Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Help with cleanslatebot.ocx

AuthorMessageTime
SkullzeD
someone told me i dont need a botid for use of bnls, so i just writed smthing like asdf and a similar password,
but it returns me this:
[quote][18:12:30]** BNLS: Connecting.
[18:12:30]** BNLS: Connected.
[18:12:30]** BNLS: Error - your BotID wasnt accepted.
[18:12:30]** BNet: Connecting.
[18:12:30]** BNet: Connected.
[18:12:30]** BNet: Checking CD Key...[/quote]

i added 'BNet: Checking CD Key...' in code where it says its connected to BNet, but it dsnt come to checking version.
so, will some1 tell me what should i do plz

EDIT - Quote fix :P
August 2, 2005, 4:17 PM
Forged
don't add it at all.
August 2, 2005, 4:25 PM
SkullzeD
i receive same msg :(

here goes when you click on start testing on menu:
[code]Private Sub mnuCon_Click()
  AddChat vbWhite, "[" + Str(Time) + "]", vbCyan, "** ", vbGreen, "Testing for ", vbRed, StrReverse(ProductID), vbGreen, " has started!"
  z = 2
  tmrTest.Enabled = True
End Sub[/code]

and here is the activated timer:
[code]Private Sub tmrTest_Timer()
  'timer interval is 3000 (3 seconds)
  If ProductID = "3RAW" Then
      If z = 2 Then
        If EOF(1) = False Then
            z = 1
            Input #1, nCDKey
            'CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotID = ""
            'CleanSlateBot1.BNLSBotPassword = ""
            CleanSlateBot1.CDKey = nCDKey
            CleanSlateBot1.Product = ProductID
            CleanSlateBot1.HomeChannel = frmConfig.txtChan.Text
            CleanSlateBot1.Password = frmConfig.txtPass.Text
            CleanSlateBot1.Username = frmConfig.txtUser.Text
            CleanSlateBot1.NewPassword = "looza"
            CleanSlateBot1.ChangePassword = False
            CleanSlateBot1.Server = nServer
            CleanSlateBot1.Accept = -65
            CleanSlateBot1.Connect
        End If
      End If
  End If
End Sub[/code]

note: the value of variable 'z' is 2 when it checks cd key
August 2, 2005, 4:35 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Your accept value is wrong.
August 2, 2005, 6:29 PM
SkullzeD
it was written in a tutorial on how to use a csb.ocx

the tut is written by cuphead and zorm so....
N O T  M Y  F A U L T ! ! ! ======P

edit - forgot to ask... =P
what is the real value
August 2, 2005, 7:23 PM
Yegg
August 2, 2005, 7:44 PM
SkullzeD
even if it is, it dsnt work. it dsnt even try to cnnect if i set cleanslatebot1.accept=579728
well, maybe its my ocx wrong for it. plz give me link to the cleanslatebot.ocx for which you told me the real value.
it may be a farsa but it is worth a try. btw, my cleanslatebot.ocx has 140kb
August 2, 2005, 7:59 PM
LordNevar
Are you using Cleanslatebot, or Cleanslatebot2?
August 2, 2005, 9:32 PM
SkullzeD
cleanslatebot
August 2, 2005, 10:03 PM
LordNevar
Than it's old and outdated, and no longer supported. I would advise getting Cleanslatebot2.ocx if you plan on using csb, which does not support WC3.
August 2, 2005, 10:31 PM
Yegg
I give him credit for using CleanSlateBot and not ripping sources. :D
August 2, 2005, 11:22 PM
SkullzeD
if i understanded u correctly, csb2 does NOT support wc3???
August 3, 2005, 11:14 AM
LordNevar
CSB is outdated, and noone has bothered to update it for some time now. CSB does not support any of the WC3 clients.
August 3, 2005, 4:11 PM
SkullzeD
well, how can i edit an existing ocx control?
August 3, 2005, 4:41 PM
Yegg
I think someone should make a cleanslatebot3.ocx, even if it isn't CupHead.
August 3, 2005, 11:45 PM
dx
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=12415.msg122991#msg122991 date=1123112731]
I think someone should make a cleanslatebot3.ocx, even if it isn't CupHead.
[/quote]
200 look-a-like bots will be "coded" in 2006 alone.
August 4, 2005, 1:11 AM
zorm
I happen to have an older copy of the source code if anyone feels the need to make something like CleanSlateBot3.ocx
August 4, 2005, 1:18 AM
Quarantine
[me=Warrior]makes everyone mad[/me]
I'll do it!
August 4, 2005, 1:38 AM
hismajesty
[quote author=SkullzeD link=topic=12415.msg122946#msg122946 date=1123087272]
well, how can i edit an existing ocx control?
[/quote]

