Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Visual Basic Programming | vbSkinner Pro

AuthorMessageTime
QwertyMonster
Has anybody heard of this or got it? I've got it.

About: It brings a nice new feel to things, like a dark look and it changes the actual shape, buttons and everything.

Its a very nice .ocx for a good visual basic project. Has anybody got it?

To download it: http://www.visual-basic.com.ar/
July 2, 2005, 8:39 PM
Mangix
you do realize that anyone can make those skins in Photoshop and C++ right? but its still a good skin for people that put themes on their comps.

my opinion about themes is that they are gay. cept ones made by Microsoft :P.
July 3, 2005, 2:02 AM
Quarantine
What YOU fail to realize is the complexity of implementing skinning in Visual Basic -- or in almost any language as Microsoft iirc has NOT released a standard for skinning applications.

God.
July 3, 2005, 2:29 AM
KkBlazekK
He doesn't even understand that it is just for that form not all of windows, so why would he understand anything else?
July 3, 2005, 3:43 AM
QwertyMonster
Mangix yes i do relise that. But i just thought those "styles / themes" looked nice, so i was being grateful and shared that program i found. Jesus Christ. Lol :P
July 3, 2005, 9:06 AM
Mangix
[quote author=Warrior link=topic=12050.msg118590#msg118590 date=1120357751]
What YOU fail to realize is the complexity of implementing skinning in Visual Basic -- or in almost any language as Microsoft iirc has NOT released a standard for skinning applications.

God.
[/quote]
why would anyone even want to make skins for VB? skins suck.
July 3, 2005, 3:00 PM
shout
[quote author=Mangix link=topic=12050.msg118645#msg118645 date=1120402859]
why would anyone even want to make skins for VB? skins suck.
[/quote]

Why do you keep posting things that have no techicnal or argumental value?
July 3, 2005, 3:09 PM
Mangix
its called sharing my opinion. of course if your donkey brain was able to figure that out, then i would have to bow down to you.
July 5, 2005, 4:19 AM
KkBlazekK
Nobody cares about your opinion.  People might care about UserLosers or MyndFyres, but not yours.
July 5, 2005, 5:13 AM
shout
[quote author=Mangix link=topic=12050.msg118932#msg118932 date=1120537162]
its called sharing my opinion. of course if your donkey brain was able to figure that out, then i would have to bow down to you.
[/quote]

<sarcasm>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA</sarcasm>

Dumbass.
July 5, 2005, 3:15 PM
FrOzeN
Skin's are awesome to have when making something like a chat program.

I tried adding skin's to a Visual Basic program by creating picture box's around the form and then using the MouseOver & MouseDown/Up event's to make the images change on hovering and clicks. But Visual Basic is really in-efficient for skinning and creates alot of flicking when changing the picture.

This program is ok to do it, except it only does the forms, and it's not really worth having a program half skinned and still using dodgy Windows Style Buttons etc..

If you wanted to do skinning in Visual Basic properally, you would have to go deep into the Win32 API, mainly with gdi32.dll.
July 7, 2005, 3:00 AM
Ringo
[quote author=FrOzeN link=topic=12050.msg119384#msg119384 date=1120705225]
Skin's are awesome to have when making something like a chat program.

I tried adding skin's to a Visual Basic program by creating picture box's around the form and then using the MouseOver & MouseDown/Up event's to make the images change on hovering and clicks. But Visual Basic is really in-efficient for skinning and creates alot of flicking when changing the picture.
[/quote]
Alot of the flickering is due to clash's with back ground colors and masking colors from the image and between the images masking/back ground colors clashing with the back ground colors of the form/picture box.
But you are right, VB has to be the worst language for loading images :(

A few nice things to look into for this would be;
setwindowlong
SetLayeredwindowattributes
LoadImage
GetDC
UpdateWindow
CreateCompatibleDc
ReleaseDC
Alphablend
WindowFromDC
and a fair few others