Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | refreashing channel user list (non blns/binary)

AuthorMessageTime
Tontow
My channel user list isn't perfict and bnetdocs is down so I cant look it up >:( .

How do you retreave or refreash a channel user list when useing CHAT? (protocol byte Chr(3))
June 30, 2005, 10:54 PM
Networks
[quote author=Tontow link=topic=12033.msg118259#msg118259 date=1120172056]
My channel user list isn't perfict and bnetdocs is down so I cant look it up >:( .

How do you retreave or refreash a channel user list when useing CHAT? (protocol byte Chr(3))
[/quote]

I don't even think bnetdocs even has anything information on CHAT. It's freaking plain-text god damn. (I think)
June 30, 2005, 10:57 PM
NicoQwertyu
When you join a new channel (1007), you clear the list.  When you recieve 1001 USER you add a user to the list.  When someone joins (1002) you add them to the list.  When someone leaves (1003) you remove them from the list. It's simple.  It has nothing to do with "refreashing" the list.
June 30, 2005, 11:12 PM
Tontow
[quote author=NicoQwertyu link=topic=12033.msg118265#msg118265 date=1120173120]
When you join a new channel (1007), you clear the list.  When you recieve 1001 USER you add a user to the list.  When someone joins (1002) you add them to the list.  When someone leaves (1003) you remove them from the list. It's simple.  [/quote]

Yes and no, When you first connect, sometimes you receve 1001 USER befor receveing 1007,
and
I have all "/commands" routed through my antiflood so if someone joins the channel befor the command is sent to bnet I'll end up with an extra user in the list.  So, it isn't quite that simple.

Also, I want to be able to refreash the list without leaveing the channel. - You could join another random and empty channel, then join the channel that you where just in, but you would lose ops (if you had ops in the first place). Or, for some reason, the list could possabley not be displaying everyone correctly.
June 30, 2005, 11:31 PM
Kp
Your ops argument is erroneous, since any channel in which you could have operator status is inaccessible to chat clients.  If users are appearing before you enter the channel, that's a server bug.  If it's happening on battle.net, too bad.  Nobody uses chat protocol for anything serious anymore.  If it's happening on TestBNCS, report it as a bug.  If it's happening on any other third-party server, complain at the operator to run TestBNCS instead.

Also, what's blns?
July 1, 2005, 12:02 AM
Tontow
[quote author=Kp link=topic=12033.msg118270#msg118270 date=1120176174]
Your ops argument is erroneous, since any channel in which you could have operator status is inaccessible to chat clients. 
Also, what's blns?
[/quote]

Happens on battlenet, but I figur it could also happen on a private server where chat channels could be accessable.  Eather way (bnet or private server) a minor server bug like that isn't going to be fixed, so I have to do something to deal with the server's bug....

and blns is used in the process of binary logons if you dont want to hash and do other stuff locally. (to log on as a game client)

Also, we could spend years fighting about this OR we could come up with an anwser.........
July 1, 2005, 12:21 AM
Tontow
opps typo.  ::)

[quote]sometimes you receve 1001 USER befor receveing 1007,[/quote]

Thus, I decided to clear the channel list when someone types /j /join and hits send.
July 1, 2005, 1:12 AM
Kp
[quote author=Tontow link=topic=12033.msg118273#msg118273 date=1120177313]Happens on battlenet, but I figur it could also happen on a private server where chat channels could be accessable.  Eather way (bnet or private server) a minor server bug like that isn't going to be fixed, so I have to do something to deal with the server's bug....[/quote]

I think it's quite likely that it will be fixed on a private server.  TestBNCS is the only serious private server which isn't open source (afaik - if Arta's released it, I missed the notice!).  Arta seems to be quite active in addressing defects in TestBNCS, and you could fix any server for which the source was available.  As for its occurence on battle.net: while certainly possible in theory, I doubt such bugs until I've seen definitive proof that it isn't a client-side bug.  Hint: present a packet dump. :)

[quote author=Tontow link=topic=12033.msg118273#msg118273 date=1120177313]and blns is used in the process of binary logons if you dont want to hash and do other stuff locally. (to log on as a game client)[/quote]

So you're telling me there's yet another BNLS clone?  We already have JBLS and iago's Java remote computation server (which is essentially BNLS without support for the operations which require "secret" data, like password/cdkey).  I think we finally lost the silly BNLS-proxy service somebody was running to steal account info, though.

[quote author=Tontow link=topic=12033.msg118273#msg118273 date=1120177313]Also, we could spend years fighting about this OR we could come up with an anwser.........[/quote]

Or I could come up with an answer and continue to respond to what was written, not what was meant.  You've been around long enough that you ought to know by now that: 1) I don't make such silly sounding posts without good reason and 2) poor spelling tends to bring trouble upon you.
July 1, 2005, 1:22 AM
Tontow
[quote]So you're telling me there's yet another BNLS clone?  We already have JBLS and iago's Java remote computation server (which is essentially BNLS without support for the operations which require "secret" data, like password/cdkey).  I think we finally lost the silly BNLS-proxy service somebody was running to steal account info, though.[/quote]

[quote]Or I could come up with an answer and continue to respond to what was written, not what was meant.  You've been around long enough that you ought to know by now that: 1) I don't make such silly sounding posts without good reason and 2) poor spelling tends to bring trouble upon you. [/quote]

There was another post above my last one that pointed out my typo (l and n got switched in BNLS)

[quote]Or I could come up with an answer [/quote]

(Sarcasm)Oh what a wonderful and brilliant idea; do you think you could actually do just that?(/Sarcasm)

[quote]I think it's quite likely that it will be fixed on a private server.[/quote]

But its not a certainty that it will be fixed.
July 1, 2005, 3:41 AM
JoeTheOdd
/who <channel>
July 1, 2005, 5:37 AM

Search