Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | D2 or LOD

AuthorMessageTime
jigsaw
Hey guys Im looking for D2 or LOD items on either west or east server.. i want to start playing and I want badass items.. if anyone has chars they dont play or knows how to get me items.. please post here.
May 21, 2005, 5:20 AM
nslay
[quote author=jigsaw link=topic=11655.msg113214#msg113214 date=1116652841]
Hey guys Im looking for D2 or LOD items on either west or east server.. i want to start playing and I want badass items.. if anyone has chars they dont play or knows how to get me items.. please post here.
[/quote]

If they are "badass" and you want them immediately you'll probably have to buy them (the dupes) or know someone.  It takes years to collect godlies.  There are a few very godly legit prepatch items and a few 1.09 and 1.10 legit godlies too but don't expect to get those unless you have something major to trade with (usually you can't buy these).
I assume you want "badass" items to duel with ... for pvm (player vs monster) you don't need such items.  I recommend classic since dueling on xpac is a little corny.  Xpac violates the character's uniqueness by allowing items to have skill bonuses that don't belong.  In all the xpac duels I've seen everyone teleports and uses battle orders (and I mean everyone! sorcs, necros, barbs etc...) and there are even whirl wind (barb move) assassins! 
May 21, 2005, 6:19 AM
jigsaw
i just want tight shit to lvl...
perhaps classic is better, anyone havei tems for me
May 21, 2005, 6:49 AM
Disco
I've got some stuff you can have. Since i never got into trading im not sure how good some of it is.

Breath of the Dying (sword)

Stormshield Monarch

Ormus' Robes Dusk Shroud

Duriels Shell

Wizard Spike Bone Knife

They're all non-ladder expansion. I may have some others/more depending on what kind of char your making.
May 21, 2005, 7:18 AM
KoRRuPT
[quote]D2 or LOD[/quote]

I play LOD, and so should you.
May 21, 2005, 3:37 PM
Newby
nslay: That adds a unique edge to dueling. So that way one character can't dominate the entire time.
May 21, 2005, 4:35 PM
nslay
[quote author=Newby link=topic=11655.msg113253#msg113253 date=1116693340]
nslay: That adds a unique edge to dueling. So that way one character can't dominate the entire time.
[/quote]

Unfortunately there are still the few characters that always win the duels.  Lets face it, amazons and druids won't be good even with that "edge".
Then from that group that always win duels, there is a subgroup that just can't win, mainly sorceress since her fall back is resistance.  The only sorceress that can duel is the lightning sorc since she does extraordinary damage regardless of the maximum resistance.  Unfortunately that type of sorc is extremely difficult to pilot.  Most people that use them use the autoaim hack.  So, I see no advantage to skill bonuses that don't belong, it just makes duels more complicated and less fun.  Classic has the same problem even without skill bonuses.  In classic and LOD alike, the ones who win are the ones with significant magical or physical damage since there is no significant resistance against those two (assuming they are well built).
May 22, 2005, 5:42 PM
KoRRuPT
[quote author=nslay link=topic=11655.msg113379#msg113379 date=1116783776]
[/quote]

Unfortunately there are still the few characters that always win the duels. Lets face it, amazons and druids won't be good even with that "edge".
Then from that group that always win duels, there is a subgroup that just can't win, mainly sorceress since her fall back is resistance. The only sorceress that can duel is the lightning sorc since she does extraordinary damage regardless of the maximum resistance. Unfortunately that type of sorc is extremely difficult to pilot. Most people that use them use the autoaim hack. So, I see no advantage to skill bonuses that don't belong, it just makes duels more complicated and less fun. Classic has the same problem even without skill bonuses. In classic and LOD alike, the ones who win are the ones with significant magical or physical damage since there is no significant resistance against those two (assuming they are well built).
[/quote]

Sorry to say this, but you are completely off. An amazon with lightning absorb could easily own a lightning sorc. Or, even an amazon with extremely high ATR and extremely hit dex would easily own a barb or any other character, considering every single arrow she shoots will be a 100% hit.

Also, I thought we were talking about "legit" dueling and no additional programs such as "autoaim hacks".
May 22, 2005, 6:49 PM
nslay
[quote author=Akamas link=topic=11655.msg113396#msg113396 date=1116787791]
[quote author=nslay link=topic=11655.msg113379#msg113379 date=1116783776]
[/quote]

Unfortunately there are still the few characters that always win the duels. Lets face it, amazons and druids won't be good even with that "edge".
Then from that group that always win duels, there is a subgroup that just can't win, mainly sorceress since her fall back is resistance. The only sorceress that can duel is the lightning sorc since she does extraordinary damage regardless of the maximum resistance. Unfortunately that type of sorc is extremely difficult to pilot. Most people that use them use the autoaim hack. So, I see no advantage to skill bonuses that don't belong, it just makes duels more complicated and less fun. Classic has the same problem even without skill bonuses. In classic and LOD alike, the ones who win are the ones with significant magical or physical damage since there is no significant resistance against those two (assuming they are well built).
[/quote]

Sorry to say this, but you are completely off. An amazon with lightning absorb could easily own a lightning sorc. Or, even an amazon with extremely high ATR and extremely hit dex would easily own a barb or any other character, considering every single arrow she shoots will be a 100% hit.

Also, I thought we were talking about "legit" dueling and no additional programs such as "autoaim hacks".
[/quote]

I only mentioned autoaim hack because many light sorcs use it.  I don't condone its use.

