Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | re: inserting * / in commands

AuthorMessageTime
turtles
(sorry im quite off topic)

im sure there is a much shorter way to do this.. and... i think i misunderstood the post.. but o well

Ummm, what the hell does that do? If it is just Instr(), I will have to archive this post to the hall-of-coding-shame.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
=\ well i thought instr only looks for one particular string and it would be only one single format.. *word*

my way u can insert an asterick anywhere. and yea. i said there must be a shorter way to do this.. other then my given code.. and i did say it was long and messy. i didnt clean it up

the way i see it there are about 4 main scenarios
*word/*w*ord
word*/wor*d*
*word*/*wo*rd*
wo*rd/w*or*d

a simple instr will look for *word*

>_< he locked the other post how evil. forced me to make another post to respond =\
May 8, 2003, 5:37 PM
Grok
Ohok :) You did a wildcard match function?
May 8, 2003, 5:42 PM
turtles
uh huh. im sure there is better coding out there somewhere. but i made my own. give me some credit ;D
May 8, 2003, 5:52 PM
Camel
it had nothing to do with wildcards; when you log in with a d2 client, you need to use * to indicate an account name rather than a charactor name.
May 8, 2003, 7:42 PM
Etheran
Wow, that post confused me.. you might want to check into VB's Like operator, or perhaps go even deeper and learn regex and [try to] find a regex library that works with VB (maybe there's one built in, so you should refer to msdn first).
May 8, 2003, 8:55 PM
turtles
[quote author=Camel link=board=17;threadid=1260;start=0#msg9433 date=1052422977]
it had nothing to do with wildcards; when you log in with a d2 client, you need to use * to indicate an account name rather than a charactor name.
[/quote]

heh. i quote myself..

"im sure there is a much shorter way to do this.. and... i think i misunderstood the post.. but o well"
May 8, 2003, 9:03 PM

Search