Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Politics | This was emailed to me, pretty true

AuthorMessageTime
hismajesty
[quote] WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S.PRESIDENT,
DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?
My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been
completed.
Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our
mission in Iraq is complete.
This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American
forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now
to begin the reckoning.
Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries
which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is
short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are
some of the countries listed there.
The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the
world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be
distributing copies of both lists later this evening.
Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those
nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved
during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the
Iraqi war.
Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.
In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect money
toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that
note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt
you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the
earth.
Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.
I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with
France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are
retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.
I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN
diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid
parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded
and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You
creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets
tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over
to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York!
A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are
likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to
try not pissing us off for a change.
Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt
government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple
extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going
to put em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.
Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty -
starting now.
We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for
oil in Alaska- which will take care of this country's oil needs for
decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this
decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there.
They care.
It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens.
Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn
tootin."
Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the
world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on
the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to
eliminate homelessness in America. To the nations on List 1, a final
thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't forget.
To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to
speak Arabic.
God bless America. Thank you and good night.[/quote]

Some of it is false I think, like I think Canada would be on list #1. I do agree with most of that though, in respect to countries that were capable of helping us.
August 11, 2005, 6:52 AM
Topaz
Some of it would be nice to hear, but the rest is just ranting. If the US were to severe diplomatic relations in any such fashion, we'd be invaded by the first third world country to grasp the chance. The US doesn't have enough weapons to kill everyone, anyway :-/
August 11, 2005, 6:59 AM
CrAz3D
I like most of it, except the thing about 'screw you if you like Alaska'...mainly cause I like Alaska.

Uhm, if a 3rd world nation invaded us they would've probably used up all of their resources getting to the US & would be dead from starvation before they hit the shores...who cares, 3rd world is 3rd rate
August 11, 2005, 7:00 AM
Topaz
There's an infinite amount of countries with the resources to take over the US - Germany, Russia, North Korea, Canada, France, Britain - and there's no telling if the enemy will play nice. The Army doesn't work too well in urban settings, too many innocents at risk.
August 11, 2005, 7:03 AM
CrAz3D
Ok, I've got a few things to state...
#1, you're stupid for thinking that Germnay, Russia, Canada, France, & Britain are 3rd world countries (cause you said 3rd world countries would attack us & you listed those countries)
#2, Canada wouldnt do jack cause they dont care, Britain is an ally
#3, If N Korea, France, & Germany were to actually attack it'd be with military (duh) & if they don't play nice & DO invade IMAGINE what would happen to them?  If they invade there is no doubt in mind my that a civilian (of ours) would be killed, then we would just continue to utterly destroy each country until they withdrew from the US.
August 11, 2005, 7:06 AM
nslay
Let's eat cheese!
Mmmmm cheese...
August 11, 2005, 7:08 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=nslay link=topic=12495.msg123945#msg123945 date=1123744130]
Let's eat cheese!
Mmmmm cheese...
[/quote]psst, Univ. of Washington makes AWESOME cheese they sell in a can...its freakin awesome
August 11, 2005, 7:14 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=12495.msg123942#msg123942 date=1123743780]
There's an infinite amount of countries with the resources to take over the US - Germany, Russia, North Korea, Canada, France, Britain - and there's no telling if the enemy will play nice. The Army doesn't work too well in urban settings, too many innocents at risk.
[/quote]

The army doesn't work well in urban settings because they aren't allowed to fire at an attacker unless they have a clear, exact, 100% shot. Why? Because they don't want to accidentally kill an innocent. Why? Because we are on a balance and widespread civilian casualties will tip the balance against us, and we'll be at the receiving end of even more criticism. If we go in with an "I don't care" attitude, in regard to foreign opinion, we could be more liberal with our shots and probably save our men.

That won't ever happen though, oh well.

"Screw you if you like Alaska" in regard to you being anti-Alaska-drilling, due to enviromental reasons.
August 11, 2005, 7:23 AM
Topaz
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=12495.msg123943#msg123943 date=1123743987]
Ok, I've got a few things to state...
#1, you're stupid for thinking that Germnay, Russia, Canada, France, & Britain are 3rd world countries (cause you said 3rd world countries would attack us & you listed those countries)
#2, Canada wouldnt do jack cause they dont care, Britain is an ally
#3, If N Korea, France, & Germany were to actually attack it'd be with military (duh) & if they don't play nice & DO invade IMAGINE what would happen to them?  If they invade there is no doubt in mind my that a civilian (of ours) would be killed, then we would just continue to utterly destroy each country until they withdrew from the US.
[/quote]