The source was released a while ago, it's probably somewhere on the internet.
August 4, 2005, 3:21 AM
LordNevar
Please, There is no need for it. If it is made, we all know there will be hundreds of people out there with no idea what there doing flooding this forum looking for help on something a 5yr old could do with a few good notes and a quick 5 min lesson.
August 4, 2005, 4:33 AM
HdxBmx27
Why dont you jsut make the new CSB a packet buffer  With a sub that splits up the packets and calls the RecivedPacket(ID, BodyData).
Honestly, A lot of people get stumped at simply splitting hte packets apart :/
There's enuf information out there that akll you need to know is how to manipulate strings and you can make a bot winthin the day. It's pathetic that people need a thing like CSB.
~-~(HDX)~-~
August 4, 2005, 4:42 AM
dx
IIRC, That was OLD OLD Myria icon? *shrug*
August 4, 2005, 6:44 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=12415.msg123005#msg123005 date=1123119512]
[me=Warrior]makes everyone mad[/me]
I'll do it!
[/quote]

Please don't. If people are struggling with CSB as is, they should just be wiped off the face of the planet, seeing as to how CSB is already beyond simplicity.
August 4, 2005, 5:26 PM
Yegg
I think a CleanSlateBot3 should be developed. I'll consider creating a CleanSlateBot3.dll.
August 4, 2005, 8:24 PM
zorm
Yes its the icon from DPBot.

Its funny how you guys aren't willing to provide a chance for new people to come into the bot development scene. The needed information to connect as a game client to a battle.net server has been publicly available for many years to the disgust of some(*cough*Skywing*cough*). Making the connection is not the hard part, its unlikely that people will use a bot just because it can connect.

The real challenge is in making the GUI and other features that people want to use. CSB allows people to focus in on those goals and not have to worry about dealing with the connection. This is something that raihan said a few years back, I didn't believe him then but looking back I see that he was right.
August 4, 2005, 9:41 PM
ColT
I actually don't care if Cleanslatebot3 is out or not, and if people are using it or not. All I know is i'm not using it so I don't care.
August 4, 2005, 10:04 PM
Quarantine
CSB gave me a kickstart into programming and it was some of the limitations it provided that made me want to learn to write a Binary Bot on my own and partly because I always wonder how things work. I'd call it a better alternative as opposed to leeching code.
August 4, 2005, 10:15 PM
Forged
http://www.zeroforce.net/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=205

August 4, 2005, 10:24 PM
hismajesty
[quote author=Tazo link=topic=12415.msg123029#msg123029 date=1123137155]Does anyone know where Messiah or Atom are?![/quote]

Mesiah is on AIM. =)
August 4, 2005, 10:32 PM
Topaz
[quote author=ColT link=topic=12415.msg123089#msg123089 date=1123193059]
I actually don't care if Cleanslatebot3 is out or not, and if people are using it or not. All I know is i'm not using it so I don't care.
[/quote]

Does that contribute to the topic in any way? If your post isn't going to do anything for anyone, nobody wants to see it.
August 4, 2005, 11:30 PM
Networks
Those of you who find that CSB is a bot development programmer's worst enemy, do you think that the fake programmers currently who are copying and pasting your code right now are any  better the those CSB users? I have more respect for a person who is using CSB then a person who is copying and pasting open source code and taking the credit. At least we know they're learning and making an attempt, opposed to the leechers. I see nothing wrong with CSB, if you're afraid to help "newbies" in bot development then don't, I see no difference in posts then what we may already get such as "I want to make a bot where do I start", we'll simply now get "I am stuck on CSB, how do I do such and such", and we point them to a thread like usual.

Also are there not ALREADY 200 look-a-like bots? My conclusion is, CSB cuts down leeching, and provides people a start into not only bot development but into programming. If you don't support it don't use, if hate helping people, don't, just keep in mind that we were all newbies once. I believe CSB distinguishes the new bot dev programmers from the refined unlike what's going on now.
August 5, 2005, 3:10 PM
KkBlazekK
I remember someone releasing a csb-type ocx that does wc3 already..

I just searched and found it https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=8185.0 but its no longer on the site.  Ohh well.
August 5, 2005, 6:44 PM
Yegg
I remember that program. I didn't like it too much. But I agree with Networks. CSB could help cut down on source stealing if it were even more updated. Perhaps if it supports all clients? Cdkey and non-cdkey clients?
August 5, 2005, 7:48 PM
Mr. Neo
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=12415.msg123198#msg123198 date=1123267492]

I just searched and found it https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=8185.0 but its no longer on the site.  Ohh well.
[/quote]

I've got a copy of this OCX if anyone is interested in it.  It's just the OCX, no documentation or anything but it seems like it would be pretty self-explanatory.  If you want it, let me know and I can email it to your or something.
August 5, 2005, 8:10 PM
Topaz
Do you have the source to it? Seeing as how you mentioned you don't have any documentation for it, we'll need it to utilize the functions.
August 5, 2005, 8:25 PM
Mr. Neo
No source either.  To find out the functions you'd need to utilize, I'd recommend you pick yourself up a type library viewer.  But, if your too lazy to do that, then look below for a complete listing of members in the OCX.

