do to get it working?
August 23, 2005, 11:31 PM
Mangix
it coudlnt have said only failed to initiate. what else?
August 24, 2005, 1:39 AM
simpleviet
It says " Failed to initalize (Error 7:1000007) Exception caught in Sphtbotv3 (0) Out of memory. I'm not sure what that means.. If it talks about ram.. I have 1 GB of ram.
August 24, 2005, 2:47 AM
Topaz
Your computer needs more RAM.
August 24, 2005, 8:30 AM
Mangix
lol if you really have 1GB memory, then this is hillarious as shit. all your other programs must be using all of your 1GB memory :P
August 24, 2005, 11:24 AM
Myndfyr
Mangix, when you understand how Windows assigns RAM, come back.  Every program running under Windows has access to a full 4 gb of virtual memory, whether or not the system has it physically.
August 24, 2005, 4:05 PM
PaiD
MyndFyre: :o I didnt know that, But how is that possible if the user doesnt have 4gbs?
August 24, 2005, 4:31 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Savior link=topic=12600.msg125232#msg125232 date=1124901104]
MyndFyre: :o I didnt know that, But how is that possible if the user doesnt have 4gbs?
[/quote]

It's been that way since the 386 enabled virtual memory.

(I want to point out that user-mode address space is actually 2gb in Win32 unless you tack on the /3GB switch in your boot.ini file; in 64-bit Windows, it is 8tb.  But this is still true even if you have only 256mb of physical RAM).
August 24, 2005, 5:10 PM
PaiD
Wow so i have up to 6 tds >.< How big is 1 tb?
August 24, 2005, 5:44 PM
Quarantine
This is done by using swap files which can be saved to the HD and by using a smaller storage space to represent bigger sections of memory, by providing them with rulesets for protection (present/not present, user/supervisor, global/non global, dirty/non dirty, etc..) you can access a full virtual 4GB to make processes appear to be alone in the kernel and whenever you address virtual memory marked as non present you generate a pagefault which usually triggers a new page to be selected from the disk and marked as present.

This is straight off of my head, not at home so can't view the intel docs to verify it down to the last word but that's a rough idea.

Using this it is possible to put your kernel at the 3GB mark and leave anything under 3GB to programs (provided you map the entire kernel into the processes address space)
August 24, 2005, 5:52 PM
Topaz
tb = 1000 gigabytes
August 24, 2005, 6:01 PM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=12600.msg125242#msg125242 date=1124906474]
tb = 1000 gigabytes
[/quote]
1024, unless we are talking about decimal bytes...
August 24, 2005, 6:23 PM
simpleviet
well none of my programs are using up my 1gb...I have 23 processes and it uses up to 98.8mb that leaves a big gab =D. Plus I am so curious about this 3gb memory..... How will I be able to open it up to have the vast amount of ram? Unless it is already enabled....  ;) For failed initiation...Thats absurd --" So what do I have to do to get this bot working?
August 24, 2005, 11:31 PM
simpleviet
NM I think it is already enabled. Somehow my computer printed some information about this computer and it states that.... Total Physical Memory - 512.00MB Available Physical Memory 925.2 MB Total Virtual Memory 2.92GB Available Virtual Memory 2.74GB Not sure... Suddenly my computer printed this random crap..
August 24, 2005, 11:46 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=simpleviet link=topic=12600.msg125301#msg125301 date=1124926262]
well none of my programs are using up my 1gb...I have 23 processes and it uses up to 98.8mb that leaves a big gab =D. Plus I am so curious about this 3gb memory..... How will I be able to open it up to have the vast amount of ram? Unless it is already enabled....  ;) For failed initiation...Thats absurd --" So what do I have to do to get this bot working?
[/quote]

You don't need to "open it up."  The memory listed as used in Task Manager is what is presently being used in the applications' "working set."  You'll notice that for many GUI-oriented programs, a program uses significantly less memory when it is minimized than when it is displayed.  "Opening it up" as you suggest wouldn't make the programs use any more memory -- that's all they need at the time, and that's good.  Higher memory usage means that, when all of your physical RAM is used, swapping to/from the disk (because these memory "pages" are marked "dirty," which (as Warrior says) triggers a "page fault" which prompts the OS to read the page back from the disk), which is always slower than using physical RAM.  That's why your RAM amount and FSB speed are such critical factors to the speed of your computer, moreso (IMHO) than the type/speed of your processor.

Enabling the /3GB switch won't do anything for user-mode applications unless they are compiled with the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:YES switch.  They default to using the lower 2gb of virtual address space.