I was referring to OTHER countries besides 3rd world settings, because someone was complaining about them not reaching our shores :-)
August 11, 2005, 9:56 AM
Arta
I think that entire email is nonsensical, short-sighted, and misguided. Rant is the perfect word to describe it.
August 11, 2005, 10:57 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=topic=12495.msg123953#msg123953 date=1123757829]
I think that entire email is nonsensical, short-sighted, and misguided. Rant is the perfect word to describe it.
[/quote]

Why? Maybe it's just because you don't live here and don't see a problem with taxpayers having to give money to countries who don't support us, to fix their problems, when we have our own social problems here. From now on they can cry to the UNGA.
August 11, 2005, 1:39 PM
KkBlazekK
Canada is involved in iraq. We trade you guys a lot of resources that you need.  I'd like to see the prices for those in your country after the supply gets cut off.

I agree with Arta about that being a rant.
August 11, 2005, 4:39 PM
hismajesty
I said that I didn't agree with the Canada part. I know you people were involved in Iraq.

Arta just disagrees for the sake of disagreeing, the points make sense.
August 11, 2005, 5:13 PM
St0rm.iD
It was a rant, yes.

But we should cut foreign aid to the bitchy countries who hate us. Screw them. We need a better education system and borders, anyway.
August 11, 2005, 5:18 PM
hismajesty
I think we should just close our borders, screw the rest of the people. The only thing we need the rest of the world for is military bases, trading, and cheap labor.
August 11, 2005, 6:24 PM
CrAz3D
Got to leave part of Mexico open, that way we can get our fields picked around here
August 11, 2005, 6:27 PM
DrivE
Shit man, I'd put Canada on list 2.
August 11, 2005, 10:09 PM
CrAz3D
I don't know...maybe list 2.5, list 3 would be Switzerland-ish people who do jack about everything

August 11, 2005, 10:14 PM
Mephisto
I'd just want to say that I think some of the things stated in that email are quite irrational and one-sided and not thought-through.  It also appears to be from a completely conservative perspective, and I'm not denoting conservatives, just pointing out the one-sidedness of it.

I'd also like to state that the oil from Alaska would not take away our dependence of oil from other countries as it is a very insignificant amount to the amount of oil consumed daily in America and the world.
August 12, 2005, 3:51 AM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=12495.msg124051#msg124051 date=1123818704]
I'd also like to state that the oil from Alaska would not take away our dependence of oil from other countries as it is a very insignificant amount to the amount of oil consumed daily in America and the world.
[/quote]link?
August 12, 2005, 6:43 AM
hismajesty
There's a max estimated amount of 16 BBO, billion barrels of oil,  in the 2000 acre area. If I recall correctly the average amount in the area was ~7 BBO.

[img]http://www.anwr.org/images/convresources.jpg[/img]

Resources:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs-0028-01/fs-0028-01.htm
http://www.anwr.org/
August 12, 2005, 1:00 PM
Adron
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12495.msg123983#msg123983 date=1123784653]
I think we should just close our borders, screw the rest of the people. The only thing we need the rest of the world for is military bases, trading, and cheap labor.
[/quote]

But as the rest of the world grows independent of you, you'll suddenly not be able to get good trade or cheap labor. Closing you borders might well be to the better of the world! No longer will Imperialistic America be sucking the life force out of all the poor countries!
August 12, 2005, 2:38 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Adron link=topic=12495.msg124085#msg124085 date=1123857492]
[quote author=hismajesty[yL] link=topic=12495.msg123983#msg123983 date=1123784653]
[/quote]

But as the rest of the world grows independent of you, you'll suddenly not be able to get good trade or cheap labor. Closing you borders might well be to the better of the world! No longer will Imperialistic America be sucking the life force out of all the poor countries!
[/quote]Exactly, that's why I don't think we can totally close the borders. We need the cheap Mexican labor, but that's about it I suppose
August 12, 2005, 3:24 PM
Mephisto
I seriously doubt with the way America has made itself as of now could we close our borders to countries around the world.  Just think about our dependence on goods from China/Japan.  Look at all the items you have at home and check to see where it has been made from.  I doubt a large portion of it is from America.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean by closing our borders, but I don't think we can "close our borders" to other countries and still expect trade, cheap labor, and military bases from them.
August 12, 2005, 5:01 PM
CrAz3D
If we close the borders to Chinese PEOPLE they'd still give us their good because they need to sell them otherwise they fall to pieces.  We wouldn't stop trade
August 12, 2005, 5:18 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=12495.msg124092#msg124092 date=1123866078]
I seriously doubt with the way America has made itself as of now could we close our borders to countries around the world.  Just think about our dependence on goods from China/Japan.  Look at all the items you have at home and check to see where it has been made from.  I doubt a large portion of it is from America.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you mean by closing our borders, but I don't think we can "close our borders" to other countries and still expect trade, cheap labor, and military bases from them.
[/quote]

