Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Mandrake Linux

AuthorMessageTime
shadowz
does Mandrake come with Dual-Boot, and is that option to where evertime you restart it asks which OS you would like to boot back up in, or can switch between the 2 once booted up

also, do i need to get WINE with Mandrake for windows programs?
May 6, 2003, 10:38 PM
Yoni
Dual-booting is a feature available in grub, lilo and the NT boot loader (and others I don't know of, probably). Depending on which you have installed in the MBR, it's a little different, but it should be possible regardless of what distribution of Linux you use.

WINE: Also unrelated to which distribution you use. I don't know whether Mandrake comes with WINE. If not, you can just download it. (Yes, you need WINE to run Windows programs - I don't know of other emulators.)
May 7, 2003, 12:22 AM
shadowz
[quote author=Yoni link=board=2;threadid=1242;start=0#msg9278 date=1052266930]
Dual-booting is a feature available in grub, lilo and the NT boot loader (and others I don't know of, probably). Depending on which you have installed in the MBR, it's a little different, but it should be possible regardless of what distribution of Linux you use.

WINE: Also unrelated to which distribution you use. I don't know whether Mandrake comes with WINE. If not, you can just download it. (Yes, you need WINE to run Windows programs - I don't know of other emulators.)
[/quote]

so does Windows 2000 Professional may have it, because I was told Mandrake comes with the dual-boot feature
May 7, 2003, 1:54 AM
Raven
Linux is Linux. It really doesn't matter whether you bought Red Hat or Mandrake or any other distributor; the only differences is usually what kind of little toys they may be bundled with.
May 7, 2003, 3:06 AM
Yoni
[quote author=Raven link=board=2;threadid=1242;start=0#msg9298 date=1052276804]bought[/quote]
Ewww... This is Linux. You have the option to get it for free, and it's even legal. :(
May 7, 2003, 3:21 AM

Search