Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | beginner VB`er

AuthorMessageTime
Nodda4you
Interested in learning VB. I'm fairly new at it. I've just been reading up on Variables.  Im trying to learn a little bit more about Winsock. HOWEVER, im not an average VB beginner DUMBASS that wants to make a bot the second they hear about VB W/O LEARNING THE LANGUAGE!! >:( >:(. Any suggestions about things I could make with such fields: Variables, little winsock knowledge, etc??
If you want, you can IM me on AIM: Nodda4you  If you could supply help. Thanks alot.

`Nodda ;D
May 18, 2005, 3:00 AM
Myndfyr
My first suggestion would be posting on the Visual Basic forum instead of the bot development forum.
May 18, 2005, 3:05 AM
Nodda4you
True. I thought this was ;)
May 18, 2005, 3:12 AM
Spilled[DW]
[quote author=Nodda4you link=topic=11621.msg112826#msg112826 date=1116385238]
Interested in learning VB. I'm fairly new at it. I've just been reading up on Variables.  Im trying to learn a little bit more about Winsock. HOWEVER, im not an average VB beginner DUMBASS that wants to make a bot the second they hear about VB W/O LEARNING THE LANGUAGE!! >:( >:(. Any suggestions about things I could make with such fields: Variables, little winsock knowledge, etc??
If you want, you can IM me on AIM: Nodda4you  If you could supply help. Thanks alot.

`Nodda ;D
[/quote]

Hrmm, i strongly suggest that you create a program other then a battle.net bot as your first program using a winsock. Perhaps a small chat program?
May 18, 2005, 3:15 PM
Ban
Or maybe something with a message box. No need for sockets yet.
May 18, 2005, 3:20 PM
R.a.B.B.i.T
Try writing a program that connects to 127.0.0.1 and sends a user-entered value or something, then writing another that accepts and prints the message :)
May 18, 2005, 6:51 PM
Nodda4you
Alright, i got the .getdata now :) I made it so a server is hosted on Localhost and port 6112. I just used that port because i wasn't on b.net atm. anyway. on the client, i made it so it connects, and i press a button and it opens a msgbox on teh server saying whatever i set that button to :)
May 18, 2005, 7:03 PM
NetNX
Wouldnt matter if you were on bnet or not ~~
May 19, 2005, 5:06 PM

Search