Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Yay Lance

AuthorMessageTime
CrAz3D
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more/specials/tour_de_france/2005/07/24/armstrong.wins.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

7 years, crazy stuff.
July 24, 2005, 4:44 PM
DrivE
Armstrong is simply amazing. About 5 years ago I was watching the Tour and he's the man that got me into cycling. Its beyond comprehension how any person could push themselves as hard as he does, for as long as he has. I salute the man as a great inspiration and an American hero. Not to mention, he stuck it to the French.
July 24, 2005, 4:47 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
And with only 1 ball, too :D
July 24, 2005, 4:52 PM
iago
He once said "it felt like the petals weren't attached to anything".  This is going up/down/around at probably 35mph, and it feels like nothing? Jesus I wish I was elite like him!

July 24, 2005, 5:03 PM
hismajesty
Yeah, he's great. He's actually my grandfathers idol (my grandfather was/is a cyclist, when he was younger he had a shot at the olympics or something like that but his team didn't have enough money.) When Lance hosted the 100 mile bike ride in Texas (Ride for the Roses) for cancer my grandpa went and did it. I can't imagine what it was like for my grandfather, riding next to Lance Armstrong. My grandpa did the whole 100, which is pretty great considering his age. He's doing it again this October as well.
July 24, 2005, 5:09 PM
DrivE
I did the Tampa - Orland MS Ride this year for the first time but I hope to actually be competetive this coming year. Me and my friend are training for it by running the Suncoast Trail here in Florida.
July 24, 2005, 5:53 PM

Search