Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [C#] Idea -- Lost...

AuthorMessageTime
Insolence
[NOTE: I'm a novice here, just speculation; no work is done]

I think I have a great idea for a new bot project, 'Scripting for Battle.Net' or 'SBN'.  If you've been playing Diablo II recently (or botting rather) you've probably ran into D2BotNet (www.d2botnet.com).  It is a C# based botting library (I suppose that's what you'd call it) for Diablo II, I'd like to create something like this for Battle.Net.

Basically all I need to make is a terminal for the end user, and a nice healthy API to take out almost ALL of the packet/such work off of the developers.  I'll just feed each recieved string into an object and each 'plugin' or 'assembly' will act based on that input.  The end user decides which assemblies will be running, I suppose you could have one for opping/tournaments/chatting/etc.

I'm going to be gone for about 5 days, that should be enough time for this thread to degrade into myself looking like an ass for having another dumb idea.  Anyway, as I noted, nothing is done on this; I hardly know how to connect to battle.net, I'm desperately looking for some source to learn from.  (MindFrye, I'm looking at you :))
June 27, 2005, 7:04 AM
Archangel
Please people!!! Read Information for newcomers:
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=9278.0

About the source code thing; many sites got source codes like:
http://zeroforce.net
June 29, 2005, 4:27 AM
Networks
[quote author=Archangel link=topic=11989.msg118014#msg118014 date=1120019235]
Please people!!! Read Information for newcomers:
https://davnit.net/bnet/vL/phpbbs/index.php?topic=9278.0

About the source code thing; many sites got source codes like:
http://zeroforce.net
[/quote]

Thanks for the plug but I don't think he needs source code. I am programmer learning C# currently and I'd like to contribute whatever I can.

Here's what he's talking about so you don't have to go to the site:

[quote]
What is botNET
botNET is a new botting system. It is much like d2jsp or d2bs in that it is extendable thru scripts, but it is not based on javascript. botNET is based on the .NET framework, and as such, you can write bots or libs in any .NET language including but not limted to C#, C++, VB, JScript, Python.NET, Perl.NET, etc.

With it being based on a compiled language it runs far faster than any other botting system of the past. Current tests show it to be anywhere from 50 - 100 x faster than any others.

Developing Bots and libs for botNET is quite simple too, no need for illegal software (vs.net). You can download the .NET framework SDK, which is free from microsoft, and then download SharpDevelop which is a 100% free opensource IDE for VB and C#. I will provide links below. Simply refernce the library dll in your project and start developing. I will be writing up a developers guide as time permits.

Our plan is for botNET to be free for anyone to download and use. Any bot dll's a developer makes and would like to host on our new site to come, would need to submit source code to us for our reviewers to parse through and compile. This ensures that any Bot dll's are not intentionally malicious.

With the introduction of .NET into a botting system it gives us a great deal of power. Ever wanted an email client in diablo, no prob. Want your irc in diablo, no prob. want realtime bot comm, no prob. Want customized gui front ends, again no prob. need database acces, no problem. Did I mention that you can make bots too? ;) Since the .NET framework provides so much innate functionality, the possibilities are now truly endless for bot developers. Plus there is a lot of pre written open source code for pretty much anything you would need to integrate already.

Hope this helps to make you more fully appreciate what botNET is all about. Feel free to ask any questions.
[/quote]

Although this almost reminds me of CSB but for .NET. Bot Development I suppose can't get much worse I mean at least the leechers will use something decent in the end and people will know who did the underlying code. Almost sounds like a decent solution.
June 29, 2005, 4:03 PM
Lenny
[quote]
With it being based on a compiled language it runs far faster than any other botting system of the past. Current tests show it to be anywhere from 50 - 100 x faster than any others.
[/quote]

.NET is based on a compiled language?
June 29, 2005, 6:20 PM
shout
[quote author=Lenny link=topic=11989.msg118058#msg118058 date=1120069259]
[quote]
[/quote]

.NET is based on a compiled language?
[/quote]

AFAIK, the .Net languages are compiled to the Microsoft Intermiedate Language, which is interpreted. :/
June 29, 2005, 10:08 PM
Myndfyr
C#/VB.NET/J#/etc -> MSIL (binary) -> JIT Compiler -> Native code image which is retained on the machine until the next time the image is changed.

MSIL allows the images to retain binary platform portability (same as Java bytecode).  The MSIL is then translated to a native image by a Just-In-Time compiler on a per-method basis, and resultant native methods are cached on the machine where the program is executing.
June 29, 2005, 10:27 PM
Archangel
[quote author=Networks link=topic=11989.msg118045#msg118045 date=1120060997]
Thanks for the plug but I don't think he needs source code. I am programmer learning C# currently and I'd like to contribute whatever I can.
[/quote]

[quote]battle.net, I'm desperately looking for some source to learn from. [/quote]

He asked for a source code so i gave him the link where he can find it.
I just gave what he asked for.
June 30, 2005, 2:55 AM
Insolence
Thank you very much guys, I just got back from my vacation and I'll take a nice long read of all the information posted once I'm rested.

I wasn't flamed, amazing, thank you all :)
July 1, 2005, 10:46 PM
Archangel
No problem, thats why we are here right?
July 3, 2005, 2:28 PM
shout
BnetHashing.dll and Packet.dll

Exactly what I have been working on as part of my bot. Hashing and a few packets.
July 3, 2005, 2:34 PM
Insolence
[quote author=Shout link=topic=11989.msg118642#msg118642 date=1120401255]
BnetHashing.dll and Packet.dll

Exactly what I have been working on as part of my bot. Hashing and a few packets.
[/quote]Thank you very much, I'll be taking a look at that shortly :)

[quote]No problem, thats why we are here right?[/quote]I suppose so, thank you  :)
July 3, 2005, 8:53 PM

Search