Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Excess of Grok | University of Florida prediction thread

AuthorMessageTime
DarkMinion
Schedule (and my picks):

DATE  OPPONENT
09/03 Wyoming W
09/10 La Tech W
09/17 Tennessee L
09/24 at Kentucky W
10/01 at Alabama W
10/08 Miss St W
10/15 at LSU L
10/29 Georgia W
11/05 Vanderbilt W
11/12 at S Carolina L - Spurrier upset pick!
11/26 Florida St  W

Thoughts:  Urban's first season will not produce the great results that are expected, but given a year or two Florida will explode.
July 15, 2005, 12:05 AM
DrivE
University of Florida (SEC) :: 2005 Schedule
DATE  OPPONENT
09/03 Wyoming W
09/10 La Tech W
09/17 Tennessee W
09/24 at Kentucky W
10/01 at Alabama W
10/08 Miss St W
10/15 at LSU W
10/29 Georgia W
11/05 Vanderbilt W
11/12 at S Carolina W
11/26 Florida St  W

Blurb: As a Gator, I had to promise a win over Florida State this year, and its not like it couldn't realistically happen. As far as the reast of it goes, Tennessee won't get lucky on bad calls this season, those punks are going down. Gotta look at some of the SEC teams and what happend to them... so we'll know soon. In all seriousness, passion as a fan aside, I don't see any reason why the Gators shouldn't be able to go perfect this season, but just as with everything else we'll just have to wait and see.
July 15, 2005, 2:16 AM
DrivE
Now don't anyone freak out, I honestly expect the Gators to loose a game (possibly two, depending on how the SEC championship game goes) but I have no idea who the loss will go to. No, I'm not predicting a perfect season.
July 15, 2005, 2:19 AM
DarkMinion
The only reason I want to put your team at 2-4 losses is: new coach.  Even if it is Urban Meyer.  A new coach almost always leads to a down year.
July 15, 2005, 4:53 PM
DrivE
You're right, coahces do seem to lead to down years. But not Urban Meyer. I don't want to be an Urban Freak, but I'm just saying. Its like I said, I don't expect to go undefeated I just don't know who will beat us.
July 15, 2005, 9:20 PM
nslay
eww University of Florida :(
I go to FSU, so you can understand my sentiment.
Hey, if you ever need tickets, we can work something out :)
July 15, 2005, 9:39 PM
DarkMinion
I meant to say a coach from a small school goes up to a big school and there's always a down year.  Period.  I'm sorry, Hazard, but Urban Meyer is human...
July 15, 2005, 10:59 PM
DrivE
Its like I said, we'll see.
July 15, 2005, 11:25 PM
Grok
University of Florida (SEC) :: 2005 Schedule
DATE  OPPONENT
09/03 Wyoming W
09/10 La Tech W
09/17 Tennessee W
09/24 at Kentucky W
10/01 at Alabama W
10/08 Miss St L
10/15 at LSU L
10/29 Georgia W
11/05 Vanderbilt W
11/12 at S Carolina W
11/26 Florida St  W

I think Urban Meyer will be introduced to SEC football in a rude way his first year, as shown above.
September 1, 2005, 5:32 AM
DarkMinion
I would worry about that game @ South Carolina too
September 1, 2005, 6:27 AM
DarkMinion
Seems that Urban is human after all...
October 2, 2005, 12:28 AM
Grok
I was a week off :)  Never saw this coming preseason.  Bama is actually good.
October 2, 2005, 6:13 AM
DrivE
Like I said, I expected a loss at some point. Alabama looks good, the Gators looked HORRIBLE. Oh well! In college football there's always still next week ;).
October 3, 2005, 1:03 PM
DarkMinion
...as I expected, the Florida offense is not quite in sync yet with Meyer's system.  Blind faith is Hazard's mistake here...with a new system there is almost always a dropoff.  Especially with an unorthodox system like Meyer's.
October 17, 2005, 7:43 AM
DrivE
I dunno, the system worked okay vs. Georgia didn't it?
October 31, 2005, 1:27 AM
DarkMinion
Funny how you never respond until your team actually does something good.  And btw, Georgia wins that game with Shockley.  You're still a coward who will never address a real point.
October 31, 2005, 9:58 PM
Grok
Hazard, come on man.  If you want to be a good fan of UF, be a good sport too.  Not just when your own favorite team wins or loses, but try to learn about other teams, especially those of your friends or acquaintances.  Otherwise you're always in one sided conversations where all you can say is "UF rocks, your team sucks."  That lasts about 1 post and gets old.
November 1, 2005, 3:28 AM
DrivE
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=12223.msg132408#msg132408 date=1130795928]
Funny how you never respond until your team actually does something good.  And btw, Georgia wins that game with Shockley.  You're still a coward who will never address a real point.
[/quote]

Aww, would you like some cheese with your whine DarkMinion? Thats college football. "With so and so they win." "If this had happend they'd be in the BCS Championship." Boo fucking hoo. Shockley wasn't there and Georgia went down. Live with it. I could come back and say "If Texas Tech was any good they would have beaten Texas" if I just wanted to take a shot at your team.
November 6, 2005, 5:50 PM
DarkMinion
Or maybe, "if Florida was good, they wouldn't let Vanderbilt take them to overtime at home."

