Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Thing-O-Rama ™ | How to use TightVNC

AuthorMessageTime
Dynobird
Hi I just dled TightVNC and I'm confused on how to use it. Can someone explain to me how to use it and what it does exactly? It seems that you have to create your own server and add clients to it but how does that tie in with accessing other computers? When you add the client do you type in the IP\Display\Port of the computer that you want to access? And when you create the server, do you create it on your own IP?
July 27, 2005, 9:03 PM
CrAz3D
Why would you download something & not know what it is?
July 27, 2005, 9:20 PM
Dynobird
I know what it does... accesses other computer. By asking "what does it do" I meant "how does it accomplish this".  So... do you create a server on the computer you want to acccess and then add yourself as a client? Or do you simply add the computer you want to access as a client on the server you created on that respective computer?
July 27, 2005, 9:32 PM
CrAz3D
server on one computer, client on another.  try to connect to the server computer with the client computer
July 27, 2005, 10:55 PM
iago
You install it on two computers.  On one of them, you run the server.  Give it a password and set any options you want.  By default, it uses port 5800 and 5900, so you have to open those in your firewall or router or whatever. 

Then on another computer, run the client.  Give it the ip of the other machine and hit ok.  It should connect to it and let you control everything. 
July 28, 2005, 2:13 AM

Search