Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | newegg pwns me.

AuthorMessageTime
peofeoknight
I ordered a laptop from them at 11:00am today (est). It was on the truck at 2:30pm (I am assuming that is pst). I didn't even purchase the 'rush processing' or anything. I <3 newegg so much.
June 17, 2005, 4:40 AM
KkBlazekK
Cool.  They must like you.
June 17, 2005, 4:41 AM
peofeoknight
Well In the past two days I have purchased $2100 worth of stuff from them so that is very possible, lol.
June 17, 2005, 4:43 AM
Maddox
I was about to order a laptop from them, then I found a place $200 cheaper.
June 17, 2005, 6:23 AM
peofeoknight
I looked around a bit and found this laptop to be a good deal. Tiger direct is the next best thing to newegg for me because they are out of florida so the shipping cost is less... the downside is florida has a 7% sales tax though.
June 17, 2005, 6:47 AM
JTN Designer
I was just going to say TigerDirect, I've never went with newegg for anything, but I am happy with TigerDirect, they never have let me down, but sounds like you got a sweet deal.
June 20, 2005, 6:30 PM
CrAz3D
I bought an mp3 player from newegg, it didnt work & i sent it back.  i got an exchanged one, it didnt work & i sent it back :(
June 20, 2005, 6:33 PM
Vicious
Ouch, bad luck.

I bought a video card off of newegg around 6 months ago. It was only $80 and it's good enough to play Battlefield 2 n' such. I just ordered 1 gig of ram for around $80, and a PCI video card for another computer for around $70. They usually have pretty good deals.
June 21, 2005, 11:01 AM
hismajesty
I bought a computer from newegg. Well, all the pieces to one. :)
June 21, 2005, 11:08 AM
laurion
I bought a 256 stick of RAM this morning, I hope it ships today like yours did :) it was charged a few minutes ago, if that means anything..

*edit:
update: step 4 right now
June 21, 2005, 5:02 PM
hismajesty
[me="hismajesty[yL]"]wonders why everybody is posting their newegg purchases :P[/me]

I almost bought a hard drive, but then I found out my dead one is still under warranty! :D
June 21, 2005, 5:51 PM
peofeoknight
well my laptop got here today. It is very sexy. I am going to put ubuntu on it tomorow probably. I am sitting in my den watching athf and posting on forums... yay
June 22, 2005, 7:20 AM
hismajesty
Don't. I didn't like Ubuntu at all.
June 22, 2005, 1:03 PM
peofeoknight
well i tried to run suse and it is not playing ball with this laptop. It is terribly unstable. I mean i know no linux will run nice out of the box but i am knda tired of rpm based distros too. I wanna give kubuntu or ubuntu a try. Prolly kubuntu w/ that kde pack so it is like ubuntu + kubuntu. My friend runs that on his laptop and it is working nice... I am going ot have to look for an article for running linux on this one w/ the distros i like. I might look for suse info if i still wanna use suse / novell. I would like to stay away from mandrake and fedora though... ill go back to those if I cant get anything else to run smoothly w/ this laptop.
June 23, 2005, 5:46 AM

Search