Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | BNCSutil 1.1.0

AuthorMessageTime
shadypalm88
BNCSutil 1.1.0 has been released into the wild for all platforms.  The new features should probably be considered a little beta-ish.  The new EXE info code is working for me (even on a big-endian system), and I've used leaks on the PE code and it found no memory leaks, but I can't guarantee that there are none.  Here's the change list:
[quote author=svn log]- Added cross-platform portable executable reading routines that allow
  getExeInfo to work on non-Windows platforms.
- Added a new function, kd_quick, that wraps all necessary key decoder calls
  into one function call.
- Removed a couple of unused variables.
- Changed the copyrights to include 2005 in various source files.
- Removed "BNCSutil.NET", as it that effort has been superceded by Managed
  BNCSutil by MyndFyre.[/quote]The new getExeInfo code that supports getting version information out of Windows hash files on Mac and Linux finally makes BNCSutil fully usable on those platforms.  You should now even be able to get the information from Mac classic and OSX files on Windows, although I have no idea why you would ever want to.

The cross-platform PE routines are not linked in on Windows, for obvious reasons.  So, Windows-only developers, unless you plan on using kd_quick, you have almost no reason to switch to 1.1.0, unless you just like the bigger number.

Oh and my bug tracker is throwing a tantrum (probably because I tried to install Trac and it got jealous), so if you run into any bugs or gotchas, you should reply to this thread.

Edit: Except the site will be down for the next couple of days anyway.  Hm, oh well.
August 23, 2005, 1:05 AM
Myndfyr
MBNCSUtil has been updated to 1.1.0.3 to include COM-aware classes and interfaces.  More information has been made available in the documentation.

All other functionality should still work across platforms, with the exception of big-endian platforms.
August 23, 2005, 3:49 AM
Insolence
Note:
You don't have to change the copyright year, at all, it still applies :)
August 24, 2005, 7:26 AM
bethra
good worx.
August 24, 2005, 9:14 PM
QwertyMonster
Good job.
August 24, 2005, 9:29 PM

Search