Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | 0x43 from Battle.net !?

AuthorMessageTime
Snor
I'm not asking for help here, so don't worry :D

I have made a WarCraft III bot in python, and I just started implementing profile reading.

I sent the 0x44 to battle.net and it returned a 0x43 which I cannot find documented anywhere! I've only got this once, unfortunately I wasn't running a packet sniffer at the time but my bot outputs all the message IDs sent and received at the command line - so i have no way of ever knowing what was in it!

Has anyone else managed to get this elusive 0x43 message? I can't seem to reproduce exactly what I sent to get that back, and if I did then battle.net clearly doesn't want to send me it again! Any ideas about it?
July 10, 2005, 11:32 AM
UserLoser.
I think it's something about the matchmaking system is going offline and you cannot start any ladder games or something like that...not sure why it'd be there when requesting a profile though.
July 10, 2005, 12:07 PM
Snor
Hmm, I see. Maybe it was a coincidence that I got it immediately after sending the 0x44 then. I never did get a 0x44 reply though, but then my code may not have been working at that point. Thanks for the reply, anyway.
July 10, 2005, 2:39 PM
Kp
For the future, you might want to implement something to record unhandled messages in full.  You could just write them to a file raw and let the user read it back in later, if you don't want to bother with writing a dump function.
July 10, 2005, 4:34 PM

Search