Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development |  BNLS Suggestion

AuthorMessageTime
JoeTheOdd
Completely ignore this if its already implemented. I would have PMed you, but I don't know if I should have sent it to Skywing or Yoni, and I wanted community input.

Every five minutes or so, BNLS could log on to Battle.net and log off using each protocol. Why? To see if it can. If it can't, it will need to be updated. I've heard that Skywing has already implemented this in a project, so it should be.. not easy, but possible. Just download the MPQ file it specifys and patch the EXE's. Anyhow, just an idea, so BNLS doesn't need to be manually updated. As an alternative for logging on, perhaps we could have a BNLS_OUTDATED packet? Of course, then people will write crap bots to always send it. So yeah, how about it?
July 1, 2005, 7:41 PM
UserLoser.
There's more to it than just patching the executable files.  I don't think it logging on every 5 minutes (or at all) would even be necessary since there's already people who are on top of things like this.
July 1, 2005, 7:50 PM
HdxBmx27
I'd just suggest that they give out a few more accounts that are able to update it. To some people who are not obsessed by WoW. Who has access to update BNLS as of right now? Of corse don't give it to anyone they don't compleetly trust. And i'm pretty sure they log it all.. So they can see if someone has abused there powers. :/ I think thats better then logging in every 5 mins.
~-~(HDX)~-~
July 1, 2005, 8:04 PM
KkBlazekK
5 minutes? Pffft, how about every 2 hours? I thought there already was some sort of auto-update thing, or does someone know what I'm thinking of?
July 1, 2005, 8:17 PM
UserLoser.
As far as I know, Skywing, Yoni, and Spht are the only ones able to patch BNLS.  Both BNLS and BinaryChat have the ability to patch their selves for game patches.  BinaryChat is the only thing out there which does it on it's own, while BNLS has to be told to patch.
July 1, 2005, 8:39 PM
Lenny
You use the phrase 'out there' very loosely.....

Seems the hardest part is getting the verByte...
July 1, 2005, 9:22 PM
HdxBmx27
Speaking of that, Does anyone know where the VerByte is stored? So it could be gotten without packetlogging?
~-~(HDX)~-~
July 1, 2005, 10:44 PM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Lenny link=topic=12040.msg118421#msg118421 date=1120252959]

[/quote]

Your bot automatically downloads the MPQ, extracts, follows the patch script given, then patches the binaries?  If the answer is no, then you obviously don't know what the hard part is since the version byte can be obtained much easier...

By the way, AFAIK means 'As far as I know'
July 2, 2005, 12:53 AM
Lenny
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=12040.msg118451#msg118451 date=1120265619]

[/quote]

Your bot automatically downloads the MPQ, extracts, follows the patch script given, then patches the binaries?  If the answer is no, then you obviously don't know what the hard part is since the version byte can be obtained much easier...

[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure how you interpreted my post, but I was referring to the fact that BC isn't 'out there'.  AFAIK, it was never made public. 

Also not exactly sure why AFAIK is explained at the bottom.  But it wasn't a waste  ;)
July 2, 2005, 1:36 AM
KkBlazekK
You remember correctly.
July 2, 2005, 1:42 AM
UserLoser.
[quote author=Lenny link=topic=12040.msg118456#msg118456 date=1120268198]
[quote author=UserLoser link=topic=12040.msg118451#msg118451 date=1120265619]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure how you interpreted my post, but I was referring to the fact that BC isn't 'out there'.  AFAIK, it was never made public. 

Also not exactly sure why AFAIK is explained at the bottom.  But it wasn't a waste  ;)
[/quote]

Ah, ok.  I thought you meant something else and maybe didn't understand/didn't know that I said AFAIK :p
July 2, 2005, 2:12 AM

Search