And by the way, Georgia still wins that game with Shockley.  UF sucks.
November 7, 2005, 3:26 AM
Grok
Hehe yes but not the football team.  Just Gators in general! :)

All the Florida schools are just "good" this year.  I'll have to watch UFlorida recruiting to see if they have as much up-side potential as both FSU and Miami do with their younger star classes.  UF should be competing now with what they have and they're not any better than Miami or FSU, while those two schools were expected to have "bad" years, relatively.
November 7, 2005, 4:10 AM
DrivE
Lets play the "what ifs" game with college football. Without bogus calls Florida beats Tennessee last year. With a less-sure tackle Notre Dame upsets USC this year. Without more bogus calls Florida beats Vanderbilt in regulation. Lets play what ifs all day!

As for the Vandy game, you should pay more attention to the SEC instead of spending all day trolling the Texas Tech practice fields and take a look at the Vandy team. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. Florida won, enough said. Don't be bitter son.
November 9, 2005, 3:14 AM
DarkMinion
Yeah, Vanderbilt is awesome.  Just because they're in the SEC.  You rule. ::)
November 9, 2005, 7:34 AM
DarkMinion
Alabama FUCKING SMOKED you guys.
November 9, 2005, 7:35 AM
Grok
Haha :)
November 9, 2005, 6:20 PM
DrivE
[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=12223.msg133283#msg133283 date=1131521737]
Alabama FUCKING SMOKED you guys.
[/quote]

Yes, and look at where they are. BCS Contreversy bound?

[quote author=DarkMinion link=topic=12223.msg133282#msg133282 date=1131521672]
Yeah, Vanderbilt is awesome.  Just because they're in the SEC.  You rule. ::)
[/quote]

To quote Grok "You obviously haven't watched a minute of their games."

Oh yea, DarkMinion, I decided to play more of the "what if" game with you since you've clung to that with our win over Georgia:

What if Hawaii had won one more game during the season where USC got held out of the BCS championship game? What if Willis Magahee hadn't blown out his knees in the title game between Miami and Ohio State? What if Jason White had not been injured two years ago before the Big 10 title game and had gone into both that game and the championship game healthy? What if there was a playoff system instead of computer geeks deciding the national championship game?

Here are the answers for you DarkMinion:
1. USC would have been in the Sugar Bowl instead of LSU.
2. Magahee would have played the OT's. Could he have been a difference maker?
3. Might Jason White have played 100% and thrown for 350 yards and 5 touchdowns?
4. Auburn would have had a fair shot at the title game, and probably would have been there.

What if's don't matter. The records show that LSU were the shared champs with USC. Ohio State won the national title. Jason White had a miserable game and lost both the Big 10 title game and the national title. Auburn got screwed and never even had the chance to play for a title. You can say "if this had happend" all you want but there is no explaination in the record books. Will there be a little star next to "University of Florida 14, Georgia 10" that says *Without starting Quarterback D.J. Shockley? No. There won't. Get over it and stop whining.
November 10, 2005, 2:04 PM
Grok
Incredible, college football talk from Hazard.  You go man, your best post ever!

Welcome to the forum whoever you are.  And what did you do with Hazard?
November 10, 2005, 6:13 PM
DarkMinion
[quote]Yes, and look at where they are. BCS Contreversy bound?[/quote]

Exactly my point...look where the team that beat us is...MNC bound.

Btw, great post dude.
November 10, 2005, 10:10 PM
Douglas
  Erhm. Yes, Florida seems to be doing, well. Its sort of a given to be a gator fan where  I live.
Urban Meyer, I forget who posted last that he is being introduced into the SEC; but yes, give him
some time to get adjusted, Utah plays nothing like Florida.

Hazard : Your an alumni or?
December 17, 2005, 3:29 AM
DarkMinion
[quote]Yes, and look at where they are. BCS Contreversy bound?[/quote]

I guess we'll see how good they are Jan. 2
December 17, 2005, 9:16 PM

Search