Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | The old mIRC battle.net chat client

AuthorMessageTime
Okee
Anyone remember Heresy? Well, I really liked the feel of Heresy. I'm looking into creating a bot that uses mIRC. I remember trying to make a binary bot a few years ago with mIRC, but I think I ran into some problems.

I think I had a problem creating a packet buffer for mIRC to use. mIRC deals with mostly plain text I believe, so it was difficult to recieve and send the data. I was thinking, would it be possible to create a DLL that contains the packet buffer, and all the required items to logon with the new logon system? I'd also use the bncsutil dll file.

I know a good amount of C++, so if it's possible, I'll just have to re-learn the mIRC scripting aspect.

Has anyone tried this recently? Does this sound possible?
June 18, 2005, 11:49 PM
Yegg
I don't known much about mIRC, but I do remember HeresyBot. I've pretty sure I have a copy stored on a disc somewhere, I keep all my old files. Wasn't that from like the year 2000-2002?
June 19, 2005, 12:20 AM
Soul Taker
Why don't you just make an mIRC-like GUI?
June 19, 2005, 2:23 AM
QwertyMonster
You are having trouble connecting to mIRC? My brother is a mIRC server admin of his server, which is VERY popular and he makes mIRC Bots. I have one on this pc, give me a shout on msn or something and i will more than happy to help.

Pmed you my email
June 19, 2005, 9:32 AM
Forged
Did you not read the post?  He is not haveing problems connecting to mirc, he doesn't know how to write a packetbuffer with the mirc script....
June 19, 2005, 3:51 PM
Explicit[nK]
Try looking up Stygian Bot, or alternatively LK Bot. Although they both require BG3 to run, I believe they will provide a very in-depth starting point. Keep me updated.
June 19, 2005, 8:31 PM
Yegg
I believe that LKBot, although old, is more updated than Stygian Bot. So that would be the best way to go in my opinion. However, how would looking up these bots help at all, are their sources released? Sorry if this a dumb question...
June 19, 2005, 11:23 PM
Forged
I know at one point I had a copy of the LK source, so I assume it is public just hard to find.
June 20, 2005, 12:26 AM
Explicit[nK]
[quote author=Forged link=topic=11890.msg116579#msg116579 date=1119227164]
I know at one point I had a copy of the LK source, so I assume it is public just hard to find.
[/quote]

I definitely wish you the best of luck in finding the source(s).
June 20, 2005, 1:18 AM

Search