Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Flag Spoofing?

AuthorMessageTime
SubLiminaL_WolF
:owhen i seen a dude come in the channel with a flag of 666 i was concrned and asked him cuz most people have a flag of 0 and then he sayd he spoofed it. Im not sure but i dont think you can spoof a flag because if we could then we can be a blizz rep or a special guest or in the kbk please give some comments :P
May 8, 2003, 4:30 AM
iago
Well, flag 666 would be 2 | 8 | 10 | 80 | 200.. what would that be, maybe it's possible with the right combination of allowed stuff :)
May 8, 2003, 8:23 AM
Yoni
8 is Blizzard.

Edit: Here are the possibilities, sorted from most probable to least probable:

[list][*]Either you or your bot misread the ping as flags. It is not difficult to spoof 666ms ping.
[*]Either you or your bot is lying.
[*]You saw this user on a Battle.net emulation server, not on the real Battle.net.
[*]The person exploited a bug in your bot that lets him change his flags variable in your bot.
[*]Someone in Blizzard was having fun.
[*]The person found a bug in Battle.net that lets him change his flags.[/list]
May 8, 2003, 3:58 PM
SubLiminaL_WolF
well im not sure but if its a bug wouldnt you think that all the good programmers would have caught it by now? like skywing or c0ke :P
May 8, 2003, 4:10 PM
Yoni
Ok, you ruled out the least probable possibility in my list. The rest still stand, especially the first two.
May 8, 2003, 4:17 PM
SubLiminaL_WolF
so in otherwise you think im lying well w/e i dont care i thaught i would brign it to your guy's attention and see if it was a bug >:(
May 8, 2003, 4:19 PM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=SubLiminaL_WolF link=board=17;threadid=1254;start=0#msg9399 date=1052410243]
well im not sure but if its a bug wouldnt you think that all the good programmers would have caught it by now? like skywing or c0ke :P
[/quote]

haha c0ke

+1 for funny sarcasm
May 10, 2003, 10:27 PM
iago
[quote author=Yoni link=board=17;threadid=1254;start=0#msg9398 date=1052409481]
8 is Blizzard.

Edit: Here are the possibilities, sorted from most probable to least probable:

[list][*]Either you or your bot misread the ping as flags. It is not difficult to spoof 666ms ping.
[*]Either you or your bot is lying.
[*]You saw this user on a Battle.net emulation server, not on the real Battle.net.
[*]The person exploited a bug in your bot that lets him change his flags variable in your bot.
[*]Someone in Blizzard was having fun.
[*]The person found a bug in Battle.net that lets him change his flags.[/list]
[/quote]

I think that 3 and 4 should be switched (Counting the top as 1. Or the bottom as 1. It don't matter)
May 11, 2003, 3:52 PM
St0rm.iD
Obligatory flame:

Subliminal_wolf: you suck.
May 11, 2003, 11:29 PM
drivehappy
I beginning to think Karma is used as a means to spam :P.
May 12, 2003, 3:55 AM

Search