Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | 1 packet at a time!

AuthorMessageTime
SubLiminaL_WolF
ok im takin this 1 packet at a time cuz takin on 3 packets its hard

my trouble is when i start versioning on packet 0x06 i dont know how to send to get packet 0x50 so it ipbans me >:(
here is my 0x06 code
[code]
            case 0x06:
               //Mpq name & hash command
               strcpy(mpqname, buffer + 12);
               strcpy(hashcmd, buffer + 25);
               if(!CheckRevision("star\\starcraft.exe", "star\\storm.dll", "star\\battle.snp", hashcmd, &version, &checksum, exeinfo, mpqname)){
                  AppendText(IDC_CHATWND, WHITE, "%s", timestamp);
                  AppendText(IDC_CHATWND, RED, "CheckRevision() failed!\n");
                  Disconnect();
                  return;
               }
               AppendText(IDC_CHATWND, WHITE, "%s", timestamp);
               AppendText(IDC_CHATWND, WHITE, "Checking version & Cdkey...\n");
               packetbuf.insert("68XI", 4); //platform
               packetbuf.insert("PXES", 4); //product
               packetbuf.insert((int)0xc7); //version byte
               packetbuf.insert((int)0);
               AppendText(IDC_CHATWND, RED, "sending 0x50... test1\n");
               packetbuf.sendpacket(s, 0x50);
               AppendText(IDC_CHATWND, RED, "0x50 has been sent! test2\n");
               break;
[/code]
i get banned after i send 0x50
May 7, 2003, 7:54 PM
Camel
why are you sending 0x06 and then 0x50? you do one or the other, not both
see bnetdocs for login sequence
May 7, 2003, 8:35 PM
SubLiminaL_WolF
hmm which one should i use?
May 7, 2003, 8:38 PM
Camel
if you're using starcraft, you have to use 0x50
once again, see bnetdocs for login sequence
May 7, 2003, 8:41 PM
SubLiminaL_WolF
ive looked at bnet docs that :-X arta keeps banning my ip but when i try to get it to send 0x50 it still disconnects me do i send 0x50 b4 it connects or just wait for 0x50 then send 0x51?
May 7, 2003, 8:45 PM
Kp
[quote author=SubLiminaL_WolF link=board=17;threadid=1250;start=0#msg9341 date=1052340334]
ive looked at bnet docs that :-X arta keeps banning my ip but when i try to get it to send 0x50 it still disconnects me do i send 0x50 b4 it connects or just wait for 0x50 then send 0x51?
[/quote]Perhaps you should stop getting yourself banned, before he loses patience and bans your whole subnet. I'm uncertain whether there are any automatic bans, but I trust that they'd only kick in if you've done something that should never happen under normal circumstances.
May 7, 2003, 9:06 PM
SubLiminaL_WolF
kp the only thing ive accually done and i put this on my life the only thing i have done is looked at the bnet docs 0x50,51,06,sequences, flags and i think thats about it there might be soem more docs but nuttin to hurt anything on and i want soem proof that ive done something bad and i dont want a text document that anyone could write but anyway get back to my probly enough about bnet docs and arta's :-X
May 7, 2003, 9:42 PM
Arta
There are many automatic bans, 99% of them are for things that are blatent attempts to break things.

The auto IPBan does trigger for innocent people sometimes, usually as a result of using AOL/MSN/Some-Other-Crappy-Browser, or accessing the site using a proxy. If you give me your BnetDocs username I'll look into it.
May 8, 2003, 2:22 AM
SubLiminaL_WolF
well if it is a mistake im sorry for my mouth but my name is SubLiminaL_WolF and yes i use msn browser its gay and i told my mom to fuckign change it but oh well
May 8, 2003, 3:17 AM
Arta
That'll be why then. Use Internet Explorer as well, if there's no icon for it anywhere, you should be able to run it by going to Start->Run and typing 'iexplore'.
May 8, 2003, 6:53 AM
iago
I have the problem that my ISP forwards all requests on port 80 (and only port 80) through one of its two proxies, so my ip on http sites is always one of two different ones, and it often changes during the session, which causes an ip-ban on bnetdocs. Arta knows about it, and, as he knows, I just suffer and don't use it :-)

It would be neat to run bnetdocs on https.. that uses port 81, doesn't it? Or am I crazy? :-)
May 8, 2003, 8:20 AM
Yoni
By default, https uses port 443.
May 8, 2003, 3:51 PM
Grok
[quote author=iago link=board=17;threadid=1250;start=0#msg9375 date=1052382033]
I have the problem that my ISP forwards all requests on port 80 (and only port 80) through one of its two proxies, so my ip on http sites is always one of two different ones, and it often changes during the session, which causes an ip-ban on bnetdocs. Arta knows about it, and, as he knows, I just suffer and don't use it :-)
[/quote]

Arta, why? Are you using IIS session tracking?
May 8, 2003, 5:10 PM
Arta
I don't use built-in sessions in anything. I don't trust them. In addition, the banning of changed IPs helps prevent people using programs like Multiproxy. Also, I hate stupid browsers like AOL/MSN and people who use them deserve to be banned :)

Yes, you can use HTTPS to access BnetDocs, and it should help if your ISP is doing something wierd.

Either way, people who get banned for this are always unbanned fairly promptly.
May 9, 2003, 4:23 AM
Camel
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=17;threadid=1250;start=0#msg9522 date=1052454189]
Either way, people who get banned for this are always unbanned fairly promptly.
[/quote]

i hit refresh. said i was banned. 5 seconds later, i hit refresh again. page loaded perfectly.
+1 to arta :)
May 9, 2003, 5:58 AM

Search