Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | Turning Assbot into Binary bot?

AuthorMessageTime
ZeratulsDomain
I have used assbot in the past to collect user stats and it all worked out nicely. Now I want to use it in replacement with stealtboth in a private channel (so I have more control over it).

I have looked at coding it from scratch, although I do have some networking experience (high school cisco) I have never coded with winsock (I wouldn't even know how to send/receive raw packets (or is it simpler then that?)) That and I currently want to add features to a working bot as opposed to coding a bot.

Anyway... How hard would it be to change the assbot (FYI – it uses telnet) to be a <binary bot> (so I can join a clan channel)? I have been google'ing this and searching the forum for the past 2 days but haven't found what I was looking for...

Help would be appreciated.
July 25, 2005, 1:43 AM
Yegg
Well, if you want to create the code without being aided by other people's code, it could take a very long time, considering you don't know how to read packets (I am assuming). You would need to gather all necessary data to send to Battle.net by reading the packet logs and using bnetdocs.valhallalegends.com as a guide. MSDN should provide enough information on how to use Winsock controls, but other than that I would suggest learning how to read packets and learn how Battle.net sends and receives packets.
July 25, 2005, 2:07 AM
Tontow
Or you could use BG3 if you don't want to do any codeing.  http://www.bnetalliance.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=bg3
July 25, 2005, 3:39 AM
ZeratulsDomain
Yegg: I do half know how to read packets (I used to be able to identify the mac/ip destination/source along with the checksum and SYN and the actual message.)  I also partly understand how battle.net accepts its packets... I guess ill read up on winsock (though I always under the impression winsock could not send raw UDP packets in there hex form.)

Tontow: I was thinking about using BG3 if I could not get the bot to work. But bg3 seems to be down... There forums are down (including the link you gave) and the program keep asking me to update itself with the same update (I checked google cache and it looks like other people are having the same problem). Not to mention if I minimize it and tell it to <listen> it says the program has been altered:

[quote] [7:29:59 PM]Welcome To BG 3.5.7
[7:29:59 PM]<html>
<head>
<title>decry.net: The Leading Law Site on the Net</title>
</head>
<frameset cols="1,*" border=0>
  <frame name="top" src="/t.php?cat=law" scrolling=no frameborder=0 noresize framespacing=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0>
  <frame src="/search.php" scrolling="auto" framespacing=0 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 noresize>
</frameset>
<noframes>
This page requires frames.
</noframes>
</html>
[7:29:59 PM]Checking for updates...A new version is availiable.

When I minimize and listen.

[7:30:28 PM]Your Copy Of Bg Appears To Be Altered Or a program to change memory state is running. This action is not condoned! Please download a fresh copy from www.novaslp.net/bg3/ [/quote]

Looks like there domain name changed...
July 26, 2005, 12:11 AM
Tontow
Fome the link I gave
[quote]
On an attempt to make it easier for the users. I have made an installer, all you do is chose the destination file.

Destination File: Your BG3 folder.

Installer: Click Me

Change Log:
SC, SC:BW Verbyte changed to 0xCD.

Now updateing hashes is in your hands. I will not release any.

[/quote]
Update BG3.
July 26, 2005, 2:02 AM
Myndfyr
[quote author=ZeratulsDomain link=topic=12325.msg122004#msg122004 date=1122336682]
Yegg: I do half know how to read packets (I used to be able to identify the mac/ip destination/source along with the checksum and SYN and the actual message.)  I also partly understand how battle.net accepts its packets... I guess ill read up on winsock (though I always under the impression winsock could not send raw UDP packets in there hex form.)

Tontow: I was thinking about using BG3 if I could not get the bot to work. But bg3 seems to be down... There forums are down (including the link you gave) and the program keep asking me to update itself with the same update (I checked google cache and it looks like other people are having the same problem). Not to mention if I minimize it and tell it to <listen> it says the program has been altered:
[/quote]

What you know as "packets" from your Cisco classes are not the common (misused) terminology people are referring to here.  Most people are referring simply to chunks of TCP/IP data.

As of Windows XP SP2, you are no longer able to create raw packets with Winsock (you still could if you implemented your own networking stack).  However, Winsock's functions let you deal with the data on the wire at a more abstract level, handling the SYN/ACK requests and data transfers on its own, and giving you only buffers to work with back and forth for data only.  BnetDocs is an excellent resource, and its information pertains to information only in the data part of the TCP packets.

You do not need to use UDP to make a binary bot -- just TCP/IP.

BG3 has always been through http://www.novaslp.net/bg3/.  The link Yegg posted is inaccurate.

Note that packets are not in "hex" or "binary" form -- unless you decide to view their contents.  Read my post on endianness, as well as on hex and binary numeric representations (note that both posts are dead topics -- it'd be better to reply here regarding their contents).  It would also be worthwhile to read Arta's information for newcomers.

I'll warn you on this much though -- chances are good that unless Assbot was designed extremely well (unlikely), its telnet form will probably not be able to be converted with ease.  In other words, it'd probably be easier to go from scratch.
July 26, 2005, 2:20 AM
Spht
[quote author=MyndFyre link=topic=12325.msg122016#msg122016 date=1122344427]I'll warn you on this much though -- chances are good that unless Assbot was designed extremely well (unlikely), its telnet form will probably not be able to be converted with ease.  In other words, it'd probably be easier to go from scratch.[/quote]

Sadly everything Ickis writes is extremely orderly and professional, so the Telnet layer is probably designed in such a way that it can be inserted to another project with ease.  :)

I'd suggest doing it from scratch anyhow.  Use AssBot as a nice reference if you're unsure how to do something.
July 26, 2005, 3:45 PM

Search