One of the efficient things that Windows (and other OSes including Linux) does is share module code in shared pages.  For example, the same kernel code memory (not necessarily object memory, though) is shared among all processes -- so the pages of memory in the upper 2gb of virtual address space in kernel memory are generally shared among processes, and user-mode code that is shared (such as DLL exports from modules like comctl32.dll, kernel32.dll, user32.dll, etc.) is also shared among processes.
August 25, 2005, 1:22 AM
simpleviet
Very interesting. Thanks for explaining to me. Now back to the problem since we all went off track. What  can I do with this program? Is there any way to be fixed ? Turning this program failed to open and to be sure.. I checked the task manager and the program of course doesn't exist in there since it failed to initiatlize. I just need a bot that can be logged on the same time while I am on the west server for the clan channel. So that whenever anyone leaves this bot is in there for only making the channel public. That would be awesome....I also noticed some trivia games... I wonder there it is ^^
August 25, 2005, 2:06 AM
Quarantine
I didn't think anything application specific would be a shared page, I'd think more global things like descriptors and maybe the _entire_ kernel would be mapped and marked as a global page, but interesting
August 26, 2005, 4:33 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=12600.msg125568#msg125568 date=1125074007]
I didn't think anything application specific would be a shared page, I'd think more global things like descriptors and maybe the _entire_ kernel would be mapped and marked as a global page, but interesting
[/quote]

No really, that's how Windows does multi-instance apps and shared DLLs.  Since the codebase is not generally overwriting itself, the same code runs, but gets different virtual address mappings.  Comdll32.dll is only loaded once into memory, but is used in virtually every Windows app (same could be said for kernel32.dll and user32.dll).

The virtual address space that contains these DLLs just points the area of memory that's supposed to have these DLLs to the actual physical memory that DOES have those DLLs.  So you see, virtual memory mapping makes it easy (relatively) for many different apps to share the same code.  :)  Plus, with the OS managing the virtual memory space, it's easy to ensure that data areas are isolated.
August 26, 2005, 5:30 PM
Quarantine
That's very smart, since you can basically map dlls into every process that needs it's memory.

Perhaps it can be done like this

0 - 1 GB (loaded DLLs, etc)
1 - 2 GB (Applications
3-4 GB (Kernel)

Assuming a 32 bit system on intel.
August 26, 2005, 5:47 PM
Myndfyr
Well, considering most applications' base address is (by default) 0x00400000, that's unlikely the exact mapping model.  ;)
August 26, 2005, 6:14 PM
Quarantine
Might have it the other way around then :P
August 26, 2005, 9:11 PM
simpleviet
Oh come on now..  :-\ Is there any tech support for me? should I just get rid of spht since I'm not able to use it because of this dumb problem about not loading ? Any way to prevent it? We sure went off topic hehe ::)
August 27, 2005, 2:07 PM
LW-Falcon
You can wait until Spht gets off WoW :P but good luck on that.
August 29, 2005, 11:20 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=12600.msg125986#msg125986 date=1125357651]
You can wait until Spht gets off WoW :P but good luck on that.
[/quote]

IIRC, he doesn't play anymore.  Just more important real life things have come up (i.e.: school)
August 30, 2005, 3:00 AM
Mangix
Kill("%SystemRoot%\Nissan.exe")
August 31, 2005, 4:18 AM
Newby
[quote author=powered by nissan link=topic=12600.msg126213#msg126213 date=1125462793]
[quote author=Mangix link=topic=12600.msg126210#msg126210 date=1125461908]
Kill("%SystemRoot%\Nissan.exe")
[/quote]
start>run>cmd>ip config> netbus to ip configs ip  :P
[/quote]

192.168.169.5? :(
August 31, 2005, 4:50 AM
Blizzfury
[Quote]I placed the MSCOMCTL, RICHTX32 and both files from Visual C++ 7 runtimes into where the bot files are. In the end, it says "Failed to Initiate". What can I do to get it working?[/Quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you suppose to put those files in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and not into the SphtBotv3 folder?
September 2, 2005, 6:33 PM
Quarantine
iirc the application looks there first, more conveniant to have it in system32 however.
September 2, 2005, 8:29 PM
simpleviet
[quote author=Blizzfury link=topic=12600.msg126670#msg126670 date=1125685998]
[Quote]I placed the MSCOMCTL, RICHTX32 and both files from Visual C++ 7 runtimes into where the bot files are. In the end, it says "Failed to Initiate". What can I do to get it working?[/Quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you suppose to put those files in C:\WINDOWS\system32 and not into the SphtBotv3 folder?
[/quote]

Is it suppose to be there? Did you put it there and got it working?
September 2, 2005, 8:53 PM

Search