Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Concerning CSB (Help ?)

AuthorMessageTime
zerokid
Hey, I've been using bots and finally got curious, and decided it'd be cool to try and code it myself. I don't really know VB, but I can find myself as I'm familiar with C++ syntax and I code lots of PHP, and have been through some other languages over the years.

I've searched around the site as to how a bot can be made, and I found interesting stuff. Eventually, I tried coding a half-assed GUI for a CSB-based bot (hah! yeah, I figured, it's the lazy way, but spare me the flaming; easier to learn through leeching and manipulating stable code than reading a thousand tutorials, I find)

[BNLS] Connecting...
[BNLS] Connected!
[BNLS] Authorized!
[BNET] Connecting...
[BNET] Connected!
[BNET] Version check failed, need updated hashes!
[BNET] Disconnected!

I've followed tutorials on how to setup a typical CSB-driven connection and basically, my code should work. I am trying to log in with a StarCraft CD-Key. Also, just a couple of days ago (or yesterday ? I have flawed memory) Blizzard released yet another [rather small] patch for StarCraft. Could it be that the problem source is in the BNLS (needing to be updated cuz of the new patch) or in my code, or that the CSB is outdated? I thought CSB'd do everything, and BNLS would log in with the right hashes in the right place. And I really doubt I'd throw myself into tryin' to code Local Hashing shit right now ... I need to start somewhere! =)

BTW, I'm using cleanslatebot2.oxc.

Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Sorry if this question's been answered before (I really doubt it though, I searched around)
August 23, 2005, 7:27 PM
KkBlazekK
If your connecting through starcraft, its because starcraft was just updated and bnls hasn't been yet.
August 23, 2005, 7:31 PM
zerokid
Ah. Damn, so I'll have to wait, but it's a good thing to know. Pretty damn fast answer  =) Thanks a lot.
August 23, 2005, 7:34 PM
inner.
Yeah, you'll get used to the late patching of BNLS when a new patch comes out for a product.
August 23, 2005, 9:32 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Unless he doesn't.  My bot is BNLS only, and I have no problems with waiting for patches, as I legally own a key for every Blizzard product.
August 24, 2005, 2:41 AM
inner.
[quote author=Newby link=topic=12598.msg125107#msg125107 date=1124833538]
[quote author=inner. link=topic=12598.msg125106#msg125106 date=1124832759]
Yeah, you'll get used to the late patching of BNLS when a new patch comes out for a product.
[/quote]

No you won't. You'll switch from using BNLS to doing something else!
[/quote]

That's not always the nesscary move someone will make.
August 24, 2005, 3:50 AM

Search