I mean close our borders to immigration, not become isolationists as far as trading and such. Adron, I highly doubt many countries around the world share your views, that's why so many people immigrate here.
August 12, 2005, 9:05 PM
Hostile
eh Topaz thats not true. US is the best equipped. We'd just fallback to nuclear if any other major nation tried anything on us.
August 12, 2005, 11:03 PM
Hostile
As for oil, I wish we just looked for alternative solutions to this crap anyways.
August 12, 2005, 11:15 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=Hostile link=topic=12495.msg124123#msg124123 date=1123888557]
As for oil, I wish we just looked for alternative solutions to this crap anyways.
[/quote]

Agreed, and eventually we'll have to.  Funny how so many people think that we can just keep drilling oil from the ground forever.
August 12, 2005, 11:51 PM
Hostile
Even if we could we'd kill our atmosphere anyways. Good luck finding a new atmosphere!
August 13, 2005, 3:11 AM
shout
[quote author=Hostile link=topic=12495.msg124123#msg124123 date=1123888557]
[/quote]

Gas has gone up 20 cents in the past two days...

Hydrogen-fuel cells look promising.

[hr]

I read somewhere (I have no idea where, might of even been on the forum) something like:

[quote]
America will most likely destroy the rest of the world protecting itself.
[/quote]
August 13, 2005, 4:52 AM
Mephisto
For those of you who don't know what he's talking about: http://www.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/

I expect it'll be some years before this techology is applicable to modern systems, automobiles, etc.
August 13, 2005, 5:44 AM
CrAz3D
I recall watching on TV that hydrogen cells aren't the best...something about how you'd have to recharge them.

What was best is what BMW has done in using liquid hydrogen? in a regular engine (slightly modified)...that way it could be gas & H
August 13, 2005, 6:25 AM
Topaz
Hydrogen isn't nearly as efficient as oil, which is why we haven't fully converted to it.
August 13, 2005, 6:48 AM
Soul Taker
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=12495.msg124126#msg124126 date=1123890678]
Funny how so many people think that we can just keep drilling oil from the ground forever.
[/quote]
Actually, I remember reading quite a long time ago that this might not be so impossible.  Well, at the least, there's a lot more oil than most people think there is: http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/oil.htm
August 13, 2005, 7:03 AM
Mephisto
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=12495.msg124158#msg124158 date=1123915704]
Hydrogen isn't nearly as efficient as oil, which is why we haven't fully converted to it.
[/quote]

Actually, it is in the "stacks" which can vary in the amount of energy it generates.  The problem is, it hasn't been developed far enough to be brought to the consumer market, but within the next 10 - 20 years I expect it will.  The major problems according to what I have researched are cost, size, durability and compatability with today's appliances.
August 13, 2005, 3:54 PM
Mephisto
[quote author=Soul Taker link=topic=12495.msg124160#msg124160 date=1123916635]
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=12495.msg124126#msg124126 date=1123890678]
Funny how so many people think that we can just keep drilling oil from the ground forever.
[/quote]
Actually, I remember reading quite a long time ago that this might not be so impossible.  Well, at the least, there's a lot more oil than most people think there is: http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/oil.htm
[/quote]

Even if we could use oil like we are using it today forever, as Hostile has already said, we'd destroy our world and we'd all die.  GG
August 13, 2005, 3:56 PM
St0rm.iD
[quote author=Mephisto link=topic=12495.msg124155#msg124155 date=1123911898]
For those of you who don't know what he's talking about: http://www.eere.energy.gov/hydrogenandfuelcells/

I expect it'll be some years before this techology is applicable to modern systems, automobiles, etc.
[/quote]

I would be wary of what you speak out: http://www.popsci.com/popsci/generaltech/article/0,20967,927469,00.html

[quote author=Topaz link=topic=12495.msg124158#msg124158 date=1123915704]
[/quote]

I seem to remember from chemistry that the energy potential/gram is far greater (2-3 times iirc) than that of hydrocarbon compounds.

Solution to the energy crisis? Batteries and nukes.
August 14, 2005, 2:12 AM
Grok
[quote author=Hostile link=topic=12495.msg124144#msg124144 date=1123902709]
Even if we could we'd kill our atmosphere anyways. Good luck finding a new atmosphere!
[/quote]

From Men In Black II
[color=yellow]Jarra: They caught me siphoning ozone from their atmosphere to sell on the black market. These humans are very touchy about this global warming thing.[/color]
August 16, 2005, 2:46 PM

Search