Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | JavaOP Questions

AuthorMessageTime
thebigred
Hello, the forum from the JavaOP Homepage is down, so I have a few questions that any users might be able to answer here.  I want the classic wintersbot version of allseen and seen, where each user that comes in has their name and time logged and with allseen, you can view the latest 10 people that have entered and with seen you can check the date and time they last logged on.  I have written scripts for this on Firebot (the problem is I can't find any flag for 'anyone'), but I haven't been able to get in touch with Feanor so I could convert it to JavaOP.  My questions are this:
Is there a userflag where anyone can use it?  I want these two commands to be available to anyone, rather than me having to manually flag every person that enters channel. 
Does JavaOP have any log file where it logs name and date/time so I won't have to create one? 
Is there a mail command, where a user can send a short text message to another user?
Thanks
June 5, 2005, 12:22 AM
shout
What does this have to do "Battle.Net Bot Development?"
June 5, 2005, 12:29 AM
Kp
[quote author=thebigred link=topic=11768.msg114887#msg114887 date=1117930938]
Hello, the forum from the JavaOP Homepage is down, so I have a few questions that any users might be able to answer here.  I want the classic wintersbot version of allseen and seen, where each user that comes in has their name and time logged and with allseen, you can view the latest 10 people that have entered and with seen you can check the date and time they last logged on.  I have written scripts for this on Firebot (the problem is I can't find any flag for 'anyone'), but I haven't been able to get in touch with Feanor so I could convert it to JavaOP.  My questions are this:
Is there a userflag where anyone can use it?  I want these two commands to be available to anyone, rather than me having to manually flag every person that enters channel. 
Does JavaOP have any log file where it logs name and date/time so I won't have to create one? 
Is there a mail command, where a user can send a short text message to another user?[/quote]

Allowing unknown users to execute a command is an invitation for various DoS attacks, and is therefore highly inadvisable.  Given Java's existing file classes, it shouldn't be more than a couple hours work to code up all the other extensions you want.  Please post patches here when you're done, so others can benefit from it.  I recommend diff -bru for generating the .patch files.
June 5, 2005, 12:41 AM
iago
If you're talking about my bot (JavaOp, from www.javaop.com), then you'll want to post it on my forum.  If you meant the forum is down, that's fixed.. the link was out of date. 

Yes, there is a mail command.  It hasnt' been tested much, to my knowledge, but I welcome feedback on it. 

I haven't added an allseen command, I hadn't really thought about it.  It would be easy enough to do, but I have been rather busy lately and haven't had much time to work on bots.  You can add it to my "suggestions" board, and I or somebody else will do it. 

You can give everybody a flag by giving a flag to *.  I set * => L in my channel, so everybody can use L commands.  L commands are always safe for anybody to use. 

Yes, it has logs.  There is a plugin called "Logging", I believe, you can configure it to output to text, html, or phpbb-style forum tags.

And to shout: this has to do with the development of my bot, so it does have to do with bot development :-P

But from now on, please use the forum at www.javaop.com. 
June 5, 2005, 12:47 AM
iago
[quote author=Kp link=topic=11768.msg114890#msg114890 date=1117932097]
[quote author=thebigred link=topic=11768.msg114887#msg114887 date=1117930938]
Is there a mail command, where a user can send a short text message to another user?[/quote]

Allowing unknown users to execute a command is an invitation for various DoS attacks, and is therefore highly inadvisable.  Given Java's existing file classes, it shouldn't be more than a couple hours work to code up all the other extensions you want.  Please post patches here when you're done, so others can benefit from it.  I recommend diff -bru for generating the .patch files.
[/quote]

I'm aware the setting everybody to L is a good way to get DoS'd, but I do it anyway on the theory that any member can quickly remove it.  Or, alternatively, if a single person is doing it they can be set to +i, which totally ignores them. 

Also, thanks for telling me how to use diff properly, I was trying to figure it out a couple days ago.  It was a single file (so I didn't need r) and I setted on -u.  -b is a good idea, though, I'll have to remember it :)
June 5, 2005, 12:49 AM
thebigred
thanks much, I'll post any additional problems I have inthe JavaOP forum.  I'll play around with it for a few days and see if I come up with anything that isn't already there.  thanks :)
June 5, 2005, 2:15 AM

Search