[quote]
In classic and LOD alike, the ones who win are the ones with significant magical or physical damage since there is no significant resistance against those two (assuming they are well built).
[/quote]

From what you tell me this holds.  An amazon deals physical damage with her guided arrow.  Unfortunately, guided arrow is only 95% hit rate and most barbs wear shields anyways.  Now, I can concieve of such an amazon (especially with teleport) killing a two handed barb but in my opinion, two handed barbs are no good except for pvm.  Those well built shield barbs also have a ton of life to lose.  I'd wager a well built shield barb could beat a well built amazon any day.  That reminds me, the more dext you dump into the zon, the less life she'll have, but consequently the more damage she'll deal.

I'd also like to note that in 1.10 pierce doesn't work in duels.  Pierce is what made amazons as potent as they once were.
May 22, 2005, 7:35 PM
KoRRuPT
We'll I'm just telling you what I saw in a duel game, an amazon with very high ATR and she was cleaning up, SS barbs, sorcs, other zons, pallys, etc.. she didn't lose once. I'm not 100% sure of how the character was built, but no one could kill her, and thats proof enough for me that zons have potential if you know how to make them.
May 22, 2005, 8:04 PM
nslay
[quote author=Akamas link=topic=11655.msg113413#msg113413 date=1116792240]
We'll I'm just telling you what I saw in a duel game, an amazon with very high ATR and she was cleaning up, SS barbs, sorcs, other zons, pallys, etc.. she didn't lose once. I'm not 100% sure of how the character was built, but no one could kill her, and thats proof enough for me that zons have potential if you know how to make them.
[/quote]

Sounds like classic.  My kind of style  8)
Yeah, this is clearly a dext zon.  My friend has one that does 1k damage per hit which in pvp terms ~167 damage (1/6 the damage in pvp).  The zon has about 400 or so life though...  The barb I'm designing is a bva (barb vs all to those unfamiliar) that will have ~ 3000+ (with battle orders) life at 80, its a ss barb.  I sacrificed the 100-200 or so extra life for a little more damage.  So, it would take 18 hits from such a zon (assuming she deals 1k each time) to kill this barb, however since he wears a shield that is 69% block rate, the zon has a ~30% chance of hitting me (0.31*0.95 = 0.2945).  If I wear a twitch (and I will if there are no sorcs lurking around), the zon will hit ~25% of the time.  The probability the zon will hit me 18 times straight without a block can be found by treating the hit/no hit situation like a coin toss. 
We find that if I don't wear a twitch the zon will hit (0.3)^18 ~ 3.87*10^(-10) = 3.87*10^(-8)% chance.  If I wear a twitch she'll hit (0.24)^18 ~ 6.98 * 10^(-12) = 6.98*10^(-10)% chance.  So its unlikely she'll hit me in the first 18 shots every single time.

The bva item build is
storm circlet crown
angelic amulet
1 angelic ring
1 chaos finger ring
a tower shield with 66% cold resist, 39% all the rest, 30/20
soul shank greaves
rune lash light belt
glyph hand war gauntlets
perfect saphire socket soul scratch executioner sword (to slow runners for 1 second, it also screws up paladins in mid charge and other barbs in mid whirl wind)
and Hawkmail scale mail

Alternate equipment is
The above using 2 angelic rings, no shield (this would be used if there are no ice sorcs and a necro or two around, need that running speed)

The above with Goblin Toes, sword back, and twitch and 2 angelics if there are no ice sorcs and no necros hanging around and a few bvbs.

The main item build is supposed to make the bva as well rounded as possible, so that in war situations it can take hits from any character
In hell, it has 90 cold resist resolved (counting -135 cold resist from cold mastery and -50 from hell)
and 73 light resist resolved (counting -145 from conviction and -50 from hell)
fire resist is max in hell, it doesn't matter what it is since there is no - fire resist moves.
The added damage and the partial angelics is meant to make the bva more effective at hitting and killing a hammer paladin (especially the high defense ones).  It also helps when fighting a bvb, piloting this build correctly can beat some bvb builds, especially when wearing bvb gear.

The skill build (up to lvl 80)
max whirl wind,
max sword mastery,
11 in faster run/walk
10 in natural resistence
max  battle orders
1 point in battle commands

Assuming the storm circlet is a perfect emerald socket (doesn't matter if its perfect amethyst, I choose either emerald or amethyst since a perfect ruby gives 38 life and a 10 stat points gives 40 life on a barb, so either +10 str ot +10 dext is fine)
the stat build is as follows

total contributed str is 46
total contributed dext is 71

to get 3000+ life we need to spend 263 points on vit for a total of 288 vit
to get minimum 110 dext we need to spend 19 in dext for a total of 39 dext (without items)
that leaves us with 128 points to spend on str which leaves us with 158 str without items and 204 with the items

So, we get +3 skills from soul scratch and battle commands
that gives us 264% enhanced damage ([url]http://www.d2skills.com/[/url])

Swords don't have a special damage modifier like maces, so the total max physical damage is computed as follows
For one handed max one handed damage is 134
we find damage as dmg*(1+ed%/100+str/100)
soul scratch adds 8 str
134*(1+2.64+2.12)=134*5.76~772 compared to minimal str 170 (+8 with ss) 726 so we have a 46 damage difference which is huge in the sight of whirl wind.  Leveling it to 90 as I plan to, I'll add the 50 stat points to str and we get a total amount of damage ~839 which is a 113 damage difference.  We do sacrifice 136 base life which is 34 stat points at 80 and 84 stat points at 90, 336 base life.  With battle orders, we sacrifice twice that amount.  The reason I do this is because I want to be able to really hurt the hammer paladins, 672 life is a little amount vs a hammer anyways.  It also seems to me that the extra damage gives me a little more edge vs other barbs anyways.

May 22, 2005, 9:35 PM

Search