Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | The forum...

AuthorMessageTime
Undeference
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, not like it really matters...
Just felt like making it known that I find the forum on cgrom.com significantly better. There are about the same number of members (nowhere near as many posts), and it looks better and is just better to use (plus I have a rank).
April 29, 2003, 6:53 PM
Grok
Here too, you rank.
April 29, 2003, 6:59 PM
Arta
How is cgrom.com's forum better than ours? Their background makes my eyes hurt.
April 29, 2003, 7:05 PM
Thing
This is a joke right!?!? Haha! I get it now.

Perl & flat files > PHP & MySQL.
Lame no-scrolling background > Web friendly colored background.
Lame disabled right click > Who gives a shit if you take the graphics.

Your a funny guy.
April 29, 2003, 8:10 PM
Naem
LOL: since you can just get past that "no right click" by pressing enter and right click at the same time, they put this in the source:

[code]
<!--The page cannot be found
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer-->
[/code]

...scroll down a few pages and you find the actual code.
Is this a joke??
April 29, 2003, 8:25 PM
Yoni
cgrom uses YaBB too.
The old version of YaBB, the somewhat Perl and highly non-PHP one.
The background (and entire site, actually) takes a very long time (like 400-500 milliseconds) to render on my CPU (P3 450). It renders every time I scroll. Super annoying. vL forum doesn't seem to suffer this problem... Oh yeah, must be because it doesn't suck.

As for the site:
The font is hard to read.
There is something that looks like a navigation menu on the top. Even after moving my face very close to the monitor, I am unable to read most of the labels.
On the left, there is another navigation menu. In this, the font text and background seem to be the same color. Very... Innovative.
April 29, 2003, 8:26 PM
Grok
Hehe, Welcome to our jungle.
April 29, 2003, 9:17 PM
Thing
[quote author=Naem link=board=2;threadid=1186;start=0#msg8792 date=1051647958]
LOL: since you can just get past that "no right click" by pressing enter and right click at the same time, they put this in the source:

[code]
Internet Explorer-->
[/code]

Is this a joke??
[/quote]

Hey don't post that!!! Now somebody will steal their background image: http://www.cgrom.com/Images/matrix.jpg
April 29, 2003, 9:18 PM
dRAgoN

[code]
Internet Explorer-->
[/code]

Is this a joke??
[/quote]

or View / Source
April 29, 2003, 9:29 PM
iago
[quote author=dRAgoN link=board=2;threadid=1186;start=0#msg8801 date=1051651775]

[code]
Internet Explorer-->
[/code]

Is this a joke??
[/quote]

or View / Source
[/quote]

Or hold down the left button while pressing the right. It's all good! :)
April 29, 2003, 10:25 PM
Yoni
Meh, you guys know all the HTML source stealing tricks. I hope someday I'll be an HTML thief as good as you.
April 30, 2003, 1:18 AM
Invert
Did someone miss the real reason for his post? It's advertising his/friends forum. Should we delete this post for blatant advertising?
April 30, 2003, 1:28 AM
laurion
[quote author=Invert link=board=2;threadid=1186;start=0#msg8818 date=1051666083]
Did someone miss the real reason for his post? It's advertising his/friends forum. Should we delete this post for blatant advertising?
[/quote]
Absolutely.
April 30, 2003, 10:24 AM
MrRaza
who cares, really...
April 30, 2003, 12:31 PM
Grok
Don't over moderate. We're not having a problem with people advertising. If we were, then yes, we'd need to moderate. But our new friend gave us something to talk about for 15 seconds.
April 30, 2003, 2:03 PM
Thing
Another couple of ways to look at it are:

1. If he came here looking for public humiliation, he got it and he is happy and we are happy to give it to him.

2. If he just came here to advertise, he did and he is happy and we are happy for humiliating him.

I am so happy that everybody is happy.
April 30, 2003, 3:01 PM
Etheran
+1 to thing because he is so happy.
May 1, 2003, 10:19 PM

Search