Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | SEXP/STAR Connection Issue.

AuthorMessageTime
LordNevar
Recently after being away for sometime now I decided to work on my bot, and came upon an interesting dilema. My bot uses both style logins from Hashes to BNLS. So with the thought in mind, I waited for BNLS to update accordingly, and they did. Than I decided to go ahead and update the verbyte for the hash connection, and it worked just fine, sort of. When I log on normally with STAR all goes well, but anytime I try to log on with SEXP it gives invalid version. No it's not my coding cause it all worked fine, and besides the verbyte I didn't change it, and it's not just the hash connection it does the same thing for the BNLS sequence as well. Starcraft works just fine, but anytime I try to use Expansion it gives me my little error. If anyone has any ideas on why this is doing this your input is much appreciated.
July 8, 2005, 8:58 AM
UserLoser.
Sounds like you need to follow these simple guidelines:

You can:
[li]Use Starcraft game files for Starcraft version check[/li]
[li]Use Brood War game files for both Starcraft and Brood War version check[/li]
[br]
You cannot use Starcraft game files for a Brood War version check

BNLS version check for Brood War is Ok.  Something is braindamaged on your side.
July 8, 2005, 9:03 AM
LordNevar
Thanxs for your help UserLoser but it was not needed, I don't know what was causing the problem, and did nothing to fix it just left it alone and it just started working correctly. Thanxs again though for your input, was appreciated anyways :)
July 11, 2005, 4:22 AM
LivedKrad
Sometimes after going away for awhile I forget how I set up my configuration and pathing for game files. When that happens, the hashing functions and checkrevision have trouble finding the proper files for versioning. However, that doesn't explain the BNLS issue, oh well.
July 11, 2005, 5:14 AM
dRAgoN
Its possible that it may be a server problem.
I have recieved an invalid version with the game client (brood wars) itself a few times now since the update, after a few times relogging in it finaly let me on.
July 11, 2005, 7:43 AM
Topaz
I had that same issue as well, it stopped happening after I stopped resolving to useast.battle.net, and connected to the various IP addresses instead.
July 11, 2005, 3:15 PM
LordNevar
[quote author=Topaz link=topic=12139.msg120158#msg120158 date=1121094948]
I had that same issue as well, it stopped happening after I stopped resolving to useast.battle.net, and connected to the various IP addresses instead.
[/quote]

This informtaion is correct, after going through battle.net's server list and checking this against all there servers from useast.battle.net I have noticed that 63.240.202.138, 63.240.202.131, 63.240.202.126 cause this invalid game version issue with Starcraft Expansion logins. All other servers log Starcraft and Broodwars just fine, but these servers will give you an invalid version.
July 11, 2005, 5:23 PM
Scope
I had that exact problem when updating Myriad for the new patch. It was random when Brood War just decided it was not a valid game version, and wouldn't work, So I'd switch to regular StarCraft, and in about 5-10 minutes, retry Brood War, and miraculously, it would decide to work. I'm guessing this is just a universal bug that could even be in Brood War's new game patch.
July 13, 2005, 5:54 PM

Search