Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Happy fourth!

AuthorMessageTime
Archonist
Happy fourth of july, everyone.  :)
July 4, 2005, 12:59 PM
CrAz3D
whoo hoo!
Thanks, you too
July 4, 2005, 3:44 PM
KkBlazekK
No happy first ehh?  Happy Fourth of July to all Americans.
July 4, 2005, 3:46 PM
CrAz3D
Happy First?
July 4, 2005, 3:50 PM
shout
Omg today is the fourth? Look at how much I don't care!
July 4, 2005, 3:51 PM
CrAz3D
...?
hmm,time to find an old post
July 4, 2005, 3:59 PM
KkBlazekK
[quote author=CrAz3D link=topic=12066.msg118812#msg118812 date=1120492255]
Happy First?
[/quote]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Day
July 4, 2005, 4:02 PM
Archonist
It's not my fault you canadians are too incompetent to make a thread for yourselves. (joking, ofcourse.  :))

I just organized the fireworks for tonights show, all I have to say is wow. I should take pictures.
July 4, 2005, 4:07 PM
Yoni
Happy Yoni's 19th birthday plus one!
July 4, 2005, 5:51 PM
CrAz3D
[quote author=Yoni link=topic=12066.msg118847#msg118847 date=1120499493]
Happy Yoni's 19th birthday plus one!
[/quote]OMG!
'tis Yoni's day-after-birthday-day
Happy belated birffday Yoni!
July 4, 2005, 5:57 PM
KkBlazekK
Happy Late Birthday Yoni!
July 4, 2005, 6:16 PM
Myndfyr
This is a pretty funny story, so :P

My church recently moved.  We no longer meet at the Minder Binders bar & grill on University and McClintock anymore, because they're remodeling during the summer.  We've moved to the ACME Roadhouse bar & grill on University & Rural.  This Sunday was the 2nd Sunday we've been there, and I wasn't quite sure where it was yet.

So after I passed Apache going north, I knew it would be on the right side of the street, but I couldn't remember how far (Apache is a half-mile south of University -- it's 35 mph there).  There was a car turning right ahead of me, but I wasn't paying attention (because I was looking for the bar).  I hit my brakes, pretty hard, and managed to stop before I hit the guy in front of me.  As I breathed a sigh of relief, that I knew I wasn't going to hit him, I checked my rearview mirror -- and thought, "Nope!  She's going to hit me."  So I held the brake as hard as I could, to make sure I didn't go into the guy in front of me, and we collided.  We pulled into a McDonalds just up the road.

There was VERY little damage to my car.  She maybe hit me going 10 mph more than I was moving, so it wasn't a big deal.  Her front bumper didn't fare as well -- mostly crunched-up paint and maybe some structural damage.  I drive an Oldsmobile Regency (the tank), and she had a Ford Focus.

As it turns out, she was just getting off of the phone with her dad, who had said, "Well, I better let you go before you drive off the road."  She was reassuring him and had just hung up when she hit me.  LOL

Anyway, I got her insurance/drivers license and phone number.  Everyone involved is okay, so that's good.  But now I might call her up and ask her out.  :)

Yesterday, for the Fourth, I went tubing down the Salt River with some friends.  That was fun - I'd never been there.  Went from Point 1 to Point 4.  If you've ever seen the Blue Collar Comedy tour, that's the same Salt River that Ron White talks about:

"We floated down the river for six hours drinkin' beer, not one person had to pee.  I'd like to think that my friends wouldn't pee on themselves.  I know I would.  Just paddle up to somebody.  Talk to em while you're peein' on yourself.  That's relaxed right there."

But that was fun notwithstanding.  :)

Anyway, what'd you guys do?
July 5, 2005, 7:24 PM
Disco
My sister had a Bar-b-que (it was really all stovetop cooking, but you get the idea) and my dad made way to much food so now we have all these left over burgers, chips, and brownies.

As for fireworks, we were going to set off some we had from last year because my mom had to work last year and we wanted to save some for her, but we never got around to it. So we were going to use those but my mom had to work again  so i have no idea when we will ever actually use them :P. And with my mom at work and my sister packing for her trip to England for some summer course, my dad and i decided to go to the county stadium and watch their fireworks, wich turned out to be really fun.
July 5, 2005, 7:50 PM
DrivE
America, fuck yea.
July 5, 2005, 7:51 PM
Yoni
(MyndFyre) Was she hot?
See also: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-08-23
July 5, 2005, 7:58 PM
Myndfyr
[quote author=Yoni link=topic=12066.msg119036#msg119036 date=1120593507]
(MyndFyre) Was she hot?
See also: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-08-23
[/quote]

IDK about "hot" but she was pretty damn cute.
July 5, 2005, 8:01 PM
CrAz3D
Yoni said hot, hee hee.  Anyways, cool Myndfyre, hope the date (if accepted) goes well.  That'd be really awkward on her part to say no to you after she just crashed into your car.

My 4th:
Drove into town around 1pm to get bday present for my friend..NO TRAFFIC @ ALL! WHOO.  Went to friend's bday bbq @ 6pm, went to watch city fireworks from ontop of our flood control dam.  They stared @ 10pm we were bored @ 945pm until 1050pm when we were @ my house.  Best part of the city show was one shell exploded too early (again!) & hit a few houses (unfortunately it wasn't as big & bad as last year's screw up).
@ m house we lit off a bunch of artillery shells we had...one my friends is an idiot & put a 2 stage shell into the canon tube upside down.  Once lit stage 1 blew the canon apart the stage 2 shot towards us & nailed another friend after exploding.  Later on that evening a third friend decided to light 2 artillery canons next to each other.  The launch blast from the first knocked the 2nd over...the 2nd shot near us & exploded...I was really paranoid most of the time we were lighting things :(
July 5, 2005, 9:26 PM

Search