Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | JSTR

AuthorMessageTime
David
Just looking for a little more information on the subject, probably should have searched the forums, which I will do next, nothing elaborate expected, but I see a few bots with client support, any that work?
August 2, 2005, 12:37 AM
Invert
Japanese version of Starcraft. Nothing more, nothing less.
August 2, 2005, 12:56 AM
JoeTheOdd
I've always wondered about this, what is different? Are the buttons and everything in Japanse too? And why (this doesn't have to do with gaming) did they need to make a seperate game.. AND a seperate logon sequence (and patches) for a simple language change?
August 29, 2005, 8:49 AM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Because there are hundreds of kana and three alphabets in Japanese.  Japanese systems are radically different from Western systems, which is why there is need for such changes.
September 1, 2005, 10:47 PM
Twix
Its pointless trying to use JSTR now of days it has so many restrictions it aint even funny
September 1, 2005, 10:50 PM
LoRd
[quote author=Joe[x86] link=topic=12405.msg125874#msg125874 date=1125305385]
I've always wondered about this, what is different? Are the buttons and everything in Japanse too?[/quote]

I don't know if it's because my language is currently set to English, but the majority of the buttons are infact in English.  The startup screen is in Japanese, the Battle.net events which cause display boxes (channel restricted, flooded, etc.) are in Japanese but the chat buttons are in English.  I believe the gaming is in Japanese as well, but I've never checked.

[quote]AND a seperate logon sequence for a simple language change?[/quote]

They didn't.  StarCraft: Japanese merely uses a very old version of the Battle.net binary protocol.
September 1, 2005, 10:58 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Most Japanese people understand at least basic english, mostly because it's taught as a mandatory course in their public schooling system for at least 1 or 2 years, and some english words are...lengthy when translated into Japanese, which probably explains the buttons.
September 3, 2005, 11:57 PM

Search