Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Changing Name on iPod Mini [Solved]

AuthorMessageTime
Option
i recently bought my friends old iPod mini because he got a new one. when connected to iTunes it reads as "Zdzinas Goral" as its ID, designation, name, whatever it may be called. I was wondering if at all possible, how to change this so im not left with his dreaded name for my iPod. Thanks.
August 14, 2005, 2:43 AM
hismajesty
STOP BEIN FRIENDZ WIT TERRORIASTS LOL!

You can change it in the iPods property menu via iTunes.
August 14, 2005, 3:10 AM
Yoni
Huh. You should be making up a name for the iPod, not putting your own name.

Mine says "Cauchy".
August 14, 2005, 1:09 PM
Option
hmph.. i checked everywhere in iTunes the other day and found nothing of the sort. I guess I'll check again :-\. Yoni, im not going to name my iPod after my own name.. why would i want an iPod named Andrew? but thanks for the tip anyways?
August 14, 2005, 5:22 PM
hismajesty
my iPod is named Matthew (maybe it has my last name, dunno) that way if I lose it and an honest person finds it, they know who it belongs to.
August 14, 2005, 8:21 PM
Maddox
mount the ipod as a mass-storage device. do a search for "goral." Replace it with your name. Or go to apple.com and get the ipod reset/update software.
August 14, 2005, 11:54 PM
iago
You "bought" it from your friend? Is it "used"?
August 15, 2005, 10:43 PM
laurion
If the name is something crazy like that, it has to be used
August 16, 2005, 6:44 PM
Option
lol. yeah, its used, but im not seeing that to be a problem. so i figured out how to change the name of the iPod. when youre in iTunes, in the left table where it lists Library and all the playlists and such.. when the iPod is connected, its displayed there. click it twice (not double-click) and then type something different, and hit enter or click outside the name and it changes.
August 23, 2005, 12:31 PM

Search