Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Diablo II cd keys' position in memory?

AuthorMessageTime
SSKnight
I'm sorry if this query is misplaced, but I am new here so please move it if needed.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to extract the D2 CD Key from memory after it has been used to validate against Battle.net.

I know it is put in memory, but I am new to working with memory. I have programming experience, but where this is concerned I am very new, so please understand that while attempting an explanation.

I am very happy to be a part of the community and look forward to helping where I can. Thank you in advance for the help.
August 3, 2005, 2:31 AM
Kp
How does this relate to bot development?  Diablo II isn't a robot on its own, nor is it stable enough to merit being used as a host for one.
August 3, 2005, 3:20 AM
Topaz
I believe it's stored in the mpq.
August 3, 2005, 3:37 PM
SkullzeD
it could be usefull to me too

how do i search for cdkey with tsearch? i mean, for what value should i search if i want to know my cd key???
August 3, 2005, 4:06 PM
LordNevar
Your cdkey for Diablo II is stored in D2Data.mpg, and the Expansion key is also stored in there as well.
August 3, 2005, 4:13 PM
SkullzeD
nice nice, i see a way to fuck up my friends =PPP

hey rok3x check your email i send you a program i programmed in vb!!
rok3x: but it does nothing!!!
uuups, it has a bug, send it back to me to check the log.
rok3x: aight man

and dat could be it. well, ill DO IT =PPP

** are cdkeys for war3 also stored in their mpq's???
August 3, 2005, 4:43 PM
LW-Falcon
[quote author=SkullzeD link=topic=12422.msg122947#msg122947 date=1123087435]

[/quote]
You'd do that to your friends? Wtf is wrong with you? -_-
August 4, 2005, 7:01 AM
Archangel
Wow, we helped an idiot.
August 4, 2005, 2:59 PM
Topaz
Nah, I doubt he'll be able to find the offsets. He'll be back :)
August 4, 2005, 5:04 PM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=12422.msg123050#msg123050 date=1123175095]
Nah, I doubt he'll be able to find the offsets. He'll be back :)
[/quote]

Of course he'll be back. They always do come back.  :(
August 4, 2005, 5:32 PM
laurion
Since we are talking about diablo II memory:
Does anyone know where the password is stored at in memory? I know for a fact D2 stores it there, or somewhere, because try whispering yourself or anyone else your password.
August 5, 2005, 11:44 PM
bethra
This might be kind of off topic, but what program do you guys use to like view the memory and stuff?
August 6, 2005, 3:09 AM
Kp
ntsd
August 6, 2005, 3:43 AM
Quarantine
[quote author=SkullzeD link=topic=12422.msg122947#msg122947 date=1123087435]

[/quote]

Man, I love you.
August 6, 2005, 3:53 AM
diabl0
i was using artmoney and i found regular cdkey at memory address 01e70100
and i found expansion at 01e701b0

but i know that they are also stored in the .mpq files

and since the topic came up...
it would be nice to know where to get the stored password info. as tazo said in an earlier post its most likely stored in the memory. which seems logical to me since when you try to send your password in a chat channel in diablo 2 it wont send it, so there must be a client-side place the password is being stored, that is checked against what you send in chat... right?

i cant see it using artmoney, unless its encrypted in the memory and i cant make it out..  i found the cdkeys easily and they were clear and not scrambled or encrypted in any way.

anyone interested in persuing this? let us know!

p.s. i was looking at d2data.mpq with an mpq viewer and i see 10851 files but i cant figure out which one has the cdkey info. i just dont see it.

August 21, 2005, 9:37 PM
iago
[quote author=SkullzeD link=topic=12422.msg122942#msg122942 date=1123085167]
it could be usefull to me too

how do i search for cdkey with tsearch? i mean, for what value should i search if i want to know my cd key???
[/quote]

If you want to find your cd key in memory, you should search for your cdkey.  You will find it on a sticker on the side of the game's box. 

August 23, 2005, 1:21 PM
diabl0
sorry but im just a beginner.  i dont know how to search for a specific value using artmoney although i DO know my cdkeys so thats not a problem.  and i also tried to play around with ntsd but i have NO clue there...
good suggestion though, now how to apply it.. lol
and i suppose that same method could show me where the pw is stored (if it IS indeed stored in memory and not elsewhere).

hey, by chance would a willing soul care to post any kind of small tutorial (or a link to one) for using ANY memory utility?  i have no preferences as to which utility i should use so anything would be helpful..
im learning! thanks for bearing with me.

p.s. iago... nice name. do you visit the forums at hiddensoft.com (autoit)? your name is familiar.
August 24, 2005, 9:49 PM

Search