TypeInfos:
BNLSLogon

Members:
Event BNETConnected
Event BNETConnecting
Event BNETDisconnected
Event BNETError (Number As Integer, Description As String)
Event BNLSConnected
Event BNLSConnecting
Event BNLSDisconnected
Event BNSLError (Number As String, Description As String)
Event Broadcast (Message As String)
Event ChangePasswordProofResult (Result As Boolean, Message As String)
Event ChangePasswordResult (Result As Boolean, Message As String)
Event CheckRevisionResult (Result As Boolean, ErrorNumber As String, ErrorMessage As String)
Event CreateAccountResult (Result As Boolean, Message As String)
Event FlagsUpdate (Username As String, Ping As Long, flags As Long, Message As String, statsString

As String)
Event HandlePackets (Data As String)
Event JoinedChannel (Channel As String, flags As Long)
Event LoggedOn (UserName As String, Message As String, statsString As String)
Event PasswordHashResult (Result As Boolean, Message As String)
Event PasswordProof (Result As Boolean, Message As String)
Event ReceivedChannels (ChannelList As String)
Event ServerError (Message As String)
Event ServerInfo (Message As String)
Event UserEmote (Username As String, flags As Long, Message As String)
Event UserInChannel (Username As String, Ping As Long, flags As Long, Product As String, Message

As String, statstring As String)
Event UserJoined (Username As String, Ping As Long, flags As Long, Product As String, Message As

String, statstring As String)
Event UserLeave (Username As String, Ping As Long, flags As Long)
Event UserTalks (Username As String, Ping As Long, flags As Long, Message As String)
Event WhisperFrom (Username As String, flags As Long, Message As String)
Event WhisperTo (Username As String, Message As String)

Property CDKey As String
Property CDKey2 As String
Property CDKeyOwner As String
Property ChangePassword As Boolean
Property HomeChannel As String
Property NewPassword As String
Property Password As String
Property Product As String
Property Server As String
Property Use0msPing As Boolean
Property UsePlug As Boolean
Property Username As String

Sub Connect
Sub ConstructPacket (DataType As String, Data As String)
Sub Disconnect
Sub Send (Data As String)
Sub SendConstructedPacket (PacketID As Byte)
Sub strcpy (Source As String, ByVal nText As String)

August 5, 2005, 9:08 PM
Networks
[quote author=rabbit link=topic=12415.msg123228#msg123228 date=1123278858]
[quote author=Networks link=topic=12415.msg123177#msg123177 date=1123254632]
Those of you who find that CSB is a bot development programmer's worst enemy, do you think that the fake programmers currently who are copying and pasting your code right now are any  better the those CSB users? I have more respect for a person who is using CSB then a person who is copying and pasting open source code and taking the credit. At least we know they're learning and making an attempt, opposed to the leechers. I see nothing wrong with CSB, if you're afraid to help "newbies" in bot development then don't, I see no difference in posts then what we may already get such as "I want to make a bot where do I start", we'll simply now get "I am stuck on CSB, how do I do such and such", and we point them to a thread like usual.

Also are there not ALREADY 200 look-a-like bots? My conclusion is, CSB cuts down leeching, and provides people a start into not only bot development but into programming. If you don't support it don't use, if hate helping people, don't, just keep in mind that we were all newbies once. I believe CSB distinguishes the new bot dev programmers from the refined unlike what's going on now.
[/quote]While I agree that CSB > Leech, CSB gives the impression to people that they can make a bot and be famous with little work and little knowledge in VB.  This leads to numerous "wtfomghelpidunnowhatimdoing" type threads, which are really spam.  If anyone who downloads VB/VS from the internet and gets a copy of CSB, you'd think they'd at least have some knowledge of the "Search" button, but sadly most do not.  I dislike the majority of people CSB has brought to these forums (2 post members, newbies who can't work the '.' key, and people who don't understand the concept of the "Search" feature).
[/quote]

While all that is true in some respects, many of the leechers are the same exact way and I see no difference other then respecting the CSB users much more. Most people don't learn about the search button until the next time around honestly...
August 5, 2005, 11:08 PM
MyStiCaL
Well, I dunno why, but about lil less then half a year ago, I found a somthing  that said "Cuphead" made a CleanSlateBot3 But he never got to release public, but Denial had the source, so Denial let it out to the public because Cuphead went to Jail? or somthing? ive looked through the source it self, not to bad.. supported every thing i could see at the moment, but was it made by Cuphead? i might still have the source on a CD somewhere, I'll look into finding it and maybe post it here.

