Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | WinXP and War2...

AuthorMessageTime
AnThRaX-SOI
Ok guys, I've gotten some help on my bot with War2 logon... I don't know what the deal is but if I let someone use it that is NOT running WinXP they can connect just fine... If they're using WinXP(like myself) then it won't connect and gets you ipbanned, can anyone explain or help out with this or has anyone had the same problem?

**NOTE**
I've also tried doing the "emulation" that WinXP has and it still doesn't work.
May 4, 2003, 7:52 PM
Camel
you'll have to be more specific
i can't see any reason at all that it would be because of xp; more likely something else that just happens to only be different on your computer.
May 4, 2003, 8:05 PM
tA-Kane
Anthrax, packetlogs are useful.
May 4, 2003, 9:25 PM
AnThRaX-SOI
Ok, I could give a packet log if someone gives me a "good" packetlogger name... I'll dl one and post logs if I can get some help from it.
May 5, 2003, 12:07 AM
tA-Kane
[quote author=AnThRaX-SOI link=board=17;threadid=1229;start=0#msg9165 date=1052093259]I could give a packet log if someone gives me a "good" packetlogger name.[/quote]People here often talk about Ethereal and Windows Packet Editor (WPE). Do a search on google.
May 5, 2003, 1:24 AM
Camel
[quote author=tA-Kane link=board=17;threadid=1229;start=0#msg9169 date=1052097899]
[quote author=AnThRaX-SOI link=board=17;threadid=1229;start=0#msg9165 date=1052093259]I could give a packet log if someone gives me a "good" packetlogger name.[/quote]People here often talk about Ethereal and Windows Packet Editor (WPE). Do a search on google.
[/quote]
or a search on the forum
May 5, 2003, 2:19 AM
Arta
If you're packetlogging your own application, it's generally more convinient just to add code to your send/recv routines that formats the data into readable hex and dumps it to a file. Assuming, that is, that you can make it bug-free ;)
May 5, 2003, 6:14 PM
FuzZ
[quote author=Arta[vL] link=board=17;threadid=1229;start=0#msg9198 date=1052158455]
If you're packetlogging your own application, it's generally more convinient just to add code to your send/recv routines that formats the data into readable hex and dumps it to a file. Assuming, that is, that you can make it bug-free ;)
[/quote]

yea, it's a bit late on the post.
But, I think on the BotDev (http://botdev.valhallalegends.com) site, Grok has posted a DebugOutput function that gives a nice hex dump of data.

Edit-> Wrong vL member :-X
Edit-> Again Link
http://botdev.valhallalegends.com/documents/vbdebugoutput.html

Assuming you're using VB6
May 17, 2004, 6:52 PM

Search