It was fully commented, and yes i am sure it wasnt CleanSlateBot2

August 8, 2005, 8:46 AM
Yegg
Wasn't that his "New CSB"?
August 8, 2005, 1:15 PM
Networks
[quote author=Yegg link=topic=12415.msg123579#msg123579 date=1123506941]
Wasn't that his "New CSB"?
[/quote]

That was the supposed to be CSBv3 and he was working with Zorm on it however Zorm wasn't, I guess as ethusiastic to work on it so the project stopped and Cuphead had his own issues to attend to.

MyStiCaL: Forged already posted the link back on page 2.
August 11, 2005, 1:47 PM
SkullzeD
i support open source programs, because ive learned much with them. when i made a crappy game 3 years ago(i was 10 then =P) i started vb, and copy-pasted parts of different open sources and slightly modified them. but i didnt add a credit to anyone except me. well, after that game i stopped vb and only played war3. one guy made a map, and someone changed it and didnt gave him credit. he was so mad at him that in the next ver of his map he wrote: that bitchass faggot called <name> stole my map! dont play his map it sux.... well, there i realised he was wrong for writing that. he could write smthin like: NOTE: there is another version of this map, named <mapname> by <name>. was that hard? for him, yes.

you may think this babbling i wrote is useless. trust me, it isnt.
2 years after that (i was 12) i modded few td-s. i did that because i loved them so much i wanted to improve them. those who made em had vision, they knew what they wanted to do. sadly, they didnt had skill, and i opened them in map editor to see the source. it was noobish, and i improved all of it, made it easyer to change, added comments.... after i did that, i changed intro screen a lil. at the bottom of the text, i added: 'nerfed by skullzed'. and yes, the version was 1.12 and i made the modded map to be 1.12b. and thats it!

you may now wonder why did i wrote all this.
i wrote it because there are lots of ppl like this mapmaker, and this 'stealer', but not much ppl like i am.
im maybe not the smartest kid in the universe, but i know that if you dnt want to make money with the program/game you make you should make it open-source so others can learn from it. here are few tips if youre making a open source (this tips could be usefull even if youre not making open source cause then it will be harder for you to get lost in your code):
1. Comment
  a. write why you made that part of code.
  b. write what the code is doing
  c. comment variables, for what they are for
2. Learn to work with arrays, so you can escape things like bunny1, bunny2, bunny3. with an array it would look like bunny(1). it also allows you much easier coding.
3. Try not to use commands like goto
4. name variables like life or health if it is a life value of a unit or smthin. NEVER name variables like a, b, c...
5. use sub procedures, it makes your life easier.

i know this post is off-topic, but im working with vb for a year, and i learned some things.
hope it will prove usefull for you all.

btw,
NEVER steal some1's code. LEARN from it, and write it with your own hands, on your own way.
August 12, 2005, 4:55 PM
Forged
[quote author=Mr. Neo link=topic=12415.msg123208#msg123208 date=1123272613]
[quote author=Blaze link=topic=12415.msg123198#msg123198 date=1123267492]

[/quote]

I've got a copy of this OCX if anyone is interested in it.  It's just the OCX, no documentation or anything but it seems like it would be pretty self-explanatory.  If you want it, let me know and I can email it to your or something.
[/quote]

I think this aocx uses chronic's bnls id and pass as there is no option to set the id, and for some reason or another I can't seem to get past Connecting to BNLS
August 13, 2005, 3:51 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=SkullzeD link=topic=12415.msg124091#msg124091 date=1123865728]
1. Comment
   a. write why you made that part of code.
   b. write what the code is doing
   c. comment variables, for what they are for
4. name variables like life or health if it is a life value of a unit or smthin. NEVER name variables like a, b, c...
[/quote]
Interesting post in general.  Not going to say you're wrong, but I wanted to point out my disagreement with 2 of your 3 points of contention with comments.
Writing why you wrote a particular piece of code is worthwhile.  However, writing what a code snippet does is not necessary for several reasons.  Writing what code does 1.) can change as the code is updated, and 2.) a competent programmer should be able to understand what each line of it does.  The *why* should be the bigger purpose comment (for example, "This part of the subroutine updates the state of the object to ensure concurrency with the GUI"), whereas the "This line updates the object state value to match the GUI" is redundant and can be outdated if you come up with a better way to do things.  Finally, commenting variables as they are declared can also be redundant, provided that you used good naming techniques (your #4 note).

Otherwise generally good advice.
August 13, 2005, 7:15 PM

Search